Verizon

Verizon IT Entry Level Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

The position was in Texas but I lived in new york. After 2 fairly easy phone interviews I was selected for an in person interview in Texas. The phone interviews mainly went over my background and were non technical questions. For the in person interview they paid for the flight, hotel, and everything else associated with it.
After Arriving in Irving, Texas I found the Verizon staff members to be very helpful. The building is huge and has wonderful perks like a state of the art gym and basketball court.
The in person interviews were more technical focused but they mainly asked about my experience in IT and programming. It was a panel interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • An unexpected question was to discuss two decisions I made. One that was a bad choice, and one that was a great choice.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

IT Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in February 2013.

Phone interview then on campus interview with other candidates. Nothing too difficult. One interview with IT manager one with HR person.

IT Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in December 2012.

Applied through college career website. Contacted about 3 to 4 weeks later to setup a phone interview. About another week or two later was contacted again to schedule an on-site interview. On site interview was a "super day" where there was a half day program with about 16 other candidates, some interviewing for similar positions, others different positions.
    There were two 30 minute interviews, one behavioral with HR, and the other with managers from the IT area, though no technical questions were asked. Rest of the day consisted of a campus tour and relaxation period with some other candidates and current employees, to ask questions informally about the company culture.
    Interview was second week in December, didn't hear anything until last week in January.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see IT field in 5 years? Which field of IT interests you most?   Answer Question
    Benefits are excellent, starting pay great too. Not really a negotiable offer, more like take it or leave it.

IT Entry-Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in November 2012.

I applied through the company website and answered 10 short questions. I was contacted a week later to schedule a telephone interview. Two weeks later I was invited to an in-person interview with other candidates. I had two-30 minute interviews: behavioral and technical. Heard a response in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Only wanted to negotiate the location. Was very pleased with the offered salary and benefits.

Entry Level IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Superday
    Pre screening by recruitment firm, then superday interview with many other applicants across the country. Given a tour of the headquarters in Basking Ridge then participated in many events throughout the day and eventually interviewed by a senior officer.

Interview Questions
    • Team case study of prioritizing 30 items out of a life or death situation   Answer Question