Verizon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consumer Sales Consultant Interview

Consumer Sales Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

Interview Details – Received an email, within 2 days of applying online through Careerbuilder.com, to schedule a Talent Skills Assessment and RepEvaluator test. Testing was done through a third-party testing center. Not much was said, but I'm positive that you're being evaluated the second you step through the door. You are directed to show up at least 15 minutes early for testing appointment, proctor reads Verizon-issued directives about testing, you have to pose for a photo ID (not sure what THAT was about?).

Testing took a little over an hour, may go slower for someone who is not comfortable with computer testing. Consisted of math, reading comprehension, ability to read charts and graphs, and personality. Personality test was similar to test taken on website during application process, but not identical if I remember correctly. RepEvaluator test was a series of customer service situations, with a company simulation. Common sense if you've ever worked customer service or sales. Results of tests come through immediately, as far as I know, because I had to schedule my Group Interview on that computer, as soon as the test was finished. Not sure what happens if you fail any part, but one person left early on in the process.

Group interview was 1 week later, held at a Verizon facility. Met with two Verizon employees, both in Sales.

I'm thinking I failed miserably, because the process was less than 15 minutes long. My first time applying for a Customer Service/Sales position with a major corporation. Don't know til you try, right? Asked questions about customer service situations, and made me roleplay a telephone consulation with sales. Had to pause between each question to wait for them to write down all my responses by hand.....kind of archaic for a company that claims to be on the cutting edge of technology, but you know :)

Went into this with customer service and retail experience, but no sales experience. Wish they'd give people without direct telephone sales experience a shot. With training, it's entirely possible to develop the requisite skills to kick ass at the job.

Had to wait 48 hours for results of group interview. First email contained a blank attachment, took another 2 days to get the proper attachment.

Kind of glad I didn't get any further. With some thought, I know that I do NOT want to be chained to the cubicle with someone breathing down my neck 8 hours+ per day.

Good luck to those who get through the group interview. It's decent pay for entry level with decent benefits.

Interview Question – Basic questions about customer service. Honestly can't remember exact details.   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!