Verizon

2.3

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Had phone interview with 3rd party talent search firm. The woman had no personality and was very condescending. I came away from the interview not wanting anything to do with Verizon. If this is how they treat a person as a candidate, working there must suck the life out of you. I was amazed at the personal questions the woman said were required by Verizon and felt thoroughly violated after getting off the call.

Interview Questions
    • What was the structure of the 401k plan at my last employer and how much did I participate?   View Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

1st phone interview went well. Next interview scheduled for this friday - exactly 30 days after initial interview. It went extremely well and I feel that I will be given an offer at my next interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon in July 2014.

Initial interview went well. Applied for Account Mgr position and was called next day. 1st interview so far went well. General questions mainly about my past work history and a general question about my knowledge of Verizon. Do your homework inadvance getting to know enough about Verizon. Now awaiting for a response from the hiring manager to continue thru the hiring process. I'm keeping hope alive because it did go well!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

The process to getting the initial interview did take a little over a month or so before my first phone interview, after that was about an hour of testing which is basic common sense and typing, upon passing there was another phone interview and upon passing that was a 1 on 1 and after that the offer which is when you do the background and drug screen. Worth it at the end of the day, Great benefits and competitive salary!

Interview Questions
    • Not moreso difficult but they do want specific answers to each question.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation avail

Customer Service Representative, Alpharetta, GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

I applied early May. I got a call back from a HR Recruiter who gave me a date for a phone interview later on that week. On that day the phone interview was rescheduled by the HR Recruiter for the following week. I then had the phone interview and I was invited to physically come up to the Verizon Call Center and take the computer assessment test. I just took the test and got a call back from another HR Recruiter stating I did well and I was invited for another phone interview the following day. I spoke to a woman named Claudia and she asked me 3 behavioral questions about my precious job experience. I answered her questions with star format. I was under the impression that I had one more interview which should have been a face to face but instead she said that I should be contacted via email the status of my application. Does it mean I did not get the job? I thought I nailed the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Claudia asked me how I deal with impolite customers and to give her an example of how I used those techniques.   Answer Question

Voice Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

I had two phone interviews which went very well. The interviewers were the head of the team. They asked about my VoIP and network experience along with my linux and BASH exprrience in detail. This turned out to be a false job. They stated they were cut on budget and could no longer hire but would keep in touch but they had been and still are hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all relevent and below expectation,   View Answer
    The position was removed due to budget as soon as I accepted yet they are still advertising.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

Put application in on a Thursday was emailed back the following Friday to schedule for a phone prescreen. Phone prescreen consisted of general STAR behavioral questions and explanation of the job requirements. After the completion of the phone prescreen scheduled a time to come in to take an assessment.

Interview Questions

Dont care to work in the call center environment.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview with the manager. Then an informal get-to-know the team, where you and team ask each other questions. Paperwork and negotiations handled thru the staffing agency [Agency has to be on a preferred vendor list].

Interview Questions
    Not much wiggle room for negotiation. More like take it or leave it. By comparable for the industry.

Telephone Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon in July 2011.

I wen on one interview. It was very standard, because they have to keep all the interview questions the same for every canidate. They read them directly from a piece of paper. If your not a dirt bag they hire you.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions were "How would you....how did you...give me a time when..." questions.   Answer Question
    They called. Made an offer...which came from HR. No negotiations.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in October 2010.

Human resources reviewed my credentials on Linkedin and call me for a phone interview. Then I completed a panel interview with 4 people. I was then considered a viable candidate and asked to complete an IQ/Intelligence test. Test and previous interviews produced favorable results which prompted me to be granted an interview with VP of Sales.