Verifone Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.9

Quality Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verifone.

Interview

The initial phone interview with the recruiter was great. The second interview with the hiring manager was disappointing from the moment he greeted me. He seemed uninterested in my answers. I got the feeling he wasn't interested in a woman having the position because it was for the distribution center. Regardless it's their loss. I am over qualified for the position just thought Verifone was a great company and I was willing to give it a chance.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verifone (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Stay away from this place! These people are unethical and shady! They brought me in for an interview without any intention of hiring me. They used me as a free consultant to try to help them debug their embedded system, wasted my whole day that I took off from my current job, and ate up 6 hours of my time -- for nothing! Their entire staff was a bunch of amateurs who were unprofessional. Their program manager was proud of being "non-technical". When I got to the end of the interview, they said "We don't think this position will be interesting enough for you". Don't waste your time on these clowns! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you recommend for trying to debug and embedded system for which there is no connection? What tools do you think are the best for debugging with? What do you think are some of the best current technologies for encryption?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verifone (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a finance job at Verifone. It was a very Mickey Mouse operation from the start. They told me to set aside 45 minutes for a phone screening, which I did. The call lasted 10 minutes, I basically gave my 90 second elevator speech, then some administrative stuff such as when I was available to work, salary expectations, etc. I was then invited in to a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager, which went relatively ok. The interview was again more going through my specific experience, no real technical questions, pretty easy. Following that I had one more 30 minute interview with someone in a remote location as a sense-check.

Inevitably, I got an offer which was essentially at the same total pay, salary + bonus, as my previous job. That plus less vacation days, also they force you to take almost half your vacation days during designated "lock-out" periods during 4th of July weekend and Christmas-New Year's week. Basically no improvement. I tried to negotiate the salary, and was accused of not being interested in the job, instead of, say, offering a performance review after 6 months. All in all, HR was very amateurish and unprofessional and just another of many red flags. I turned down the offer and have no regrets whatsoever. As one friend said, it seemed like a "toxic" situation.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral - walkthrough background, strengths/weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verifone (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. Very condescending and rude. She asked me how I felt about automation but didn't elaborate what she was looking for. When I asked if they were looking for VB scripting because she kept harping on Windows platform, she told me that no one uses vb scripting anymore. Highly inaccurate. I wouldn't have accepted working under the direction of this clueless woman for any amount of money.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

I just had a phone screen interview. It went pretty well. We talked about 30 min. Hiring manager introduced her team and their need, and asked me a few questions. It wasn't very technical as it was just the phone interview. She said she would let me know the result by next week. So I'm looking forward to hear back from her and hoping to move on to the next step and eventually get the offer.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verifone (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Email and phone interview with a recruiter, two hour in-person interview with hiring manager and one other manager. Overall very pleasant and direct. All questions were straightforward and related to either specific skills necessary for the job or personal practices on social media. Although I felt the interview went really well, I received my rejection letter one day after the in-person interview. I reached out to the recruiter for feedback (or contact information of the hiring manager) and received a generic response.

Interview Questions

• In support of an upcoming major trade show, you are asked to create a Social Media plan around a 10-question consumer market research study commissioned by Verifone.
      List some high level tactics you might use to promote the results of the study.

Answer Question

H/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verifone (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had been interviewed for engineering position, heard that have a good, excellent background and expected to get offer on site interview, but had received a bad news at that night.

Interview Questions

• Most of questions are normal and not difficult to answer, related working experience and etc.   Answer Question
    • There was no difficult question to answer for me.   Answer Question

IT Audit Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verifone.

Interview

Applied from the company website and was contacted 5 days later by the recruiter. All conversation was made only via email, no phone conversation. The hiring manager had questions about my skills and experiences, but rather than setting up a phone interview, he sent a long questionnaire through the recruiter. I provided my answers promptly.

I never heard back from the recruiter anymore, but the job is still posted. I inquired the recruiter, who told me the position has been filled and the posting is wrong. He will remove the posting. This was back in September 2013 and sometimes in December 2013, it was no longer posted.

Today, July 2014, the position was re-posted again. It seems that the IT audit management team have an issue keeping their staff, so I am kind of glad I was not selected.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

I got an interview call from career fair. That was onsite interview for 2 hours. I met 2 managers from that group. that was simple interview. Didn't ask difficult questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Verifone.

Interview

Interview process is regressive. you must know everything you put down on your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tough