Verisign

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

NM RA Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verisign in March 2011.

Interview Details – The whole process is very tedious, you have to go through different interviewer.

Interview Question – Analytical skills   Answer Question

Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Verisign in June 2010.

Interview Details – asked sorting questions

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verisign in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone with the hiring manager (non-US based) and received very prompt positive feedback, but needed to wait two more weeks due to scheduling challenges of other interviewers. On-site, in-person interviews were then scheduled and ended up meeting with three different individuals (co-workers and VP of group). Received more positive feedback, but working with the internal recruiter took a few more weeks as we worked through salary and role expectation reviews. Received offer and accepted, entire process took five weeks from initial contact to office acceptance.

Interview Question – Please provide an example of a program you've had to manage from start to completion and highlight some of the hurdles you had to overcome. How did you overcome those hurdles?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible and realistic.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verisign in April 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and then had a phone screen with a recruiter. From there I was invited onsite for an interview with: 1) The hiring manager, 2) The team I would be directly working with, 3) Another colleague in the department. The interviews were about an hour with the hiring manager and team and about 30 minutes with the colleague. I found people to be very forthright about the opportunity and the environment. From there I received an offer within a few days of completing the interivew. The background check process took about a week and a half and it is VERY in depth.

Interview Question – How would use your background to help launch the new project we just discussed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a ihgher salary but not much. In general, their salaries are quite competitive and even on the high end for the industry.

Systems Developer Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verisign in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call with recruiter; phone screen with hiring manager; second round interviews with business stakeholders; final interview with Dept Head

Interview Question – experience; Ability to deal with difficult people;   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None ..all their jobs are tightly pegged to Comp ranges

Software Engineer
Sterling, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verisign in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen with hiring manager. Weird experience here. They simply asked 2 technical questions to determine if they want to bring you in. I was brought on site for 4 interviews.

Total lack of interest shown by interviewers on site. They had no interest in learning about you and simply asked their pre-determined questions. No brain teasers but most of which were impractical questions.

Recruiter or hiring manager mis represented the job responsibilities. I did not feel the position fit the description I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – Whats the purpose of the StringBuffer or Builder class?   View Answer

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verisign in April 2008.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on VeriSign's online career center and got a phone interview with HR and then an interview with the lead of the group that I intended join. Then they flied to CA for an onsite interview. There were four people interviewed me, all of whom were quite nice to me. I believe this is because 1. I answered all the tech questions right and the chemistry were right between them and I.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It is pretty fixed. VeriSign is quite tough on the salary.

Marketing Interview

Mountain View, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verisign in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview and initial interaction went well. However, the scheduling process was chaotic. They rescheduled 3 times on their end due busy schedules, pushing the interview out almost 3 weeks from initial contact. The day before the interview, I confirmed the interview was still set and that I was to meet 1:1 with two senior individuals. Showed up early, nice lobby and work environment. However, was kept waiting more than 15 mins over my interview time, which was frustrating. The Interviewer showed up with apologies, but seemed distracted and rushed during the interview, hadn't reviewed my materials in advance, asked questions from a script, and rushed out the door as to not keep the next interviewer waiting. Instead, I was kept waiting, and waiting. The 2nd person never showed up. Instead, the recruiter showed up with apologies and said that she'd follow up by the end of the week. That didn't happen, despite my repeated follow-up attempts. I was finally emailed more than a week later that "they were pursuing other candidates" without any constructive or honest feedback. Net: They aren't organized, considerate or professional in the process. Clearly, a "red flag" for any potential employee. If they can't treat you well and honestly in the interview process, you can expect more of the same as an employee. Employers think they can get away with this behavior, but the Valley is small and the economy will turn around. Look for companies who live their values and treat employees and prospective employees with professional respect.

Software Engineer
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Verisign in July 2007.

Interview Details – Was highly disappointed with this office. Hiring manager not prepared for interview & late. Staff seemed very unprofessional. Not very organized or interested in optimizing processes. Defects tracked on white board. Not impressed.

Interview Question – How do you feel about having a life outside of work?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verisign in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was just over the phone. The hiring manager asked a few "what would you do in this situation" type of questions, trying to understand how I think about things, problem solve. They were challenging questions but not too terribly hard to answer. The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – If we were going to launch a new product, how would you go about it... describe your thought process to me.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verisign