Verisk Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.6

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verisk Analytics in January 2015.

The first process of the email is a written analysis of financial statements of what areas need additional due diligence, and then an excel text using pivot tables and answering questions with the data. After that the talking points of the interview begins with Human Resources.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview questions. For example, what are your strengths. The other questions are geared toward your experience as an accountant.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verisk Analytics.

30 mins phone interview. It was not that hard. First ask you some concept see if you are familiar with any of those. then ask a few questions, like what is the difference of function parameter pass by value and by reference.

Interview Questions
    • Ask me something about LINQ i dont really know about it.   Answer Question

IT Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verisk Analytics in September 2014.

Got the process started by a recruiter and scheduled an over the phone interview with the hiring manager in two days. Three 1:1 Interviews followed with the hiring manager and peers, during the same week. Everybody was welcoming and kept it interesting. Did not hear back from the hiring manager nor the recruiter until I called in to inquire about progress, which was a bit on the un-professional side for such a position.

Atmosphere is serious but relaxed, people I met were courteous and interested in seeing candidates being introduced. Offices had older furnishing, nevertheless were as practical as one would expect with Cubicles and large open spaces.

Apparently the company is undergoing a management reshuffle and introducing new blood at that level.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to keep your group successful   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

applied online, got phone call then asked to come in, met with 2 people in person then offer. process took a few weeks, got call and then offer, great salary no need to negotiate

none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verisk Analytics in July 2014.

I had quick 5 minute interview with select people from the office. They asked questions about my previous work experiences and how I would be useful to the company.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verisk Analytics in April 2014.

Having a on-site interview, an old-fashioned process. Two writing samples and a two-page interview questionnaire with the HR.
    The on-site interview is all about general HR-level questions since it is the first round.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is normal and as others told online. It is a basic HR interview with fundamental questions about personality, skills, and background.   Answer Question

Java Developer Consultant Interview

Asked questions regarding, struts2 struts1 difference, what is ajax call, post get difference, easy loading eager loading, hibernate etc. last question is programming test, find duplicate char in a string.

Interview Questions
    • hibernate question. as I am not familiar with hibernate   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I met with the hiring manager to discuss the position over lunch - 30 minutes later I was offered a job

Interview Questions
    • Given what you know about yourself and the project what are 2 things that would make you stand up and leave right now?   Answer Question

Junior .NET Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verisk Analytics in May 2013.

The HR called me and set up a technical interview.The technical interview was very easy Basic OOPS concepts and Data Structures questions were asked. Difference between null and empty string.Easy questions for about 20 minutes.The interviewer confirmed if I will be open for relocation since job was at Jersey City.I said yes.
    The HR called like 10 minutes after my technical interview and decided to go with the next step in the process which was face to face. Since I was an out of state candidate, she scheduled a online video meeting. She again asked me if I was open for relocation and I said yes.
    She gave me a link where you had to log in for the video interview.Just when I logged in at my given time my net went off for a second.I immediately called the HR and apologized. My net came back after only a minute but I was not able to log in again. The log in was open only at that exact time of interview and not even 1 minute after that!! The interviewers cancelled my meeting and the HR told me that this was very inconvenient and that she would get back to me. 2 days passed and no word from them about rescheduling or my candidacy.I sent the HR an email requesting details about rescheduling my interview.No reply. 2 more days passed. I sent in another email to the HR requesting about my candidacy status.She replies the next day saying that they are looking for local candidates only!!
    Why even go through all these if they were never going to hire me?Very unprofessional. I actually liked what the company did!! too bad.. their loss!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verisk Analytics in May 2013.

I submitted a resume and cover letter and stood out because I had submitted the cover letter. I was then given a call within a day to set up and interview which was very flexible on planning and came in. I met with the head of HR as well as a couple of the associates and was given the offer that night.