Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

3.1

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I applied for a position on a Wednesday. Two days later I received a call from a recruiter. We didn't actually speak until the following Monday. After my phone interview, I was scheduled for a face to face interview the next Monday. The face to face interview took about 45 minutes. I was asked why I decided to apply to Verizon and some personal questions as well as critical thinking questions. Once the interview was over I was told I qualified for the assessment. It was scheduled for the next day. The assessment took about an hour or so. It is a seven part assessment, anyone with basic common sense should be able to pass. Once I finished, I was told I passed and scheduled the final interview the same day. The final interview was with the Director and a Supervisor. I was asked some critical thinking questions that needed to be answered on the STAR format. After that I was asked to sell a random electronic device. After the interview was over, I was brought back to the front desk where I waited about ten minutes. I was then told I was being offered the position! The overall process was great. Everyone I met with were very nice and laidback.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Long and arduous. You do a phone interview and then go to headquarters and take a test and then if you pass you have an in person interview and they call you later to offer you a job but the fun doesn't stop there ! So you go take the standard urine test and then get ready for a third person "background screening" company to get involved. You pass the criminal background and then you're asked for current pay stubs and w2 form from all your last employers along with a copy of your high school diploma (no matter how many years ago it may have been) they basically treat you as if you are a liar even if you supply references and past employers contact information. Not to mention the invasion of privacy by making you send person information to a third party screening company. All this for a position that pays less than the middle class median salary (far less) I'd recommend not even wasting your time. I can only imagine how they treat customers if they treat their employees this way. Pretty crazy.

Interview Questions

Extreme background check invasion of privacy turned me off

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in January 2015.

Applied online and about a week later received an email Congratulating me on making it to schedule a phone interview. It also included some company information. 1 day later I had my phone interview around 5 pm. The interviewer was kind and it lasted about 45 minutes. He asked questions about describing the role, my goals, why verizon, a time I had to choose between difficult priorities. At the end I asked good questions that had him relate to me. He then scheduled me to com in the next day to take the assessment. Don't worry too much about the "fish question" just pay attention and you'll be fine. They said the test could take up to three hours it was 7 sections and included typing speed, logic, multitasking, data entry. I was the first to finish and they said they would call to tell us if we passed. Got the call I passed one hour later and someone would call me to schedule the face to face later. I got that call and scheduled for a day later. I waited for about 10 min in lobby and then my interviewer and I went into a room. She told me there were some levels of progression but when you start out you don't get a great shift 2pm-11pm and in a call center they work most holidays and weekends. Understandable. Interview include a few short basic questions like my precious jobs, difficult customer, and priorities, what I felt was the most difficult thing about the position? Then we had timed role-play where I had to convince her purchasing Verizon products. Ended on a good note with great rapport. I applied for another Verizon position and was about to do my phone interview when he said he couldn't because I already got the other position. Someone should call me with an offer.

Interview Questions

Shift/Salary..Was offered a more promising position with a pay difference of $8k

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Straight forward and relatively standard. Information and expectations were provided ahead of time and the timeline was pretty clear and standard. The process was simple and easy to follow along.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Someone from human resources contacted me in response to an application. They emailed me about an open house. I couldn't make the open house so they scheduled me for a phone interview on September 2nd. I passed the phone interview so I went in for an assessment on September 4th. The exam was a bit challenging but I passed and was scheduled for a final interview with a supervisor on September 9th. The supervisor was really nice. We discussed my resume and background information. Then she asked me questions about past work situations and we did role play. She typed all of my responses. I recommend you do research on the products and services that the company offers. Overall the interview went well and they said they'll call me within seven days

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had a big responsibility to do at work in a short amount of time   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was 2 phone interviews the first one were trying to get to know about me and why I wanted to work for the company. The second interview I was given situational scenerios and asked to give examples on how I resolved the issues.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

First they requested a phone interview, then requested an on site interview. I went to attend the on site interview and was told it was changed to a phone interview without prior notification. I completed another phone interview on-site which seemed particularly odd. The 2nd interviewer was confused as well and was caught off guard when I mentioned the situation. Nothing came of this application.

However, I applied again. They again requested a phone interview, then requested an on site interview which I had received a confirmation email for containing time, location, and name of the assigned interviewer. I had made arrangements at my job of the time to leave work in time to make it to my interview. The morning of my interview while I was at work my cell phone kept ringing non-stop. Whoever was calling would not bother to leave a voice-mail. I finally was able to get excused to answer my phone, thinking it must be some type of family emergency situation based on the persistent calling. However, it was another interviewer from Verizon stating they were calling to complete my phone interview. I advised them that was already done & I was scheduled for an on site interview that afternoon. They advised that my on site interview was changed to a phone interview and they were calling to complete it. I advised them that was not an appropriate time, that I could complete the interview at the originally scheduled time. They agreed. I completed the 2nd phone interview again, where they gave me an offer right then for shifts outside of my availability as noted on my application. I declined due to availability, wage being less than I was already making, & the persistent unprofessional-ism of the recruiting process. "If this is how HR works just for on-boarding, how bad are they when you're employed?", were my thoughts. I would like to work for this company, but the HR recruiting at this particular location is quite rough.

Interview Questions

Availability, wage, professional efficiency of the HR recruiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

battery exam; math, alpha and numeric matching, similar to Military entrance exam, then 1on1 interview; drug testing; medical exam, background checks, then Final Offer. Once you pass the initial exams, it's just basic corporate procedures, just as in any big company.

Interview Questions
    • None...just listen carefully to questions and think before you answer   Answer Question
    Use your experiences and show how it can benefit the company so you can negotiate a higher starting pay

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

The interviewer called about 2 min late (as expected) she started off introducing herself and going over the position what it includes and what the facility is like then she began the interview process. She asked your same old interview questions and at the end told me I got through the phone interview and wanted to set up the in person. I am going to in person interview next week. I got through the first part with flying colors my advice is to talk to the interviewer like a person (not a friend) not a robot and you will do fine. I still have a test and the in person interview so I'm praying it goes just as well .

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Got position through a temp-to-hire agency once I graduated from college. All I had to do, mainly, was show up and do the job. Show that I had the ability to do the work, which was to resolve customer's cellular issues and so in a polite and professional manner. Also demonstrated my abilities to work with various computer programs.

No negotiation. Just showed them I could do the job after working there as a temp-to-hire for 2-3 months.