Verizon

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview went well. Applied for Account Mgr position and was called next day. 1st interview so far went well. General questions mainly about my past work history and a general question about my knowledge of Verizon. Do your homework inadvance getting to know enough about Verizon. Now awaiting for a response from the hiring manager to continue thru the hiring process. I'm keeping hope alive because it did go well!

Interview Question – My past work history.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on LinkedI for an Account Manager position. I spent much time thinking about it, but decided to do it. Shockingly, I received a call from the Hiring Manager directly for the position for a telephone interview. After that, we scheduled a face to face interview the following week and I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Questions about telecom since I was new to the industry.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a base salary plus commission with full benefits.

Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon in January 2013.

Interview Details – recruiter will call with basic questions

Interview Question – None. they have a high turn rate so it is simple to get hired   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – recruiter calls and makes an offer.

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – I have interviewed with VZ several times throughout my career. All were internal, but they use the same process. They use the situational experience interview method. It is 6 questions and they will usually start like: "tell me about a time when...." "how have you used your experience to deal with ...." "How would you manage a situation that...."

Really what they are looking for is someone that can analyze the situation and apply their life experiences to develop a clear answer. They are big on experiences here.

Interview Question – How would you recognize critical milestones for this project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, as I was at the top of the salary scale coming into the position.

Exton, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in November 2008.

Interview Details – Standard Hiring and Interview process

Negotiation Details – Very competitive initial salary - management was flexible to meet my salary expectations and willing to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Interview Details – Terrible they take you out to sell verizon products to existing customers. Nobody wants to buy anything. The lady I was paired up with spent 8 hours with me walking from store to store and didn't sell 1 upgrade or anything. She made $0 in commission; therefore working for free.

Its all commission based, no salary!

Interview Question – Why do you think you will do well in this position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job is just not something for me.

Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in January 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple face to face meetings.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Did not pay enough.

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – I was previously employ for Worldcom who is merged with MCI, and then acquired by Verizon. so i don't really have interview experience with Verizon directly. But interview with WorldCom is very straight forward, just 1 time, and then pass thru.

Interview Question – i can't recall there is any.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview with 2 managers. It lasted approximately 30-45 minutes.
They asked Sales-related questions such as:
1) Have you ever had a quota-bearing position?
2) How successful were you in previous sales positions?
 There were also situational questions, such as:
1) What was the most difficult customer situation you have had and how did you handle it?
2) if you had a problem with a co-worker, how would you address it?

I was then called back to schedule an in-person interview about a week later. I came in and interviewed with 2 more mangers for about 30 minutes (similar questions as phone interview) then, if they felt you were qualified to proceed, you took a 45 minute skill test on a computer.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a quota-bearing position? How successful have you been if so?   View Answer

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!