Vera Institute Of Justice

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vera Institute Of Justice

Public Policy Intern Interview

Normal Interview, asking about why I was interested in Vera, my strengths and weaknesses, why I was interested in criminal justice

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 words that you would use to describe yourself   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vera Institute Of Justice in November 2012.

Received email telling me I needed to interview. Casual interview on the phone. They asked me about my resume and why I was applying for the position. Also asked me to expand on the writing sample I submitted and so I gave them the details. The interview was more informational than anything

There was no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vera Institute Of Justice in February 2010.

I had a phone interview first with a few questions about my experience. Then I was called in for an in person interview that lasted 5 hours. I met with 5 different people some together some separate and they asked a lot of the same basic interview questions.

The supervisor I interviewed with called my current employer to check my references without giving me notice that he was doing so which was awkward. He also insisted that I start and move within two weeks when there was no immediate need for me to start.

Interview Questions
    • Why are there so many black people in jail?   View Answer
    I should have negotiated more!