Verizon Data Services India

Verizon Data Services India Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Data Services India.

Verizon Data Services India being a 100% owned subsidy of india came to our college for the CSE/ECE/EEE branches but in the end, gave only 6 offers (mostly to the CSE grads) out of about 120 people who were eligible for the offer. The criterion for offer was a 7 GPA throughout school and at college.
    The process started with a presentation followed by a test, which tested quants, analytics and technical, with sectional cut offs in each of the above sections. Then came the interviews which was a group technical followed by a one to one HR interview.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation as i was a fresher

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Data Services India in February 2012.

the interview process was very easy. i went on an interview and then i was called on the phone and was offered the job. they asked many questions. such as did i ever steal, or if i ever feel that it is ok to steal. i said no and i got the job in three days. i started in march and still work there today. i have made much in commissions and it has been nice and good.

Interview Questions
    • do you smoke crack (this was asked by the way)   View Answer
    i was not able to barter but was hired above the going rate

Software Engineer Interview

IT was a pool campus for 3 colleges where 1200+ participants.
    1.written test by Aspiring minds..(C,quant,logical,English)[87/1200+]
    the test is conducted at their respective colleges and the test standard is normal amcat level, some of questions have repeated. if you have written a few aspiring minds test its a childs plan for you.
    2.group dicussion(30+/87)
    This completely depends on the person in charge a few panels have got choice to select the topic and everyone's summary in the end.
    3.technical round(20+/30+)
    This was a really long interview TR fr 38 took around 6 hours with 3 panels and almost every IT part is asked,long est interview rounds.
    4.HR (16)
    This completely depends on HR manager in charge.

Interview Questions
    • Every stage of process test a reasonable level of skills, no worries to be the top in all, but you should convince the person in charge that our worth hiring (even if you fail to answer certain questions, u should show in what you are best at)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

It was an on campus interview.The first round was aptitude with four sections:quants,verbal,logical reasoning,technical.Not very difficult but The cut off for selection was considerably high ..the next round was gd..the topics were not over the top..quite fun and few conventional ones..the next was tech interview..questions ranging from ur project to few codes and area of interest ..extremely friendly HRs ..final round with general HR ..was asked a few puzzles ..heard back after a couple of days saying I was placed .

Interview Questions
    No negotiations..we are just freshers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Data Services India in October 2014.

Four Rounds:
    1) Online Test (Quants, Logical, Verbal, Programming)
    2)Group Discussion
    3)Technical Interview
    4)General HR
    First round was conducted by aspiring minds and easy but Cut off was high. Data Structures, Output and debug questions were asked in programming,
    In Group Discussion, We were asked to choose a topic. It was quite easy. Content is more important. Valid points must be there.
    Technical Interview was bit tough as i failed in it. Resume's originality was tested. Be prepared for any question on project ans what ever u had put in resume. Apart from it, puzzle was asked, and few communication questions were asked even though i'm from CS back ground.

Interview Questions
    • What is attenuation ? How do you resolve it ?
      Given 8 balls, one ball is over weighted, How will u find the over weighted in two chance.

View Answer

Hi,
    I am from Chennai doing my final year(7th semester).

My interview in VERIZON was great.I am extremely happy and delighted to write my interview experience!.
    It was a pooled campus drive with 6 colleges participating.I had four rounds.It was conducted for 2 days.

Day 1:

1) Online Test (aptitude + technical)

Day 2:

2) Group discussion
    3) Technical HR interview
    4) General interview

Online Test:

First round was conducted in my college campus.It was one and half hr test with general aptitude and technical(basics of c,c++,data structures).Difficulty was medium.But the only problem is the time constraint which you should manage with proper planning.The aptitude was mostly basics.
    Prepare all formulas for quantitative aptitude.Logical and Verbal was manageable.Be quick and try to attend all questions.
    From my college totally 650 candidates appeared for the test.15 cleared.

Group discussion:

This was held in another college. 5 other colleges joined. First we had Presentation by the company followed by group discussion. Here we had about 55 candidates participating for GD.We were split into 5 batches.For my batch first we were asked by HR to discuss among our self and come up with a topic which we failed ultimately with no one coming to a conclusion.So the HR gave us a topic.It was,
    "Is IT sector a boon or bane for a country like India?".I was very nervous during the process.Initially i didn't speak.I spoke as 8th person.Then my nervousness was gone and spoke some 6 to 7 points and summarized at end. Got shortlisted was the next round.4 from each batch were shortlisted.(totally 20).

Technical Interview:

My HR was very calm and friendly. He asked me some questions in data structures and C++ like search algorithms,queue,stack,polymorphism,overloading and was asked to write a program to reverse a string which i wrote well and asked to explain my final year project.The interview went for about 2 minutes.Then the HR wished me good luck and told to wait.
    I was very nervous waiting for the result.The result was announced after half and hour.15 were shortlisted was final HR.I was very happy for the result and didn't expect i could make it this far.
    Now I had the general HR interview.

General HR interview:

Here again the HR was very friendly.Went through my Resume and asked questions like Why chose engineering,what are your expectations for our company, asked about my hobbies and sports(I had mentioned I am athlete and played football for district).Finally he was impressed and asked whether its fine for you to work in software(since i am an electronics engineer).I said i am fine and eagerly waiting.He wished be good luck and said the results will be told to the college.

The result was told after 2 days.I got selected !
    I never expected this.I was very happy and excited. I wholeheartedly thank almighty for this.

So Prepare well and all the best for your interview in Verizon.

Interview Questions
    • Questions from data structures like search tree,queue,stack,tree and C++ program.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Asp.Net Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Data Services India in September 2014.

First technical interview. Fully through the basics and also some situation to test your managerial skill. And after you started attending manager rounds. As of now attended thhrice. HR Penind. They say ll call tomorrow but it takes a week in which you forget that you attneded interview. Very slow process.

Module Lead Interview

It took about two weeks. they asked questions on areas where I will be working on. Interview was on Core Java, Spring framework, servlets and jsps. they also ask about database performance tuning and few sql queries

Software Engineer Interview

aptitute- normal amcat test not very tough. aptitute,logical reasoning,os concepts, java ques only theory from java ,coding ques were from c mainly debugginf
    GD- very easy my topic was men vs women
    technical interview- SDLC,Data Structure ,Operating System,Computer networks
    Hr interview- good experience just tell about yourself and y verizon

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult questions
      few coding questions like heap sort and all
      puzzles

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Data Services India.

2 rounds of technical discussion and HR round for salary negotiations. first round is telephonic. and then group/panel. HR Round is easy mostly salary discussions .

may not offer much