Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was such BS I was sent an email from my college that they had an opening so I decided to check it out when I got to what I thought was an interview they explained that it was an externship so I applied I received a phone interview within a week then it took another two weeks for me to have a face to face interview with the manager I thought the interview went pretty well they told me I would hear back from them and if not reach out so two weeks went by I didn't hear anything so it reached out to the recruit she told me that I would hear back from them soon another week went by and I emailed her again to inquire it was then that she told me I would not be recieving an offer .Such a Bs job you have to have tons of experience for a job that trains you anyway ?? I don't understand I had 5years plus retail experience anyway over all I had a bad experience with these guys and feel like they pretty much wasted my time .I also forgot that the position i applied for was not the position they interviewed for . I think they have people selected already and just do this big ad that there hiring to make it look good on paper that here hiring but really there not

Interview Questions

• Questions like tell me about a time What do you like to do to relax ? Why did you leave your last job ? Why Verizon ? Why should we choose you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Little Rock, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Service Representative position through the Verizon website. I received an email 2 days later from a recruiter with a link to a 7 part assessment, which I was informed I had 72 hours to complete. The assessment took me about 2 hours, it was pretty easy but very time consuming. It consisted of behavioral questions, critical thinking exercises, & a call center simulation at the end. Once I completed it, I received an email the next day from the same recruiter requesting I take a phone interview. I set it up & chose a time slot, then he called me the same day. The phone interview was okay- definitely not the most personable interview I've ever done. It pretty much consisted of him spouting off information about the hours, salary, and job requirements. He then asked me about 15 mins worth of behavioral questions, all of which I answered in STAR format. He didn't give me any sort of indication if my answers were satisfactory, and didn't make any sort of small talk or present himself in any sort of friendly manner. It was very cut and dry. Once the phone interview was over, he told me I could be getting an email/call from a person at my local call center to set up an in-person interview that same week. I was called, set up the interview, and was told it HAD to be in the next 2 days. So I set it up, then proceeded to do the in-person interview 2 days later. A call center supervisor interviewed me- she walked me through the call center and showed me the work place environment. We then went into a little conference room where she asked me some basic questions about my work history, then some more behavioral questions (most of this interview process consisted of STAR type questions), then she explained to me that if hired I would need to meet certain metrics standards, & that there's a possibility I wouldn't advance in over a year's time if I didn't get a 10 for every customer service survey completed about me. She then told me to sell her my smart phone, which I attempted. After that we were done- the interview took all of about 20 mins. I was told I'd receive an email/call within 3-5 business days if I was selected for employment. I received an email 2 days later telling me I hadn't been selected.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which you were given a goal and not able to meet it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time in a job when you were tasked in implementing a new system/policy at work and what was the outcome or result?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Phone interview first very easy normal questions. After completing the phone interview they offer you a computer test. After the test you will have a face to face interview with one of the floor managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

Written exam and HR interview. The interview was a two-part process that was done over a 2 to 3 week period. The lengthiest piece of the process was the background check. The do check all references and skill sets.The written exam was more to the job skill set than IQ.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (North Charleston, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview about 20 mins some behavior questions and going over resume. Second interview was about two days later and it was a 45 mins phone interview several questions going over resume and more behavioral questions and last face to face interview was about one hour doing role playing interviewer was the customer and we are the agent. Fairly easy. Everyone was very nice and they even offered me more pay due to experience in the customer service role. I was pleased.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was a drastic change at work and how did u handle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate they offered me more.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted for a phone interview about two months later. The phone interview was with an HR recruiter and about 30 minutes. A week later, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the store manager at the actual store location. The interview was about 45 minutes. I was informed that it could take several weeks to hear back. I did not get a reply for two months. The interviews themselves were fine, but the length of the process was very long, especially considering this is an entry-level position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I applied for a position on a Wednesday. Two days later I received a call from a recruiter. We didn't actually speak until the following Monday. After my phone interview, I was scheduled for a face to face interview the next Monday. The face to face interview took about 45 minutes. I was asked why I decided to apply to Verizon and some personal questions as well as critical thinking questions. Once the interview was over I was told I qualified for the assessment. It was scheduled for the next day. The assessment took about an hour or so. It is a seven part assessment, anyone with basic common sense should be able to pass. Once I finished, I was told I passed and scheduled the final interview the same day. The final interview was with the Director and a Supervisor. I was asked some critical thinking questions that needed to be answered on the STAR format. After that I was asked to sell a random electronic device. After the interview was over, I was brought back to the front desk where I waited about ten minutes. I was then told I was being offered the position! The overall process was great. Everyone I met with were very nice and laidback.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Submit paperwork online 2. Phone interview where they basically ask you some very basic questions and break down the company. Just be excited about the possibility of working for them and demonstrate basic skills with technology. 3. There is a test taken on a computer giving you basic situations and seeing how you handle them as well as how you handle multi tasking 4. There is a final interview where you need to show more smart phone knowledge and include how it factors into your life

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Long and arduous. You do a phone interview and then go to headquarters and take a test and then if you pass you have an in person interview and they call you later to offer you a job but the fun doesn't stop there ! So you go take the standard urine test and then get ready for a third person "background screening" company to get involved. You pass the criminal background and then you're asked for current pay stubs and w2 form from all your last employers along with a copy of your high school diploma (no matter how many years ago it may have been) they basically treat you as if you are a liar even if you supply references and past employers contact information. Not to mention the invasion of privacy by making you send person information to a third party screening company. All this for a position that pays less than the middle class median salary (far less) I'd recommend not even wasting your time. I can only imagine how they treat customers if they treat their employees this way. Pretty crazy.

Interview Questions

Extreme background check invasion of privacy turned me off

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later received an email Congratulating me on making it to schedule a phone interview. It also included some company information. 1 day later I had my phone interview around 5 pm. The interviewer was kind and it lasted about 45 minutes. He asked questions about describing the role, my goals, why verizon, a time I had to choose between difficult priorities. At the end I asked good questions that had him relate to me. He then scheduled me to com in the next day to take the assessment. Don't worry too much about the "fish question" just pay attention and you'll be fine. They said the test could take up to three hours it was 7 sections and included typing speed, logic, multitasking, data entry. I was the first to finish and they said they would call to tell us if we passed. Got the call I passed one hour later and someone would call me to schedule the face to face later. I got that call and scheduled for a day later. I waited for about 10 min in lobby and then my interviewer and I went into a room. She told me there were some levels of progression but when you start out you don't get a great shift 2pm-11pm and in a call center they work most holidays and weekends. Understandable. Interview include a few short basic questions like my precious jobs, difficult customer, and priorities, what I felt was the most difficult thing about the position? Then we had timed role-play where I had to convince her purchasing Verizon products. Ended on a good note with great rapport. I applied for another Verizon position and was about to do my phone interview when he said he couldn't because I already got the other position. Someone should call me with an offer.

Interview Questions

Shift/Salary..Was offered a more promising position with a pay difference of $8k