Verizon Account Manager Interview Questions

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in July 2014.

Initial interview went well. Applied for Account Mgr position and was called next day. 1st interview so far went well. General questions mainly about my past work history and a general question about my knowledge of Verizon. Do your homework inadvance getting to know enough about Verizon. Now awaiting for a response from the hiring manager to continue thru the hiring process. I'm keeping hope alive because it did go well!

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2011.

I applied on LinkedI for an Account Manager position. I spent much time thinking about it, but decided to do it. Shockingly, I received a call from the Hiring Manager directly for the position for a telephone interview. After that, we scheduled a face to face interview the following week and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about telecom since I was new to the industry.   View Answer
    They offered me a base salary plus commission with full benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon in January 2013.

recruiter will call with basic questions

Interview Questions
    • None. they have a high turn rate so it is simple to get hired   Answer Question
    recruiter calls and makes an offer.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

I have interviewed with VZ several times throughout my career. All were internal, but they use the same process. They use the situational experience interview method. It is 6 questions and they will usually start like: "tell me about a time when...." "how have you used your experience to deal with ...." "How would you manage a situation that...."

Really what they are looking for is someone that can analyze the situation and apply their life experiences to develop a clear answer. They are big on experiences here.

Interview Questions
    • How would you recognize critical milestones for this project?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, as I was at the top of the salary scale coming into the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in November 2008.

Standard Hiring and Interview process

Very competitive initial salary - management was flexible to meet my salary expectations and willing to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Terrible they take you out to sell verizon products to existing customers. Nobody wants to buy anything. The lady I was paired up with spent 8 hours with me walking from store to store and didn't sell 1 upgrade or anything. She made $0 in commission; therefore working for free.

Its all commission based, no salary!

Interview Questions

The job is just not something for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in January 2009.

Multiple face to face meetings.

Did not pay enough.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon.

I was previously employ for Worldcom who is merged with MCI, and then acquired by Verizon. so i don't really have interview experience with Verizon directly. But interview with WorldCom is very straight forward, just 1 time, and then pass thru.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in January 2010.

I was called for a phone interview with 2 managers. It lasted approximately 30-45 minutes.
    They asked Sales-related questions such as:
    1) Have you ever had a quota-bearing position?
    2) How successful were you in previous sales positions?
     There were also situational questions, such as:
    1) What was the most difficult customer situation you have had and how did you handle it?
    2) if you had a problem with a co-worker, how would you address it?

I was then called back to schedule an in-person interview about a week later. I came in and interviewed with 2 more mangers for about 30 minutes (similar questions as phone interview) then, if they felt you were qualified to proceed, you took a 45 minute skill test on a computer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a quota-bearing position? How successful have you been if so?   View Answer

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!