Verisk Analytics

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Verisk Analytics in April 2014.

Interview Details – Having a on-site interview, an old-fashioned process. Two writing samples and a two-page interview questionnaire with the HR.
The on-site interview is all about general HR-level questions since it is the first round.

Interview Question – Everything is normal and as others told online. It is a basic HR interview with fundamental questions about personality, skills, and background.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview Details – applied online, got phone call then asked to come in, met with 2 people in person then offer. process took a few weeks, got call and then offer, great salary no need to negotiate

Interview Question – describe an epic failure, what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Actuary Interview

Actuary
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verisk Analytics in August 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process went rather quickly. I was contacted by the HR department when they saw my resume on Monster.com. I was brought in for an interview. The initial interview was a pretty straightforward meeting with an HR rep. They also asked me to take a short, standardized test (similar to SAT), testing my verbal and math skills. A few days later, I was asked to return for a second interview- this time, I was interviewed by actuaries. They asked pretty straightforward questions. One of the questions they asked me was, "If you were going to rate a commercial automobile, what facets of the risk would be important to consider?" I didn't answer it very well, but it didn't seem to matter because i got the job!

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was the one I mentioned above: "If you were going to rate a commercial automobile, what facets of the risk do you think would be the most important to consider?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was fresh out of college and happy to get the job!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Java Developer Consultant Interview

Java Developer Consultant

Interviewed at Verisk Analytics

Interview Details – Asked questions regarding, struts2 struts1 difference, what is ajax call, post get difference, easy loading eager loading, hibernate etc. last question is programming test, find duplicate char in a string.

Interview Question – hibernate question. as I am not familiar with hibernate   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Verisk Analytics

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager to discuss the position over lunch - 30 minutes later I was offered a job

Interview Question – Given what you know about yourself and the project what are 2 things that would make you stand up and leave right now?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verisk Analytics in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume and cover letter and stood out because I had submitted the cover letter. I was then given a call within a day to set up and interview which was very flexible on planning and came in. I met with the head of HR as well as a couple of the associates and was given the offer that night.

Interview Question – How do you manage your work and your life in college?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Junior .NET Developer Interview

Junior .NET Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verisk Analytics in May 2013.

Interview Details – The HR called me and set up a technical interview.The technical interview was very easy Basic OOPS concepts and Data Structures questions were asked. Difference between null and empty string.Easy questions for about 20 minutes.The interviewer confirmed if I will be open for relocation since job was at Jersey City.I said yes.
The HR called like 10 minutes after my technical interview and decided to go with the next step in the process which was face to face. Since I was an out of state candidate, she scheduled a online video meeting. She again asked me if I was open for relocation and I said yes.
She gave me a link where you had to log in for the video interview.Just when I logged in at my given time my net went off for a second.I immediately called the HR and apologized. My net came back after only a minute but I was not able to log in again. The log in was open only at that exact time of interview and not even 1 minute after that!! The interviewers cancelled my meeting and the HR told me that this was very inconvenient and that she would get back to me. 2 days passed and no word from them about rescheduling or my candidacy.I sent the HR an email requesting details about rescheduling my interview.No reply. 2 more days passed. I sent in another email to the HR requesting about my candidacy status.She replies the next day saying that they are looking for local candidates only!!
Why even go through all these if they were never going to hire me?Very unprofessional. I actually liked what the company did!! too bad.. their loss!

Interview Question – Difference between null and empty string.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview Details – Went through two phone screenings (one HR and one technical) followed by two on-site interviews. The first interview was largely about abstract problem solving, little code had to be written out. The second interview seemed to regard whether or not I would "fit" into the company and provided plenty of insight into the position for which I was applying. The entire application process seemed a bit rushed although everyone was kind and willing to help.

Interview Question – How would you set up a parking garage?   View Answer

Data Collection Analyst Interview

Data Collection Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verisk Analytics in June 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview is conducted by HR and not the department manager you will work with. The phone interview is only to screen out unwanted applicants. If invited for in-person interview, expect to meet HR first and then the division manager - this person(s) is the real decision maker. If there will be a test at the interview, they tell you ahead of time when making the appointment. Tests are not hard or tricky.

Interview Question – Sometimes job description is written so you don't believe you may be a suitable applicant. Company's line of work is very unique so they are willing to hire people with great work morale and train them for the job. Keep an open mind and be optimistic. Don't sweat over any questions that sound tough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verisk Analytics in May 2011.

Interview Details – My first contact was a phone interview with a manager. He asked about my background and knowledge of the company/industry. This was a new industry for me and he was very receptive to that. They followed up with an invitation for an on-site interview, where I met with 5 people. The interviews ranged from talking about yourself to cases that I worked through with the interviewer.

Interview Question – He asked a case question that involved reviewing health risk assessment data and determining how to segment the different employees based on their responses.   Answer Question

Worked for Verisk Analytics? Contribute to the Community!