Verian

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Verian.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with director which was behavioural. Later had on-site interviews with senior directors and everything was very behavioural.

Interview Question – What is your experience with Client-facing experience   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verian.

Interview Details – Plan for a phone interview, followed by a meeting in the office and then a lunch meeting.
The interview in the office will be with multiple managers. They ask practical questions and don't throw any curve balls. More than anything they want to know that you (1) have a true desire to be part of the organization (2) have knowledge or experience for the position, (3) are a good fit for the team...so be yourself.

Interview Question – It wasn't difficult, but it is a long day of interviewing when you go onsite...plan for 2+ hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy enough...be frank about what you want and expect. Get everything in writing (job details, salary and bonus structure with numbers).

Marketing Department Interview

Marketing Department
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verian in March 2012.

Interview Details – I am a veteran in my profession, and I was very impressed with Verian's interview process. I was treated with much value and respect throughout numerous interviews and visits. It was this value and respect that kept me engaged with the company, and ultimately prompted me to accept a position.

Interview Question – I felt all interview questions were appropriate and tailored for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Excellent. Negotiating my desired package was smooth and I felt my needs were understood and respected throughout the process.

Management Interview

Management
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verian.

Interview Details – Applied for position online via Verian website. After a couple of days, the recruiter contacted me to set up an interview with the manager of the department that I had applied with. Not much in the way of hard-core questions - a lot of "tell me about yourself and your qualifications". I felt that I asked 75% of the questions, but apparently it was enough to get me a 2nd look. Next steps included filling out a well-scripted questionnaire, and then a personality test. From there, I went onsite for face-to-face interviews. All travel expenses were reimbursed promptly.

The biggest disappointment: after the interviews, I never heard a single word from the company again despite repeated attempts to get an update. I found this to be very unprofessional as even a simple email with a "we decided to go with another candidate who better meets our needs" would have sufficed. Little things like that can turn a positive experience into a negative one.

That said, the people that I met were very nice, and the company itself seemed to have a solid strategy for growth.

Interview Question – What is the single greatest accomplishment of your life?   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

IT Administrator
Indian Land, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verian.

Interview Details – The HR contact was very friendly and the process started off with a simple phone interview. Lasted maybe 20 minutes. I was not local to this company and had to drive far for the in person interview (12 hrs). Although I did not expect compensation, none was offered anyway. The interview lasted far too long, taking approximately 6 hours. This may have been because I was from out of town but it felt like I met with everyone from the company. Nice building and people but the process did not feel entirely organized.

Interview Question – Very little was asked of my technical skills and experience. This was odd as seeing how there was no way to gauge my abilities if not asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was minimal. They gave me an absolute hard limit and would not budge. They offered less then the surrounding area but offered quarterly bonuses to make up. I found out later that bonuses were at their discretion and were rarely given. They also offered zero moving expenses and a negligible profit sharing (some received less then $100)

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Verian in November 2011.

Interview Details – Was given a tour of the new building in Charlotte then proceeded to sit down with Information Consultant for a 10-15 minute 1:1 interview. All of the questions were directed towards my resume and trying to find the right fit at the company. Emphasis was placed on my ambitions to start at a start-up or go bigger. Proceeded to meet with Sales & Marketing, IT, and other departments throughout the day.

Interview Question – What do you think of working at a start-up?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Fort Mill, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verian in November 2011.

Interview Details – Company seems interesting, but their interview process is definitely not up to par with others in the industry. Process is simply too long and if interviewing for engineering, they ask you to present a project with very few requirements details and guidelines which was quite different from all other interviews I've been involved in. People are nice, but in the end, if you hear anything back you are fortunate, expect a very long interview process (they don't get in any hurry), and don't try to follow-up and ask if the position was filled or why you were not chosen because they never respond to you which is why they were given a negative overall interview experience. In the end, this may be a good company with promise, but you are probably better served looking elsewhere for a job, especially if you need one more quickly.

Project Management Interview

Project Management

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Verian in March 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was short and to the point but didnt get a chance to express my thougts properly and also had issues with phone lines unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Explain your career till date   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable following methodology and also marketing propeitary methodologies while implementing software   Answer Question

Worked for Verian? Contribute to the Community!