Veritas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Entry Level Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Veritas in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, the next day I received a phone call from someone in HR. They reviewed my resume and thought I may be a good fit for the company. I came in 3 days later, had a one on one interview that was very quick, simple basic questions. At the end of interview, I was advanced to level 2 which is a shadow interview with a staff member. A few days later, invited for the last interview which resulted in a offer.

Interview Question – If you can have any super power, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sales Job. Building Relationships, Keeping Relationships. Making Commission. Room for growth in the company.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Veritas.

Interview Details – The interview process was a pain, I had to have three, and It was 45 mins from my house.

Interview Question – They asked me what kind of food I would be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – THey just told me they liked me and wanted to hire me, I accepted only because I needed a job, I had one other job interview that I wanted and it fell through.

Salesperson I Think Interview

Salesperson I Think
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Veritas in April 2014.

Interview Details – This was the slimiest interview I have ever been on -- ever. Ever. I needed to take a shower when I was done.

I received an email with a missing upper case in the address telling me about my 15 minute(!) interview. I wouldn't have even gone if weren't just 8 minutes from my office, since it was so smelly to begin with (it started with some vague call from some girl working the phones talking about a management opportunity). I could barely tell what this company did after 20 minutes on their website.

The office had no name on the door or at the front of the complex, and when I asked for the bathroom while waiting (see below) I was given the public one accessible to everybody in the complex. I almost walked out then.

I returned to fill out a 1 page job application that had clearly been copied a few hundred times that had a phone/data company's logo at the bottom. Apparently what this company does -- I was told I'd find out everything if I were chosen for the next interview, evidently with Yoda -- is knock on doors for the phone/data company and try to get people to upgrade what they have or switch from another provider. My guess is the phone/data company is hiring this mercenary firm to keep some distance from this activity.

My rapid fire "interview" that began 20 minutes late without so much as the courtesy of a notification or apology took place in a barren, tiny little office next to one just like it with a 7 year old Dell laptop sitting there for show.

I was told I would get a call between 6:00 and 6:30 if I were selected to go to the next round, a mere 2 hours after my slime-down.

Interview Question – I was actually asked one of those stupid interview questions about if I had one superhero power, what would it be? (Right then it was superhuman restraint not to laugh in this guy's face.)   View Answer

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Entry Level Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Veritas in January 2013.

Interview Details – 15 minute interview. When I went in for my "interview" there were 3 other people in the lobby. I knew something was fishy. Wish I had researched Veritas ripoff report before I decided to waste a half day vacation on this joke of a job.

Interview Question – There really weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Event Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was excellent. It was not intimidating at all. The manager at the time was pleasant and willing to answer every question that I had. Truly a great experience.

Interview Question – As, always the most difficult questions to responds to are the questions that are used to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very fair as to what my needs and wants were for this position

Entry Level Sales Interview

Entry Level Sales
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in October 2013.

Interview Details – This process is easy. Dress business professional and be friendly and outgoing. I had the administrator interview me and she was very nice. Basically the first interview is less than 15 minutes. If you impressed them enough you get asked for a second which is a job shadow. The job shadow is you riding around with an employee just watching what they do. Don't talk to their customers/clients but make conversation with the employee. If they give you a thumbs up then you're in.

Interview Question – The only difficult question was how and why face to face marketing is better for the company.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – You have to have your own car. This job requires you to drive all day every day. Pay is straight commission. I have a child and a commission based job isn't what I need rigt now.

Entry Level Management Interview

Entry Level Management
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in August 2013.

Interview Details – There will be 3 interviews. First is to see if your a good fit for the company. Second, is to take you on a ride-along to see what they do. Third, is to see if your interested in working for them. They will tell you anything to get you in for an interview. Meaning once you get there you will find out alot of things that may or may not work for you, that could of been prevented if you knew before coming in or at the first interview. Example, You are not actually training to be a manager you will be working as a Marketing rep for an unlimited amount of time. Also you use your personal vehicle and gas to drive to different locations to work. You don't find any of this out until the second interview. I was told this job had nothing to do with sales and it is all about sales. I was told it is a call center it is not you will work in the field. Every employee thinks they are training to be a manager. How many managers can there be if everyone is so called training to be one. Salary was stated to be $35,000-$40,000.

Interview Question – Questions aren't really detailed. They really are looking to see how bad you want employment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was lied to. Refuse to work for a company that will lie to get me to work for them.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in May 2012.

Interview Details – it was a short interview.

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not the field I was looking for

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview consisted of speaking to the HR manager about the position and a little about yourself. It was fairly generic, and they didn't speak too much about their company other than how they did business with AT&T as a client. This made me assume that we were working directly for AT&T and doing business with them. Perhaps I was mislead or perhaps I just heard them wrong and asked the wrong questions. She immediately wanted me in for a second interview, which I accepted.

The second interview consisted of a "field interview" where you ride around with one of the account execs to one of their territories and pretty much knock door to door in an apartment complex / neighborhood offering people AT&T U-Verse service. This was how they did business with AT&T. During the field interview, they look at your attitude and character, how personable you are, how well spoken you are, and also for you to see what they do and how they do it. Unfortunately, I was not interested in a "door to door" (direct marketing is what they called it) career. They created the incentive of "growth potential and management in a few short months" because "they didn't want to see anyone doing the door-to-door thing forever". At the end of the field interview came a third interview asking me what I thought, if I thought I COULD do it, and a few follow up questions on why they should choose me, they offered me a position, which I respectfully declined.

The people there were incredibly fun and lively. Each one had a lot of energy and seemed like great individuals. The work environment itself was very welcoming and young.

Interview Question – Explain how you were able to meet or exceed a goal in the past?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to go selling door-to-door.

Sales Interview

Sales
Buckhead, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in January 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call for interview the next day, a couple days after I sent my resume in. First initial interview lasted around 15 minutes. A simple get to know you personality type of interview. The office seemed to consist of younger type business people, the secretary was listening to Prodigy and Rage Against the Machine on the office speakers. A lot of energy in the company. I was asked to come in the next day for 8 hour interview showing me the full day operation experience. I showed up the next day, there were around 8 other people in the office for, I believe, the same full-day interview. Went out with salesperson and someone on their first day to learn the function of the job. My role was to simply observe what they did. Was asked about my background, hobbies, interests, and future in the car ride to our first "sales meeting" and throughout the day. I was disappointed to find out it was door-to-door sales for AT&T. Throughout the day I felt they used a lot of manipulation and persuasion to get people to talk to them and do business. It was not a scam by any means, but also not a highly respectful type of sales job. They had strategies to keep people at the door talking and techniques to close a sale. I was told I could be a manager making $90,000+ within a year and the fastest anyone has been promoted was 7 days, which I felt was misleading. It became more apparent this may not be a serious opportunity when we went to McDonald's for lunch. Decided to decline the offer when the pay was still confusing to me after a full day of asking about it multiple times and mainly commission on a door-to-door sales job wasnt what I was interested in. Seems like a good place for young, go-getter salesperson types.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was never explained to me clearly despite having asked about it multiple times. Part commission, part salary? However, I felt it was mostly commission. The techniques they used to sell people seemed to not be worth the pay you would get out of it. We visited around 40 houses during the day, we spoke to around 6 people, and did not make one sale. Most people were absolutely not interested and many were annoyed by being bothered.

Worked for Veritas? Contribute to the Community!