Verizon

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – standard behavioral interview, thorough responses to questions presented

Negotiation Details – standard offer- good starting pay and benefits. great potential to add to earning and promote.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Saturday and Monday I got a call from an HR recruiter for Verizion. I was scheduled for a phone interview on Thursday. The phone interview was easy, we talked about my resume and my customer service experience. I passed the phone interview and was asked to come in later that day for testing. While I waited in the lobby for testing, an employee and two other supervisors walked out and went into the "interview room", the supervisor looked pissed. A few minutes later a man came out with a box with the employees name written and all of her personal belongings were in it. A few more minutes passed when one of the supervisors came out looking for tissue because the employee was crying. The testing had 7 sessions and it took me about an hour and 40 minutes. There was one part that was challenging for me, it was based on lots of information that had no order and scenario's in which you had to figure out the answer from the jumble information, Oh and your timed on each session The testing included true and false behavioral questions, like "I prefer to stay in my chair all day and work than to be moving around", "I prefer to work in a loud work environment". After the testing I was asked to wait in the lobby for someone to check my results to see if I was going to be moved on to round 3 of the interview process. A HR recruiter came out and she said that I passed the test. From that point she scheduled me an interview on a Wednesday at 12pm with a supervisor and another HR recruiter and then scheduled me a 330pm interview with a manager in the call center. I walked into the interview room and the HR recruiter explained to me that as I talk they would type in my answers. They want to know a situation, what you did and a final outcome. I felt like I was in trouble, almost like I was being questions by police. For a quick second I wanted to walk out. This interview was again based on customer experience. At the end of the interrogation, they said that I would find out by email on the next step. I mentioned that I had an interview later at 330pm, they looked confused and thought it was strange that I was scheduled for an interview and they said not to come back. I pretty much knew I didn't get the position because I don't have a lot of customer service experience. I know the first HR recruiter scheduled me back to back because they had to clear me for my back ground check and get me into the training class that is quickly approaching. This would not have been the place for me. I applaud all you call center workers, I could not do this job and be happy.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you were helping a customer that had a problem or a complaint and based on the information you were given, there was another underlying issue?   View Answer

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely fair as you took an exam and those who passed were hired - it had nothing to do with anything other than the exam.

Interview Question – The test was similar to an IQ test in a way, it was not very technical or too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Westfield, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interviews. Use star method. Situation, Task, Action, Result. They will give you sometime during the interview to think about how your former jobs fit into this interview style. Lots of competition for jobs though. Try to negotiate for salary.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when things did not go well at your present job or any other job. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I hired in when company hired lots of people. Less chance to negotiate

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2009.

Interview Details – Simple, First apply online, Then you get a call for testing. Is around 20 people in one room for testing. The test is on behavior and match problems. After the test they tell you if you pass or fail. If you pass they will test you on conversation over the phone and how quickly you can get answers from a book they provide. Then they will reschedule you for a final interview. btw always say you are willing to relocate.

Interview Question – Are you wiling to relocate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base on your customer service experience you can start on a higher hourly rate.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

Interview Details – Computer test, written test and personal interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon in May 2009.

Interview Details – You must pass a series of tests before speaking to a human. Ifnyouboass the written tests, you must pass a role play test. You are then seated in a room with three hiring managers and asked a lot of "what if " questions,

Interview Question – One question was based on federal regulations for proprietary regulations, which I wasn't familiar with as I had never worked within a communications company before.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied received an email with in the same day to set up a phone interview. I proceeded with the phone interview two days later and was told they would contact the store manager to set up a face-to-face interview with the Manager and Assistant Manager. I have my meeting coming up and the phone interview she discuessed my wages and the benefits. Is this a good sign? I read other reviews stating you normally do tests prior to a face-to-face but nothing has been mentioned to this sort. She stated that I would be sent out for a 4 week training once accepted.

Interview Question – The suspense. The questions are all situational. ex... explain a time where you and a co worker didn't agree on a way something was done what did you do to resolve the issue" and those sorts of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't accept yet, just wanted to post for other people in the process.

Very Difficult Interview

Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a difficult and tedious process. 1st step- long and involved web application(may be browser issues) 2nd step-Half an hour phone interview. Third Step- A basic skills test given at a testing center. 4th step a mock customer service interview done by computer. 5th Step- In person interview with managers.

Interview Question – Did I have moving violations on my license? They perform a thorough background check and a drug test   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered me a great package and I took it!!!

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very straight forward and to-the-point during the Q&A process. Even for a position that demands minimal higher educational skills the focus was weighed heavily on previous work experience.

Interview Question – Hypothetical situation presented. Asked to solve a problem concerning a customer and company policy.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees and interview candidates.