Verizon Director Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Interview

Very quick succession of interviews including 1:1 and panel interviews. Then no response to emails, phone calls or other inquiries for 4 months. Obviously not interested in follow up to their investment in time and resources interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. HR is driving it to be 100% behavioral-based. Questions have been standardized for each job title. Recruiters are overloaded and very slow to respond. So are the HR Business Partners.

Interview Questions

• I was asked four separate times if EVRYTHING on my application was truthful. And then they came back and compared what I told them with what was on my application and what the background check showed, even for very minor discrepancies. Not unusual to have to provide a W2.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is limited room to negotiate. I had very high leverage and only got an additional $5k/year + $10k signing bonus.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn; set up phone screen to review position, location, skills; phone screen w/ a panel of 4 team members; follow up via phone w/ hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I had difficulty understanding the VP leading the Process Improvement group - although personable, heavy accent and sometimes mumbled. He basically did a bait and switch with me - told the recruiter he was interested in me for one position then when I interviewed with him - he told me the position was filled and asked if I was interested in lower level position - he also did this with other candidates I spoke with - seemed to be his MO. Interestingly, the position he told me that was filled is still being posted on the Verizon site, the Glassdoor site and others. In addition, someone I know took a job under him and he said the hiring VP lied (yes he used that term) to him about the level of the role and once he got on board he found out otherwise. Told him he would be a director and when he came on board he was listed as manager and now is in a cube for first time in 20 years.

Interview Questions

Lack of integrity of the hiring VP. Could not see myself working for someone I could not trust.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

I was transitioned from a contractor to an employee. Verizon had already seen my work and the interview process was very straightforward. I was asked for an updated resume and application, I was interviewed by my current supervisor, and was offerred the job. I was able to negotiate additional starting salary since I was in a postion to request it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for an additional $5K in salary and was told that it was unlikely to happen. Verizon didn't negotiate on salary. My senior manager went to bat for me and I was able to get my request. I think this is not typical.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Panel of HR, Area President, and SVP. Structured and scored.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a high perfroming team?   1 Answer
    • Regualtory issue, situational.   1 Answer