Verizon

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

This was a very quick process. I applied for the job on a Tuesday morning, had a phone interview that afternoon. Then, I was instructed that I would be sent an email for a video interview through Montage. Was quite interesting. I was asked three basic questions (tell us about a time when...). Then, the following Friday I was contacted to schedule a Skype interview (since I live about 600 miles away from their headquarters). I scheduled my interview for two weeks later on a Friday. In the Skype interview I was asked scenario based questions (tell me about a time when you had to work in a group, tell me about a time you had to work on something with little time, etc.). They also asked about my prior experience and if I was knowledgeable in SAP, Excel, and Access.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to work with an uncooperative co-worker   View Answer

I had another offer with a company close to home for $10,000 more.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

They called for a short phone interview. It seemed more just to make sure that I qualified for the interview on site. They then scheduled an on-site interview one week later and there had me meet with two team managers and have thirty minute interviews with them. After the interview they gave a tour of their facilities and then it was done. They called me two business days later saying they would have an offer to me by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. Helped to know a lot about the company and the industry.   Answer Question
    They were slow to get back to any questions I had. They would tell me that they would get back to me on a certain day and it would always be two days later than that.

Financial Analyst Interview

it may take several interviews (phone or one on one) and some managers will also have the team interview to see if you would be a good fit for the team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I got a phone interview asking about salary expectations, my strengths and weaknesses, they asked about my background, past internships and if i had experience with six sigma. They asked why I wanted to work for Verizon

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you where the leader in a project and what did you do to fulfill your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

This was a very straightforward process. I met with Verizon at a career fair, and they set up an appointment for an interview that same day. It was a very warm interview, and it was more of a conversation and getting to know the people in the company rather than a cold interview with robotic questions

Interview Questions
    There is no option for this, but I have not accepted the offer yet as I am still going through other interviews. The offer is pending

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Had phone interview with 3rd party talent search firm. The woman had no personality and was very condescending. I came away from the interview not wanting anything to do with Verizon. If this is how they treat a person as a candidate, working there must suck the life out of you. I was amazed at the personal questions the woman said were required by Verizon and felt thoroughly violated after getting off the call.

Interview Questions
    • What was the structure of the 401k plan at my last employer and how much did I participate?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Had a phone interview (about a month ago). Had appied for the position approximately three months ago. Process seems to move very slow and the recruiter said I'd hear back directly from Verizon in about 4-6 weeks; I'm going on my 5th week and still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview is more than an hour long! Questions aren't very difficult, but you need to be direct and to the point (do not waste time). You should know every item on your Resume well and you need to be able to provide examples of most items listed on the job posting. So make sure you fit the description and have performed similar work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in September 2009.

I got this interview through HR. I was interviewed by the Hiring manager who was responsible for a team of 3 analysts. There was only one interview. The interview went very smoothly and I was asked whether I can join immediately. However, I later found out that due to budgetary constraints the position was terminated.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was how I would deal with Sales managers   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in January 2009.

With such a large company the process took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    I countered what they offered and received what I asked for.