Verizon

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

Interview Details – Computer test, written test and personal interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon in May 2009.

Interview Details – You must pass a series of tests before speaking to a human. Ifnyouboass the written tests, you must pass a role play test. You are then seated in a room with three hiring managers and asked a lot of "what if " questions,

Interview Question – One question was based on federal regulations for proprietary regulations, which I wasn't familiar with as I had never worked within a communications company before.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied received an email with in the same day to set up a phone interview. I proceeded with the phone interview two days later and was told they would contact the store manager to set up a face-to-face interview with the Manager and Assistant Manager. I have my meeting coming up and the phone interview she discuessed my wages and the benefits. Is this a good sign? I read other reviews stating you normally do tests prior to a face-to-face but nothing has been mentioned to this sort. She stated that I would be sent out for a 4 week training once accepted.

Interview Question – The suspense. The questions are all situational. ex... explain a time where you and a co worker didn't agree on a way something was done what did you do to resolve the issue" and those sorts of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't accept yet, just wanted to post for other people in the process.

Very Difficult Interview

Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a difficult and tedious process. 1st step- long and involved web application(may be browser issues) 2nd step-Half an hour phone interview. Third Step- A basic skills test given at a testing center. 4th step a mock customer service interview done by computer. 5th Step- In person interview with managers.

Interview Question – Did I have moving violations on my license? They perform a thorough background check and a drug test   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered me a great package and I took it!!!

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very straight forward and to-the-point during the Q&A process. Even for a position that demands minimal higher educational skills the focus was weighed heavily on previous work experience.

Interview Question – Hypothetical situation presented. Asked to solve a problem concerning a customer and company policy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – had to take 3 seperate test prior to CJO. a battery test, typing test, and phone interview before having a face to face.

Negotiation Details – phone call offering job and negotiated pay over phone

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – i have not gone through an interview yet but i have a phone interview coming up

Coeur d'Alene, ID

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2008.

Interview Details – Phase 1: Computer Exam in a room of 50 people. After passing went on to Phase 2 computer exam. We were told that day if we passed. The computer exams were followed by a panel interview.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set hourly wage.

Teaneck, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in January 2008.

Interview Details – Online Application then they send you an email to make an appointment for a test center, then if you pass a phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing that comes to mind   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in June 2012.

Interview Details – This was a four step process in my case. I applied on online and received an email a few days later stating they were interested and would like to schedule a phone interview. The interview consisted on situational questions like others has mentioned as well as previous work experience. The phone interview lasted roughly 30 mins...the main thing is being detailed as possible otherwise you are going to be asked to elaborate. After the phone interview I was scheduled to take a test at Verizon which lasted about 1.5 hours. The test consisted of 7 parts, including typing, multi tasking and personality to name a few. After passing the test I was told I would receive another phone interview which was basically the same as the first...work history and situational...again be specific as possible. The second phone interview again lasted about 30 min. After the phone interview I was told I would receive another call to set up a face to face interview. That interview happened at a Verizon location which lasted 1.5 hours. After the face to face interview I was told I would receive a call within 1 to 2 weeks so don't be alarmed. I received a call and offered a job contingent upon a background and drug test.

Interview Question – Most questions are tell me about a time which is related to working with customers and co workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is a take it or leave it offer...no room for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon