Vera Bradley Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vera Bradley in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I have three years of prior retail experience so I think they knew that they wanted me even before the interview. She asked me some questions and wrote my paraphrased answers down. She talked a lot to inform me of things that Vera Bradley does to make sure I would be able to transition from my old job to this one. I interviewed on a Friday and I was offered the job on the following Tuesday. The actual hiring process takes a while (and they do require a drug test), so even if they offer you the job after the interview, it's best to wait to quit your old job until all the paperwork is done and everything is in check.

Interview Questions

• What's the best customer service you've ever received? Which of Vera's core values do you think best relates to you? Why do you want to work for Vera Bradley? How do you deal with a customer who is having a hard time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In the interview, the assistant manager asked what I would like to be paid. When they called to offer me the job, they told me my starting pay rate would be $10.30

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vera Bradley (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two people that interviewed me they were really nice ladies. The interview only lasted 20 minutes. I would recommend wearing a Vera Bradley bag to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • Do you own any Vera Bradley items?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vera Bradley (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call from the store's assistant manager about scheduling an interview (which I think they select you for an interview if they like your resume). She was very sweet and did a lot of the talking during the interview actually. At the end of the first interview, she said I will get a call from her saying if I get a second interview or not. She called and scheduled another interview with me, where I was offered the job at the end of the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vera Bradley (Whitehall, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the manager. She was very sweet and friendly, as were the other two employees working at the time. We went into the back room for the interview. She asked me several questions about my education, job experience, etc. She asked me to try to sell something to her. She also asked what I would do in a situation where there was a sale and a customer came in a few days after it had ended and was upset about it. Overall i felt as if this interview went fantastically well. She kept emphasizing to me that sometimes Vera Bradley likes to hire people, like myself, who do not have retail experience so that they can train them a certain way. However, I received an email a few days later from VB's human resources telling me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What caught your eye when you walked into the store?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vera Bradley (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume through a third party hiring website. Later that week I got an email from the General Manager, she then set me up from an interview at the store location. This interview lasted about a hour. Second interview was an over the phone interview with the District Manager, I was then offered a position later that day.

Interview Questions

I had a counter offer from current employer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vera Bradley.

Interview

Applied online and waited a week. I had a short interview on the phone with a VERY nice lady. She asked basic questions like availability, what do I know about the product, do I own any vera bradley items... she also asked about my past experience in retail. She informed me someone would call later for a 2nd interview. Again this lady was really nice! Majority of the questions were situational/experience related. But she made it so easy for me. Heard back the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an angry customer who just wasn't having the best day and something you did to help them have a better day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vera Bradley (Albany, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at a hotel with two managers. They asked questions regarding sales and interacting with customers. Since I did not have any sales experience I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to a customer who is just looking but doesn't want to purchase anything   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vera Bradley in October 2014.

Interview

Sent an application and got a call the next day for an interview. Went for the interview and was asked SO MANY questions. Pretty sure the interview ran for an entire hour. But anyway, she had a sheet of questions about 30 deep and asked me literally every single one and then some. By far the most obnoxiously long interview I have ever had for a retail position. I actually started to blank out with the questions because I lost interest in answering them. I'll find out if I get the job at then end of this month, but I just don't know if I have a good feeling about it. Overall the woman who interviewed me was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was related to my keyholder experience ... I have a full time job already and I wasn't interested in anymore responsibility.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was higher than expected (10.50) which has me worried a little. Like what the job will be like. Also, she told me the training was at a hotel and it was going to be 6 hours long and it was to go over sales experience and possibly register training.

Stock Room Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vera Bradley in August 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call a couple days after I applied online from a very friendly lady. She set up my interview time and place. The interview was held at a local hotel. I was interviewed by two managers. One who flew in from Florida to help with the process, and one from the store that I was applying to. Both ladies were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable while answering their questions.

Interview Questions

• The first question was "tell me why you would like to work for Vera Bradley before anyone else", the second question I remembered was "do you buy our brand".   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Vera Bradley.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview that consisted of basic questions. Then I went for an in store interview and was asked a series of tough questions for a retail job.