VeriFone

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at VeriFone.

Interview Details – I got an interview call from career fair. That was onsite interview for 2 hours. I met 2 managers from that group. that was simple interview. Didn't ask difficult questions.

Interview Question – It was quite easy technical round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at VeriFone.

Interview Details – Interview process is regressive. you must know everything you put down on your resume

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tough

Human Resources Staffing Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VeriFone.

Interview Details – Excellent, modern approach to hiring.

Interview Question – Everythign was informative.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at VeriFone.

Interview Details – The interviews were fairly standard, there were some questions regarding hypothetical situations ("what testing approach would you use for this device"), and overall a discussion about my background in relation to the environment at Verifone. Everyone in each round of interviews was very nice and engaging, explaining the position in depth as well as expectations. However, I was very disappointed to find that after multiple rounds of positive interviews and indication that I would be hearing back, I never did. No form letter or anything, even after following up with the internal recruiter. I believe how a company handles its hiring process speaks volumes on its respect for an applicant's time, its internal processes and appreciation for its employees, so it's very likely all for the best that I had never heard back.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VeriFone in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication and interview scheduling by an HR.
Interview for 1 hour - 30 mins HR questions and 30 mins technical questions.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

General Interview

Interviewed at VeriFone

Interview Details – manager will tell you what you want to hear to get you to accept a position at VeriFone. Once you are at the company, you soon find out the manager lied to you.

Technical Support Supervisor - Petro Interview

Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VeriFone in February 2012.

Interview Details – The worst interview experience. I was received by the hiring manager who showed me the building. The office environment and moral seemed down specially for a call center. I saw a regular PC-monitor ( Non-flat) -shocked-. The interview took one hour with the hiring manager and all the floor supervisors ( terrible dress code for an interview). The interview had no structure, asking random questions with no sense, no note taking. One of the supervisors ended the interview with a statement: " I wish our job was as easier as yours" , It made me wonder why they called me for an interview if my qualifications were up to the standards. No follow-up, thank you email from the recruiter. I was shocked to see that they do not invest in technology being a technology company.

Interview Question – You have 3 people in an island, one boat and you have to get one of them but ......   View Answer

Engineering Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VeriFone in October 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me for a position on VeriFone's engineering team. After 2 different discussions with the recruiter (one face-to-face), I had an onsite meeting with the hiring manager and his boss. The next week consisted of phone interviews with 5 different people. Next steps took 2-3 weeks to complete, ending with no job offer.

Overall experience good, although there was no clear communication at the end when the offer went to another person. It would have been nice to have heard from the recruiter or company that the process was complete and they went with another candidate.

Summary: the job description was very clear, the process fairly quick (~4 weeks).

Interview Question – What has been your experience managing distributed development teams?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Rocklin, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at VeriFone in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview but the manager does not seem knowledgable of the area of his work. Overall a disapointing experience. Questions were weak and mostly non technical.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Salary too low and the work expection is high; the company culture is a rude shock. Most of the employees are unhappy and working there because of bad job market. It is a company which pays good salary to senior manger to suck the blood out of middle and junior employees..

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VeriFone in October 2013.

Interview Details – went through a recruiter website, had 2 round of technical and a hr interview

Interview Question – it was a normal interview   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for VeriFone? Contribute to the Community!

VeriFone Videos

VeriFone – Why Work for Us?

VeriFone is a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment where employees focus on developing industry defining solutions. We work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VeriFone interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by VeriFone employees and interview candidates.