Verizon

Updated Jan 9, 2015

3.1

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Written test one day, next phase is a phone interview , third is a mock sales roll play

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

standard behavioral interview, thorough responses to questions presented

standard offer- good starting pay and benefits. great potential to add to earning and promote.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

I applied on a Saturday and Monday I got a call from an HR recruiter for Verizion. I was scheduled for a phone interview on Thursday. The phone interview was easy, we talked about my resume and my customer service experience. I passed the phone interview and was asked to come in later that day for testing. While I waited in the lobby for testing, an employee and two other supervisors walked out and went into the "interview room", the supervisor looked pissed. A few minutes later a man came out with a box with the employees name written and all of her personal belongings were in it. A few more minutes passed when one of the supervisors came out looking for tissue because the employee was crying. The testing had 7 sessions and it took me about an hour and 40 minutes. There was one part that was challenging for me, it was based on lots of information that had no order and scenario's in which you had to figure out the answer from the jumble information, Oh and your timed on each session The testing included true and false behavioral questions, like "I prefer to stay in my chair all day and work than to be moving around", "I prefer to work in a loud work environment". After the testing I was asked to wait in the lobby for someone to check my results to see if I was going to be moved on to round 3 of the interview process. A HR recruiter came out and she said that I passed the test. From that point she scheduled me an interview on a Wednesday at 12pm with a supervisor and another HR recruiter and then scheduled me a 330pm interview with a manager in the call center. I walked into the interview room and the HR recruiter explained to me that as I talk they would type in my answers. They want to know a situation, what you did and a final outcome. I felt like I was in trouble, almost like I was being questions by police. For a quick second I wanted to walk out. This interview was again based on customer experience. At the end of the interrogation, they said that I would find out by email on the next step. I mentioned that I had an interview later at 330pm, they looked confused and thought it was strange that I was scheduled for an interview and they said not to come back. I pretty much knew I didn't get the position because I don't have a lot of customer service experience. I know the first HR recruiter scheduled me back to back because they had to clear me for my back ground check and get me into the training class that is quickly approaching. This would not have been the place for me. I applaud all you call center workers, I could not do this job and be happy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were helping a customer that had a problem or a complaint and based on the information you were given, there was another underlying issue?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Behavioral based interviews. Use star method. Situation, Task, Action, Result. They will give you sometime during the interview to think about how your former jobs fit into this interview style. Lots of competition for jobs though. Try to negotiate for salary.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when things did not go well at your present job or any other job. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    I hired in when company hired lots of people. Less chance to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

The hiring process was extremely fair as you took an exam and those who passed were hired - it had nothing to do with anything other than the exam.

Interview Questions
    • The test was similar to an IQ test in a way, it was not very technical or too difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in April 2013.

Applied received an email with in the same day to set up a phone interview. I proceeded with the phone interview two days later and was told they would contact the store manager to set up a face-to-face interview with the Manager and Assistant Manager. I have my meeting coming up and the phone interview she discuessed my wages and the benefits. Is this a good sign? I read other reviews stating you normally do tests prior to a face-to-face but nothing has been mentioned to this sort. She stated that I would be sent out for a 4 week training once accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The suspense. The questions are all situational. ex... explain a time where you and a co worker didn't agree on a way something was done what did you do to resolve the issue" and those sorts of questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't accept yet, just wanted to post for other people in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in February 2013.

It was a difficult and tedious process. 1st step- long and involved web application(may be browser issues) 2nd step-Half an hour phone interview. Third Step- A basic skills test given at a testing center. 4th step a mock customer service interview done by computer. 5th Step- In person interview with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have moving violations on my license? They perform a thorough background check and a drug test   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offered me a great package and I took it!!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

had to take 3 seperate test prior to CJO. a battery test, typing test, and phone interview before having a face to face.

phone call offering job and negotiated pay over phone

Customer Service Representative Interview

i have not gone through an interview yet but i have a phone interview coming up

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in June 2012.

This was a four step process in my case. I applied on online and received an email a few days later stating they were interested and would like to schedule a phone interview. The interview consisted on situational questions like others has mentioned as well as previous work experience. The phone interview lasted roughly 30 mins...the main thing is being detailed as possible otherwise you are going to be asked to elaborate. After the phone interview I was scheduled to take a test at Verizon which lasted about 1.5 hours. The test consisted of 7 parts, including typing, multi tasking and personality to name a few. After passing the test I was told I would receive another phone interview which was basically the same as the first...work history and situational...again be specific as possible. The second phone interview again lasted about 30 min. After the phone interview I was told I would receive another call to set up a face to face interview. That interview happened at a Verizon location which lasted 1.5 hours. After the face to face interview I was told I would receive a call within 1 to 2 weeks so don't be alarmed. I received a call and offered a job contingent upon a background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are tell me about a time which is related to working with customers and co workers.   Answer Question
    It is a take it or leave it offer...no room for negotiation.