Verisign

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verisign in February 2012.

Recruiter sent a couple of questions via email, which needed to be answered before the initial phone screen. Phone screen took less than 10 minutes and consisted of the standard questions about why you are looking for a job, salary, etc.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verisign in August 2011.

I interviewed through a recruiter. Had a couple phone interviews than went in for an on site interview where I met with 3 members of their inside sales team. They all were very professional and to the point. After I passed this round I had to call up who would be my manager and run him through a mock discovery call. This is where I lost him I was fresh out of college and have never done a discovery call before and was rambling like a mad men. All in all a good experience which I learned a lot from.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part for me was giving the mock discovery call. They ask you to explain to the difference between DDoS attacks and other technical aspects but that is pretty straight forward. They do not expect you to be a technical whiz.   Answer Question

NM RA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verisign in March 2011.

The whole process is very tedious, you have to go through different interviewer.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Verisign in July 2010.

Initial interview was over the phone with the hiring manager (non-US based) and received very prompt positive feedback, but needed to wait two more weeks due to scheduling challenges of other interviewers. On-site, in-person interviews were then scheduled and ended up meeting with three different individuals (co-workers and VP of group). Received more positive feedback, but working with the internal recruiter took a few more weeks as we worked through salary and role expectation reviews. Received offer and accepted, entire process took five weeks from initial contact to office acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • Please provide an example of a program you've had to manage from start to completion and highlight some of the hurdles you had to overcome. How did you overcome those hurdles?   Answer Question
    Flexible and realistic.

Senior QA Tester/Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verisign in June 2010.

I had a phone interview, and 4 face to face interviews, I also had two written tests on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • I had to write a program in any language (bash/C++/ Java) on a piece of paper.   Answer Question
    I was on a contract to hire role, so the offer was pre-negotiated before the interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verisign in June 2010.

asked sorting questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verisign in May 2010.

Phone screen with hiring manager. Weird experience here. They simply asked 2 technical questions to determine if they want to bring you in. I was brought on site for 4 interviews.

Total lack of interest shown by interviewers on site. They had no interest in learning about you and simply asked their pre-determined questions. No brain teasers but most of which were impractical questions.

Recruiter or hiring manager mis represented the job responsibilities. I did not feel the position fit the description I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the purpose of the StringBuffer or Builder class?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verisign in October 2009.

Phone interview and initial interaction went well. However, the scheduling process was chaotic. They rescheduled 3 times on their end due busy schedules, pushing the interview out almost 3 weeks from initial contact. The day before the interview, I confirmed the interview was still set and that I was to meet 1:1 with two senior individuals. Showed up early, nice lobby and work environment. However, was kept waiting more than 15 mins over my interview time, which was frustrating. The Interviewer showed up with apologies, but seemed distracted and rushed during the interview, hadn't reviewed my materials in advance, asked questions from a script, and rushed out the door as to not keep the next interviewer waiting. Instead, I was kept waiting, and waiting. The 2nd person never showed up. Instead, the recruiter showed up with apologies and said that she'd follow up by the end of the week. That didn't happen, despite my repeated follow-up attempts. I was finally emailed more than a week later that "they were pursuing other candidates" without any constructive or honest feedback. Net: They aren't organized, considerate or professional in the process. Clearly, a "red flag" for any potential employee. If they can't treat you well and honestly in the interview process, you can expect more of the same as an employee. Employers think they can get away with this behavior, but the Valley is small and the economy will turn around. Look for companies who live their values and treat employees and prospective employees with professional respect.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verisign in October 2009.

Phone interview one time and on site interview two times with future coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • None that I recall as most of the questions are manageable.   View Answer

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verisign in March 2009.

Phone call with recruiter; phone screen with hiring manager; second round interviews with business stakeholders; final interview with Dept Head

None ..all their jobs are tightly pegged to Comp ranges