VeriFone Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

IT Audit Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VeriFone.

Applied from the company website and was contacted 5 days later by the recruiter. All conversation was made only via email, no phone conversation. The hiring manager had questions about my skills and experiences, but rather than setting up a phone interview, he sent a long questionnaire through the recruiter. I provided my answers promptly.

I never heard back from the recruiter anymore, but the job is still posted. I inquired the recruiter, who told me the position has been filled and the posting is wrong. He will remove the posting. This was back in September 2013 and sometimes in December 2013, it was no longer posted.

Today, July 2014, the position was re-posted again. It seems that the IT audit management team have an issue keeping their staff, so I am kind of glad I was not selected.

Mobile Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at VeriFone.

I got an interview call from career fair. That was onsite interview for 2 hours. I met 2 managers from that group. that was simple interview. Didn't ask difficult questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at VeriFone.

Interview process is regressive. you must know everything you put down on your resume

tough

Software Quality Assurance Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VeriFone.

The interviews were fairly standard, there were some questions regarding hypothetical situations ("what testing approach would you use for this device"), and overall a discussion about my background in relation to the environment at Verifone. Everyone in each round of interviews was very nice and engaging, explaining the position in depth as well as expectations. However, I was very disappointed to find that after multiple rounds of positive interviews and indication that I would be hearing back, I never did. No form letter or anything, even after following up with the internal recruiter. I believe how a company handles its hiring process speaks volumes on its respect for an applicant's time, its internal processes and appreciation for its employees, so it's very likely all for the best that I had never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked during the interview.   Answer Question

General Interview

manager will tell you what you want to hear to get you to accept a position at VeriFone. Once you are at the company, you soon find out the manager lied to you.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VeriFone in March 2013.

Initial communication and interview scheduling by an HR.
    Interview for 1 hour - 30 mins HR questions and 30 mins technical questions.

Technical Support Supervisor - Petro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VeriFone in February 2012.

The worst interview experience. I was received by the hiring manager who showed me the building. The office environment and moral seemed down specially for a call center. I saw a regular PC-monitor ( Non-flat) -shocked-. The interview took one hour with the hiring manager and all the floor supervisors ( terrible dress code for an interview). The interview had no structure, asking random questions with no sense, no note taking. One of the supervisors ended the interview with a statement: " I wish our job was as easier as yours" , It made me wonder why they called me for an interview if my qualifications were up to the standards. No follow-up, thank you email from the recruiter. I was shocked to see that they do not invest in technology being a technology company.

Interview Questions
    • You have 3 people in an island, one boat and you have to get one of them but ......   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VeriFone in October 2011.

Recruiter reached out to me for a position on VeriFone's engineering team. After 2 different discussions with the recruiter (one face-to-face), I had an onsite meeting with the hiring manager and his boss. The next week consisted of phone interviews with 5 different people. Next steps took 2-3 weeks to complete, ending with no job offer.

Overall experience good, although there was no clear communication at the end when the offer went to another person. It would have been nice to have heard from the recruiter or company that the process was complete and they went with another candidate.

Summary: the job description was very clear, the process fairly quick (~4 weeks).

Interview Questions
    • What has been your experience managing distributed development teams?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at VeriFone in March 2010.

1:1 interview but the manager does not seem knowledgable of the area of his work. Overall a disapointing experience. Questions were weak and mostly non technical.

Interview Questions

Salary too low and the work expection is high; the company culture is a rude shock. Most of the employees are unhappy and working there because of bad job market. It is a company which pays good salary to senior manger to suck the blood out of middle and junior employees..

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VeriFone in January 2010.

I applied through Monster.com and received a call back within a week. I had to come in for an interview and take a Project Management test on line to get a base line of my project management skills. The test was relatively easy. I then interviewed with the director of project management, the head of Marketing and the head of Sales in NY.

Interview Questions
    No flexibility on vacation or time off.