Verizon

3.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Received a phone call about a month after applying from a recruiter in Nebraska and gave her all my info. After going back and fourth on the phone for a few days, I was passed off to a recruiter in Texas where I had to provide all my info. over again plus how I could fit into the role. We finally scheduled the on-site interview. When I arrived for the interview it started out mostly conversational about what role they are trying to fill and how my experience and background could fit. It lasted about 30 minutes and then I was handed a general IT security test to complete within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Analyze this raw payload data and tell us what the attacker tried to do and when.   Answer Question
    The recruiter asked where I wanted to be salary wise. I told her and she came back a couple days later with an offer very close to what I wanted plus bonus, which I wasn't expecting. I didn't need to negotiate any further.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Had a phone interview (about a month ago). Had appied for the position approximately three months ago. Process seems to move very slow and the recruiter said I'd hear back directly from Verizon in about 4-6 weeks; I'm going on my 5th week and still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview is more than an hour long! Questions aren't very difficult, but you need to be direct and to the point (do not waste time). You should know every item on your Resume well and you need to be able to provide examples of most items listed on the job posting. So make sure you fit the description and have performed similar work.   Answer Question

Associate Director - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in October 2013.

The hiring process was extremely long. I was told I was on a fast track since I was already consulting at Verizon, however, it still took 2.5 months for me to get on board. I went through 2 interviews with my ultimate direct executive, in addition to one from my second line VP. Then a recruiter is assigned to interview for specifics (salary and benefits) and also to lead you through the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • As a long time consultant, I was not asked anything very difficult since we had an established relationship.   Answer Question
    Very simple. I stated what I required, and they got creative in making an offer that matched that requirement.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in September 2013.

Internal movement is VP mandated, employees are not consulted.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I have not been interviewed for any position.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon in April 2013.

Had a very laid-back interview at the Ashburn campus for the VDMS project.

nonexistent

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

interviewed at Verizon in March 2013.

Hiring took a long time, the interview was by phone and in person. The timeline seemed to be extened several times. The phone intrrview was the basic prescreening, and the in person covered the details of the position as well as my background and how I would fit in the group.

Interview Questions
    • What is your plan for this position in 30, 60 and 90 days.   Answer Question

Identity Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon in June 2012.

There is a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Many detailed questions were asked. They were trying to ensure that I was a good fit for the company. And this allowed me to determine if the company was a good fit for me. Overall, I think it's a good vetting process. But it is definitely not for the meek.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle theoretical situation X.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

I received a phone interview after submitting my resume and unofficial transcript on my university recruiting website. I then received an offer by email, which required me to fill out information for a background investigation and do a drug test within 48 hours. After everything went though, I was informed I had an official offer.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

I had one interview with two people who would be my bosses. It was a very pleasant interview. They were both friendly and respectful. They asked questions about my background, etc. Explained the job and schedule. The only downside was how long it took to get a response after the interview. It took four months. No joke! But I finally got the word that I had gotten the job! I happily accepted. The pay is great. The benefits are great. The schedules are great. The people are great. Couldn't be happier.

Interview Questions
    • Probably questions about techincal computer expertise.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the pay was what I was looking for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Easy. Four interviews (three on phone and one in person). Phone interviews covered general questions., No curve ball question. The only thing that irked me was that they do not have any on-boarding process.. took me 3 days to get ID. Manager had to come every morning to get me through security gate.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember exact question... it was on Agile methodology.   Answer Question
    no negotiation really.. my company mentioned the rate and I just accepted it (hey! I needed a job)