Verizon Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.4

Finance Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The questions asked in the Interview are random and vary by Manager.
    Verizon Wireless appears to use the Star Method for interviewing but the Corporate and Wireline side of the company appears to let the Manager determine what questions are most important to them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Straight forward and relatively standard. Information and expectations were provided ahead of time and the timeline was pretty clear and standard. The process was simple and easy to follow along.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Spoke to some recruiters at university career fair, gave them my resume. About a month later, I got an email with a link to an application for an internship position. About two weeks after that, got another email to set up a phone interview with someone from a staffing agency contracted with Verizon. Over the next few days was sent a travel itinerary for a visit to the office in Atlanta. Me and maybe 7 other students were flown to the airport and shuttled to the office for the live interviews. Some presentations about the company, then a 2 on 1 technical interview, and a 1 on 1 HR interview. My technical interview was fairly simple and mostly questions about how I worked on group projects with others, some concept definitions (I was asked to describe polymorphism), and at the end because there was still time I was asked to do a variable swap and fizzbuzz on paper. HR interview was questions about my work history, things I did and didn't like and such.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you were in a group project with somebody who was outspoken or failed to contribute, and how you dealt with it."   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Had phone interview with 3rd party talent search firm. The woman had no personality and was very condescending. I came away from the interview not wanting anything to do with Verizon. If this is how they treat a person as a candidate, working there must suck the life out of you. I was amazed at the personal questions the woman said were required by Verizon and felt thoroughly violated after getting off the call.

Interview Questions

• What was the structure of the 401k plan at my last employer and how much did I participate?   1 Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

1st phone interview went well. Next interview scheduled for this friday - exactly 30 days after initial interview. It went extremely well and I feel that I will be given an offer at my next interview.

Interview Questions

• What are my plans for the future   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial interview went well. Applied for Account Mgr position and was called next day. 1st interview so far went well. General questions mainly about my past work history and a general question about my knowledge of Verizon. Do your homework inadvance getting to know enough about Verizon. Now awaiting for a response from the hiring manager to continue thru the hiring process. I'm keeping hope alive because it did go well!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

The process to getting the initial interview did take a little over a month or so before my first phone interview, after that was about an hour of testing which is basic common sense and typing, upon passing there was another phone interview and upon passing that was a 1 on 1 and after that the offer which is when you do the background and drug screen. Worth it at the end of the day, Great benefits and competitive salary!

Interview Questions

• Not moreso difficult but they do want specific answers to each question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation avail

Customer Service Representative, Alpharetta, GA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied early May. I got a call back from a HR Recruiter who gave me a date for a phone interview later on that week. On that day the phone interview was rescheduled by the HR Recruiter for the following week. I then had the phone interview and I was invited to physically come up to the Verizon Call Center and take the computer assessment test. I just took the test and got a call back from another HR Recruiter stating I did well and I was invited for another phone interview the following day. I spoke to a woman named Claudia and she asked me 3 behavioral questions about my precious job experience. I answered her questions with star format. I was under the impression that I had one more interview which should have been a face to face but instead she said that I should be contacted via email the status of my application. Does it mean I did not get the job? I thought I nailed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Claudia asked me how I deal with impolite customers and to give her an example of how I used those techniques.   Answer Question

Voice Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews which went very well. The interviewers were the head of the team. They asked about my VoIP and network experience along with my linux and BASH exprrience in detail. This turned out to be a false job. They stated they were cut on budget and could no longer hire but would keep in touch but they had been and still are hiring.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relevent and below expectation,   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position was removed due to budget as soon as I accepted yet they are still advertising.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Put application in on a Thursday was emailed back the following Friday to schedule for a phone prescreen. Phone prescreen consisted of general STAR behavioral questions and explanation of the job requirements. After the completion of the phone prescreen scheduled a time to come in to take an assessment.

Interview Questions

Dont care to work in the call center environment.