Verisign Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verisign (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

asked sorting questions

Interview Questions

• how to sort a list in a fast way?   1 Answer
    • whats hiberate and spring   1 Answer

Senior QA Tester/Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verisign (Dulles, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and 4 face to face interviews, I also had two written tests on the same day.

Interview Questions

• I had to write a program in any language (bash/C++/ Java) on a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was on a contract to hire role, so the offer was pre-negotiated before the interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verisign (Sterling, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager. Weird experience here. They simply asked 2 technical questions to determine if they want to bring you in. I was brought on site for 4 interviews. Total lack of interest shown by interviewers on site. They had no interest in learning about you and simply asked their pre-determined questions. No brain teasers but most of which were impractical questions. Recruiter or hiring manager mis represented the job responsibilities. I did not feel the position fit the description I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Whats the purpose of the StringBuffer or Builder class?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verisign (Mountain View, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone interview and initial interaction went well. However, the scheduling process was chaotic. They rescheduled 3 times on their end due busy schedules, pushing the interview out almost 3 weeks from initial contact. The day before the interview, I confirmed the interview was still set and that I was to meet 1:1 with two senior individuals. Showed up early, nice lobby and work environment. However, was kept waiting more than 15 mins over my interview time, which was frustrating. The Interviewer showed up with apologies, but seemed distracted and rushed during the interview, hadn't reviewed my materials in advance, asked questions from a script, and rushed out the door as to not keep the next interviewer waiting. Instead, I was kept waiting, and waiting. The 2nd person never showed up. Instead, the recruiter showed up with apologies and said that she'd follow up by the end of the week. That didn't happen, despite my repeated follow-up attempts. I was finally emailed more than a week later that "they were pursuing other candidates" without any constructive or honest feedback. Net: They aren't organized, considerate or professional in the process. Clearly, a "red flag" for any potential employee. If they can't treat you well and honestly in the interview process, you can expect more of the same as an employee. Employers think they can get away with this behavior, but the Valley is small and the economy will turn around. Look for companies who live their values and treat employees and prospective employees with professional respect.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verisign (Mountain View, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone interview one time and on site interview two times with future coworkers.

Interview Questions

• None that I recall as most of the questions are manageable.   1 Answer

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verisign (Mountain View, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter; phone screen with hiring manager; second round interviews with business stakeholders; final interview with Dept Head

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None ..all their jobs are tightly pegged to Comp ranges

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verisign (Sterling, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview was just over the phone. The hiring manager asked a few "what would you do in this situation" type of questions, trying to understand how I think about things, problem solve. They were challenging questions but not too terribly hard to answer. The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If we were going to launch a new product, how would you go about it... describe your thought process to me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verisign (Mountain View, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone screen with a recruiter. From there I was invited onsite for an interview with: 1) The hiring manager, 2) The team I would be directly working with, 3) Another colleague in the department. The interviews were about an hour with the hiring manager and team and about 30 minutes with the colleague. I found people to be very forthright about the opportunity and the environment. From there I received an offer within a few days of completing the interivew. The background check process took about a week and a half and it is VERY in depth.

Interview Questions

• How would use your background to help launch the new project we just discussed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a ihgher salary but not much. In general, their salaries are quite competitive and even on the high end for the industry.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verisign (Mountain View, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

I posted my resume on VeriSign's online career center and got a phone interview with HR and then an interview with the lead of the group that I intended join. Then they flied to CA for an onsite interview. There were four people interviewed me, all of whom were quite nice to me. I believe this is because 1. I answered all the tech questions right and the chemistry were right between them and I.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is pretty fixed. VeriSign is quite tough on the salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verisign in October 2007.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. There was one phone interview with dev manager asking not too in depth questions. Then the recruiter arranges a half day on site interview with four people, all one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse a linked list in any language you prefer.   1 Answer