Verizon

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – easy interview questions by the Talent aquisition team. Many background questions regarding your technical knowledge.

Interview Question – reporting tools used, analysis tools used, Number of years on experience, why you want to work for Verizon. Relocation and travel opportunities. Why I am looking for a full time position   Answer Question

Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process. I had a phone interview to screen out potential candidates. I then had to take an online personality test, followed by the first round of on site interviews. I had a second round of on site interview about 3 weeks after the first set.

Interview Question – If you walked into a room filled with pencils, how would you count how many were present?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It didn't happen, they told me the salary, take it or leave it

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in March 2007.

Interview Details – I was approached by the HR Rep because of a friend's recommendation. I was given a sketchy job description at the time to go on for the interview. I was told that I would have a telephone interview with the manager because she worked on the east coast and I worked in the central time zone. I was expecting to have to interview twice, but instead, I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager and her Director. At one point the female Director asked for my age because she wanted to be sure that since I had indicated that I am single that I wasn't a young, single mother.

After a very grueling phone interview (primarily from the Director) I was asked if I was still interested in the position. Against my better judgement, I said yes. I was told I would be contacted wtihin two weeks. Six weeks later when I had given up on the position I received a phone call from the Manager saying they wanted to offer me the job. I was rather surprised by the call and even more surprised when she told me that the job had changed and it would now be a manager of testing and that I would have to work out of my home. I told her I would have to think about it and she insisted that I respond in 24 hours. My instincts told me to run the other way and I did.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I had several reasons for turning the job down, 1) the vibes I got in the interview for the Director (along with the nunya question), 2) the fact that it took them so long to make a "quick decision," 3) they were offering me a job that was totally different from the one I interviewed for.

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied directly through Verizon's career website sometime in April. A week later, HR contacts me for a quick 15 minute phone interview asking very standard questions. HR then informs me that they will be forwarding my resume + answers to the questions to the hiring manager.

After a few weeks, the hiring manager contacted me and we had a lengthy phone conversation. I was immediately invited for an in-person interview which included another employee. After the in-person interview, I was notified a week later that I would be receiving an offer from Verizon.

Overall, a lengthy interview process but the opportunity to work with the manager who hired me was worth the wait.

Interview Question – Did not ask specific questions. The interview was more conversational than an interrogation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.They offered base-salary, benefits, and possibility of bonus.

Business Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in August 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview. They discussed the company and asked me my job functions. Asked me salary requirements.

Interview Question – Salary requirement   View Answer

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!