Verizon Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was typical until we got to compensation. Working in 10+ different companies I have never had to prove my income that I provided to the recruiter. At Verizon they have a third-party that does background check including income verification for your current employer. They use other third-party source(work something?). To make a long story short my base compensation is more than just salary and the third-party verifier was only able to verify my base salary. I provided information to the verifier and Verizon to substantiate the additional income. However, since Verizon doesn't offer that type of income source they don't count it as income and now my compensation number I provide is off by several thousand dollars. Worse the recruiters do everything by email and there is no one to discuss this to arrive at a mutual agreement/understanding toward resolving the issue.

All of this is after receiving an offer letter and a verbal agreement to accept the position. So my note to anyone is to check for successful closure on the drug test and the background check(above) before providing your notice to your current employer. Otherwise, you could potentially not have a job that you thought you had.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straight forward and nothing unexpected for the position.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

One friend gave me a recommendation. The HR contacted me in less than one week. However, it took another week for the phone screen. Finally they said my experience is not suitable for this position. So no offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Richardson, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and received an email from the HR department and scheduled a phone interview. Then I received another email in the following week for an invitation to their Super Day Interview that lasts for 5-6hours. In the Super Day Interview, they introduced themselves, gave us a tour, and did a 2 on 1 technical interview and a behavioral HR interview. The technical interview was more of fitting you into a culture or interest of a project. There was about 30 candidates per SuperDay Interview, It was kind of fun to talk to other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What do you see in Verizon's technology, 3 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got called back 11 days after the Super Day interview. They gave me an offer and benefits/eligibility as an intern. They also gave me a month to accept the offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

45 min human resource and 45 min technical interview. Pretty straightforward. There were no difficult questions. The staff was really friendly. They did seem to have some timing issues with the super day though.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see IT in 5 years?   1 Answer

MTSIV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Internal position for Project Manager in IT area. Phone interview with senior manager. I think the interview was a courtesy interview due to already having someone internally in mind. Kind of them to take time to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep up with current trends, products and technology changes in the industry and profession, if so, how?   1 Answer

Marketing Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interview with recruiter
    Interview with HR
    Interview with Hiring Team
    Very Long Process over a few months... was never contacted after final interview. This was one of the more drawn out processes. 1 month in between 1st and 2nd interview at least.

Interview Questions

• What data analysis in your previous job experience would be applicable to this job. Tell me about a time questions. The questions were all the same for every candidate. The interviewer was reading off of a prompt. They wanted an extreme, borderline excessive amount of detail within the answers.   Answer Question

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The requirements for this job was a phone interview by the recruiter, followed by 3 tests. No other interview was necessary, the hiring was based on who could pass the tests. One test was a 'battery' test similar to the SAT: Simple math with formulas give, reading comprehension, and matching similes, etc. The second test was based on networking and internet knowledge. The third test was a role playing test with a phone headset and a mock up of a ticketing system.

Interview Questions

• The networking test was the most difficult to pass.   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviews are very good. Very detailed and intensive. Hiring Managers play a very crucial role.
    Long interview sessions. Questions about different design/ tool aspects. Details of each project and issues/ challenges faced.
    However recruitment process is very slow.

College Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Basic personality and easy IT questions. The interview was honestly not a difficult one by any means, they were more concerned about finding a large number of candidates than they were about finding the best.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX).

Interview

I did not interview, was given the job based on my performance.

Negotiation

No negotiation