Veritas Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.2

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Veritas in July 2014.

I applied online, the next day I received a phone call from someone in HR. They reviewed my resume and thought I may be a good fit for the company. I came in 3 days later, had a one on one interview that was very quick, simple basic questions. At the end of interview, I was advanced to level 2 which is a shadow interview with a staff member. A few days later, invited for the last interview which resulted in a offer.

Interview Questions
    Sales Job. Building Relationships, Keeping Relationships. Making Commission. Room for growth in the company.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Veritas.

The interview process was a pain, I had to have three, and It was 45 mins from my house.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what kind of food I would be?   View Answer
    THey just told me they liked me and wanted to hire me, I accepted only because I needed a job, I had one other job interview that I wanted and it fell through.

Salesperson I Think Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Veritas in April 2014.

This was the slimiest interview I have ever been on -- ever. Ever. I needed to take a shower when I was done.

I received an email with a missing upper case in the address telling me about my 15 minute(!) interview. I wouldn't have even gone if weren't just 8 minutes from my office, since it was so smelly to begin with (it started with some vague call from some girl working the phones talking about a management opportunity). I could barely tell what this company did after 20 minutes on their website.

The office had no name on the door or at the front of the complex, and when I asked for the bathroom while waiting (see below) I was given the public one accessible to everybody in the complex. I almost walked out then.

I returned to fill out a 1 page job application that had clearly been copied a few hundred times that had a phone/data company's logo at the bottom. Apparently what this company does -- I was told I'd find out everything if I were chosen for the next interview, evidently with Yoda -- is knock on doors for the phone/data company and try to get people to upgrade what they have or switch from another provider. My guess is the phone/data company is hiring this mercenary firm to keep some distance from this activity.

My rapid fire "interview" that began 20 minutes late without so much as the courtesy of a notification or apology took place in a barren, tiny little office next to one just like it with a 7 year old Dell laptop sitting there for show.

I was told I would get a call between 6:00 and 6:30 if I were selected to go to the next round, a mere 2 hours after my slime-down.

Interview Questions
    • I was actually asked one of those stupid interview questions about if I had one superhero power, what would it be? (Right then it was superhuman restraint not to laugh in this guy's face.)   View Answer

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Veritas in January 2013.

15 minute interview. When I went in for my "interview" there were 3 other people in the lobby. I knew something was fishy. Wish I had researched Veritas ripoff report before I decided to waste a half day vacation on this joke of a job.

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in February 2009.

The interview process was excellent. It was not intimidating at all. The manager at the time was pleasant and willing to answer every question that I had. Truly a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • As, always the most difficult questions to responds to are the questions that are used to describe yourself.   Answer Question
    They were very fair as to what my needs and wants were for this position

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in October 2013.

This process is easy. Dress business professional and be friendly and outgoing. I had the administrator interview me and she was very nice. Basically the first interview is less than 15 minutes. If you impressed them enough you get asked for a second which is a job shadow. The job shadow is you riding around with an employee just watching what they do. Don't talk to their customers/clients but make conversation with the employee. If they give you a thumbs up then you're in.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult question was how and why face to face marketing is better for the company.   View Answer

You have to have your own car. This job requires you to drive all day every day. Pay is straight commission. I have a child and a commission based job isn't what I need rigt now.

Entry Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in August 2013.

There will be 3 interviews. First is to see if your a good fit for the company. Second, is to take you on a ride-along to see what they do. Third, is to see if your interested in working for them. They will tell you anything to get you in for an interview. Meaning once you get there you will find out alot of things that may or may not work for you, that could of been prevented if you knew before coming in or at the first interview. Example, You are not actually training to be a manager you will be working as a Marketing rep for an unlimited amount of time. Also you use your personal vehicle and gas to drive to different locations to work. You don't find any of this out until the second interview. I was told this job had nothing to do with sales and it is all about sales. I was told it is a call center it is not you will work in the field. Every employee thinks they are training to be a manager. How many managers can there be if everyone is so called training to be one. Salary was stated to be $35,000-$40,000.

Interview Questions
    • Questions aren't really detailed. They really are looking to see how bad you want employment.   Answer Question

I was lied to. Refuse to work for a company that will lie to get me to work for them.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Veritas in March 2012.

It wasn't until the interview process begun that I found out this company was contracted to sell DirectTV products and services to businesses and individual customers. After completing the first interview, they planned to have me follow a salesperson around for a day to get a feel for what working there would be like. I did not return for a follow-up interview.

Interview Questions

I was not interested in a business-to-business sales position where I would be working potentially off commission instead of a competive salary.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Veritas in September 2012.

After submitting my resume I received an email stating that they thought I would be good for the position and asked when I might be able to come in for an interview. A couple of weeks later I went in for a first interview. The first interview was brief but she did ask quite a few thought provoking questions. After about 5-7 minutes she said she'd like to invite me back for a second interview, an all-day shadowing interview, the next day. She told me by the end of the day they would know whether or not they think you'd be a good fit and then you'd meet with the owner of the company to discuss pay, benefits, etc. Also after reading some bad reviews about this company I called her before going in for the second interview to ask her if it was basically cold-calling(but in person) and she assured me that it wasn't, and that while some time is spent in the field, your time will be spent about 1/2 in the field and 1/2 in the office. Then during the second, all-day interview I quickly discovered that the first interviewer had lied about more than one thing. The position is commission-based for at least the first 6-8 months, you are working entirely in the field, and while you are given leads…these leads are only people who don't currently have service from Comcast or they are in a location where Comcast has only recently been made available (not businesses that have actually requested information about comcast service…which is what the first interviewer had told me). The woman I shadowed for my second interview was extremely nice and honest, however, when she explained the way that the company is structured over lunch I quickly learned that the first interviewer had lied to me. The job does allow you to advance quickly, it just depends on the type of work you want to be doing (I imagine some, like myself, aren't interested in going basically door to door trying to get someone to sign a contract with Comcast or convincing them to switch their service from AT&T or whoever), but for people who do like that type of work would probably thrive here. I just think its a shame that they don't tell you the truth from the get-go. Oh, and they find their new employees by screening an absurd amount of people in order to find a few gems…so don't get excited if they call or email you after you submit your resume!

Interview Questions

I was accepted for the second round interview, but during the shadow day, I found that the first interviewer had lied to me about quite a few things so I immediately lost all interest in working for this company and ended my all-day second interview early.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veritas in May 2012.

it was a short interview.

Interview Questions

not the field I was looking for

Worked for Veritas? Contribute to the Community!