Verizon

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phila, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had to past a couple of battery test. Went to another location to take a customer service test. I met with the hiring manager for an interview. Offered the job over the phone.. The process may have taken 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Discuss a difficult situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered an amount and I accepted, I did not attempt to negotiate

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – 5 interviews, Be strong on Technical front, Be authentic, Know the company inside out, and ask questions that really matter, Know the financials, strategy briefs, and everyday news about company and competitors.
A close friend of mine recommended my name to the hiring manager and arranged a couple of interviews. I told the interviewer I don't think I'm fit for the job as it required skills I didn't have. I guess they like the authenticity & arranged for me to be hired of a part of a team that complemented my skills!

Interview Question – How will you handle a difficult colleague on the first week?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Series of tests, mock job exercise, then phone interview

Negotiation Details – They have a pre-set salary range and will tell you where you fit within the range based on education and experience.

Basking Ridge, NJ

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

Interview Details – vzw is very slow in getting back to you... HR is just horrenous for response rate but it's a good company.applied online... phone interview then on site interview with potential supervisor. he didn't follow any procedure... just basic questions liek what experience have you had, are you a self starter?

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Verizon in January 2008.

Interview Details – It can be difficult to get hired into this company. There is a test required and you must pass for the job family in which you are applying. This test stays on your employment record for your entire career, if you try to get a promotion, you will not be considered unless you retake and pass that job family. It is a long process to get in. Stressful work environment.

Interview Question – For management positions,the interview process depends on the interviewer. For union personnel, their is no face to face interview, thus the reason for the extensive battery of tests required to get the position and the lengthy probation period. 30-40% of people tested, fail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – able to negotiate salary, don't just accept first offer if you feel like your worth more but you better have the skills to back up your claims.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!