Vera Bradley

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vera Bradley in October 2014.

Sent an application and got a call the next day for an interview. Went for the interview and was asked SO MANY questions. Pretty sure the interview ran for an entire hour. But anyway, she had a sheet of questions about 30 deep and asked me literally every single one and then some. By far the most obnoxiously long interview I have ever had for a retail position. I actually started to blank out with the questions because I lost interest in answering them. I'll find out if I get the job at then end of this month, but I just don't know if I have a good feeling about it. Overall the woman who interviewed me was really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was related to my keyholder experience ... I have a full time job already and I wasn't interested in anymore responsibility.   Answer Question
    Pay was higher than expected (10.50) which has me worried a little. Like what the job will be like. Also, she told me the training was at a hotel and it was going to be 6 hours long and it was to go over sales experience and possibly register training.

Stock Room Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vera Bradley in August 2014.

I received a phone call a couple days after I applied online from a very friendly lady. She set up my interview time and place. The interview was held at a local hotel. I was interviewed by two managers. One who flew in from Florida to help with the process, and one from the store that I was applying to. Both ladies were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable while answering their questions.

Interview Questions
    • The first question was "tell me why you would like to work for Vera Bradley before anyone else", the second question I remembered was "do you buy our brand".   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Vera Bradley.

I was contacted for a phone interview that consisted of basic questions. Then I went for an in store interview and was asked a series of tough questions for a retail job.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied, heard back 2 days later. Got called in for initial interview. It was by a woman who did not seem to be the manager; perhaps associate or lower level. 3 days later I heard back to get called in for a 2nd interview by the manager this time. It was around 10 minutes and went ok. I asked if I would hear back through email or phone and she said she would call me. That was a lie; she didn't get back to me in an orderly amount of time (FIVE days), and then I got a generated email from Vera Bradley saying they did not offer me a job. By the 3rd day I figured I didn't get an offer but to not keep your word and make someone wait that long? Unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • She asked a time when "something fell through the cracks", which is basically like another question they ask, "what did you do when you didn't do something correctly? How did you fix it?"   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vera Bradley.

There were a couple situational questions. For example, when was a time you had to show humility? What would you do if...?

It was a great interview experience. The manager who interviewed me was very sweet, and I felt relaxed talking to her. By the end of the interview, it felt as if we had been friends for ages and were just catching up over coffee. I definitely went home with a smile and knew I wanted that job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an upset customer who wants to do a return without a receipt, and the item obviously looks used and worn?   View Answer
    It was all done over the phone. We had discussed hourly rates during the interview, so really, it was just a matter of explaining attire, timeliness, parking, and things to bring on the first day for payroll, taxes, etc.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vera Bradley in May 2014.

They called me a day or so after I applied and set up an interview. The interview was just a manager asking you questions about your old jobs. Why you liked it, why you left, what job did you like best, what did you do at your job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vera Bradley in May 2014.

I emailed my resume to corporate..within 36 hours the Store Manager called me to set up an interview within the next few days...My interview was with her and the District Manager via conference call and lasted 45 minutes. I left feeling confident and positive; a rapport with the Store Manager..had not heard for 3 weeks when promised a notification. I called and was told position was filled and did not understand why I didn't receive a letter notifying me..with a tone that sounded like she could not be bothered.

Interview Questions
    • Most didficult lesson learned as a Manager?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vera Bradley.

The entire interview process was very organized. I felt very comfortable throughout the interview. All questions made sense to the position I was interviewing for and my past experience. It was nice having two people interview so several bases were covered for my questions about the company and the position as well. Overall, it was a good experience.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vera Bradley.

Interviewed with several different people

better opportunity

Marketing Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vera Bradley.

I applied online and was contacted by an HR manager in which I had a thirty minute phone interview talking abroad previous marketing and sociak media work.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for actual hard numbers on how I increased sales for company   Answer Question