Verizon Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

easy interview questions by the Talent aquisition team. Many background questions regarding your technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• reporting tools used, analysis tools used, Number of years on experience, why you want to work for Verizon. Relocation and travel opportunities. Why I am looking for a full time position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. I had a phone interview to screen out potential candidates. I then had to take an online personality test, followed by the first round of on site interviews. I had a second round of on site interview about 3 weeks after the first set.

Interview Questions

• If you walked into a room filled with pencils, how would you count how many were present?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

Very long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It didn't happen, they told me the salary, take it or leave it

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in March 2007.

Interview

I was approached by the HR Rep because of a friend's recommendation. I was given a sketchy job description at the time to go on for the interview. I was told that I would have a telephone interview with the manager because she worked on the east coast and I worked in the central time zone. I was expecting to have to interview twice, but instead, I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager and her Director. At one point the female Director asked for my age because she wanted to be sure that since I had indicated that I am single that I wasn't a young, single mother. After a very grueling phone interview (primarily from the Director) I was asked if I was still interested in the position. Against my better judgement, I said yes. I was told I would be contacted wtihin two weeks. Six weeks later when I had given up on the position I received a phone call from the Manager saying they wanted to offer me the job. I was rather surprised by the call and even more surprised when she told me that the job had changed and it would now be a manager of testing and that I would have to work out of my home. I told her I would have to think about it and she insisted that I respond in 24 hours. My instincts told me to run the other way and I did.

Interview Questions

• How old are you?   4 Answers
    • Describe a difficult co-worker that you have worked with in the past and how you dealt with him or her.   Answer Question

I had several reasons for turning the job down, 1) the vibes I got in the interview for the Director (along with the nunya question), 2) the fact that it took them so long to make a "quick decision," 3) they were offering me a job that was totally different from the one I interviewed for.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in May 2012.

Interview

I applied directly through Verizon's career website sometime in April. A week later, HR contacts me for a quick 15 minute phone interview asking very standard questions. HR then informs me that they will be forwarding my resume + answers to the questions to the hiring manager. After a few weeks, the hiring manager contacted me and we had a lengthy phone conversation. I was immediately invited for an in-person interview which included another employee. After the in-person interview, I was notified a week later that I would be receiving an offer from Verizon. Overall, a lengthy interview process but the opportunity to work with the manager who hired me was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask specific questions. The interview was more conversational than an interrogation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.They offered base-salary, benefits, and possibility of bonus.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon in August 2010.

Interview

One phone interview. They discussed the company and asked me my job functions. Asked me salary requirements.