Verizon

3.1

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Someone from human resources contacted me in response to an application. They emailed me about an open house. I couldn't make the open house so they scheduled me for a phone interview on September 2nd. I passed the phone interview so I went in for an assessment on September 4th. The exam was a bit challenging but I passed and was scheduled for a final interview with a supervisor on September 9th. The supervisor was really nice. We discussed my resume and background information. Then she asked me questions about past work situations and we did role play. She typed all of my responses. I recommend you do research on the products and services that the company offers. Overall the interview went well and they said they'll call me within seven days

Interview Questions
  • name a time you had a big responsibility to do at work in a short amount of time   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was 2 phone interviews the first one were trying to get to know about me and why I wanted to work for the company. The second interview I was given situational scenerios and asked to give examples on how I resolved the issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

First they requested a phone interview, then requested an on site interview. I went to attend the on site interview and was told it was changed to a phone interview without prior notification. I completed another phone interview on-site which seemed particularly odd. The 2nd interviewer was confused as well and was caught off guard when I mentioned the situation. Nothing came of this application.

However, I applied again. They again requested a phone interview, then requested an on site interview which I had received a confirmation email for containing time, location, and name of the assigned interviewer. I had made arrangements at my job of the time to leave work in time to make it to my interview. The morning of my interview while I was at work my cell phone kept ringing non-stop. Whoever was calling would not bother to leave a voice-mail. I finally was able to get excused to answer my phone, thinking it must be some type of family emergency situation based on the persistent calling. However, it was another interviewer from Verizon stating they were calling to complete my phone interview. I advised them that was already done & I was scheduled for an on site interview that afternoon. They advised that my on site interview was changed to a phone interview and they were calling to complete it. I advised them that was not an appropriate time, that I could complete the interview at the originally scheduled time. They agreed. I completed the 2nd phone interview again, where they gave me an offer right then for shifts outside of my availability as noted on my application. I declined due to availability, wage being less than I was already making, & the persistent unprofessional-ism of the recruiting process. "If this is how HR works just for on-boarding, how bad are they when you're employed?", were my thoughts. I would like to work for this company, but the HR recruiting at this particular location is quite rough.

Interview Questions

Availability, wage, professional efficiency of the HR recruiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

battery exam; math, alpha and numeric matching, similar to Military entrance exam, then 1on1 interview; drug testing; medical exam, background checks, then Final Offer. Once you pass the initial exams, it's just basic corporate procedures, just as in any big company.

Interview Questions
    • None...just listen carefully to questions and think before you answer   Answer Question
    Use your experiences and show how it can benefit the company so you can negotiate a higher starting pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

The interviewer called about 2 min late (as expected) she started off introducing herself and going over the position what it includes and what the facility is like then she began the interview process. She asked your same old interview questions and at the end told me I got through the phone interview and wanted to set up the in person. I am going to in person interview next week. I got through the first part with flying colors my advice is to talk to the interviewer like a person (not a friend) not a robot and you will do fine. I still have a test and the in person interview so I'm praying it goes just as well .

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Got position through a temp-to-hire agency once I graduated from college. All I had to do, mainly, was show up and do the job. Show that I had the ability to do the work, which was to resolve customer's cellular issues and so in a polite and professional manner. Also demonstrated my abilities to work with various computer programs.

No negotiation. Just showed them I could do the job after working there as a temp-to-hire for 2-3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Applied on line, received a mail to schedule a call interview. Received notice at the end of the call I would come in for an aptitude test and she scheduled a face to face interview for after the test in case I should pass. Received a call that day and asked if we could schedule a call for the following day to speak about my interviews and offered an job offer letter contingent on my background check, resume dates and drug screen, along with proof I do not have a non compete.

Interview Questions
    • During the last intervew I was asked to critique past calls, however they were a little difficult to hear.   Answer Question
    Set Salary - no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

The process to getting the initial interview did take a little over a month or so before my first phone interview, after that was about an hour of testing which is basic common sense and typing, upon passing there was another phone interview and upon passing that was a 1 on 1 and after that the offer which is when you do the background and drug screen. Worth it at the end of the day, Great benefits and competitive salary!

Interview Questions
    • Not moreso difficult but they do want specific answers to each question.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation avail

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Written test one day, next phase is a phone interview , third is a mock sales roll play

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

standard behavioral interview, thorough responses to questions presented

standard offer- good starting pay and benefits. great potential to add to earning and promote.