Verified Credentials, Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Business Solutions Interview

Director of Business Solutions
Lakeville, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verified Credentials, Inc..

Interview Details – Typical three round interview. HR was intimidating but the interviews with other management was fine. The best interview was with the Senior VP of Operations. The guy was quite entertaining and enjoyable.

Interview Question – Since this was a supervisor position, there were lots of questions on how i would handle trouble employees.   Answer Question

Manager IT Interview

Manager IT
Lakeville, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verified Credentials, Inc. in March 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of behavioral questions - have lots of examples ready (situation, what you did, outcome).
Be wary of this company. I had 2 phone interviews: 1 hr with HR and 1 HR with hiring manager a few days later. Phone interviews went well and they asked me to come in for a face-to-face and even checked my references before the face to face.

I was an out of town candidate. I offered to drive in for the interview (4-5 hr drive). I had 3 hours of interviews scheduled with senior management and the IT team.
After 15 minutes of some question and answer with the hiring manager, he said it wasn't going to be a good fit and ended the interview. His determination was correct, it wasn't going to be a good fit. I had lots of experience managing and leading developers and projects, but he was looking for someone who could also be a hard core developer - this was not mentioned in 2 hours of phone interviews and was not in the posted job description.

This should have been obvious to him and HR from my resume, the 2 hours of phone interviews and the checking of my professional references.
But they missed it and it was never a concern of mine since it was never a indicated to be something that was required. I drove 5 hours there and 5 hours back - complete waste of time.

To top it off, they refused to cover my travel expenses.
Fortunately, I had 2 offers, two weeks later and found a good job.
Think twice about pursuing anything with Verified Credentials - I would stay away.
Office environment also had a bad vibe - LOTS of empty cubes.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out in particular. The quantity of behavioral style questions (scenario, action outcome) was very high (8 or 9 of these types of questions from each interviewer).   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verified Credentials, Inc. in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview seemed to go well but they emailed me when I wasn't chosen which was nice because often companies will just leave you in limbo.

Interview Question – How would you handle an under performing employee?   Answer Question

Worked for Verified Credentials, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!