Verizon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Gave my resume in colg career fair. Got their mail after few days to apply for the positon. Went to basking ridge for the interview.Over all process was smooth.2 rounds of interview were conducted. One technical and one HR. Nothing technical or too technical about it. They just asked questions regarding my project. The interviewers were very friendly while asking questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Took about 4 months. Behavioral Questions. Straightforward. Three Interviews. Received an offer and accepted. Wasn't too bad at all. Good company. I would say just have your resume prepared and know why you would want to work there. They are a little random in giving out internships but just apply to many positions and you will be fine,

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in November 2014.

first round interview was a video submission. very strange process but i guess it gives more of a unique way of meeting yourself, as the interviewee. I wore a suit top and sweatpants during the recording, as you can only see my upperbody

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in November 2014.

Spoke to some recruiters at university career fair, gave them my resume. About a month later, I got an email with a link to an application for an internship position. About two weeks after that, got another email to set up a phone interview with someone from a staffing agency contracted with Verizon. Over the next few days was sent a travel itinerary for a visit to the office in Atlanta. Me and maybe 7 other students were flown to the airport and shuttled to the office for the live interviews. Some presentations about the company, then a 2 on 1 technical interview, and a 1 on 1 HR interview. My technical interview was fairly simple and mostly questions about how I worked on group projects with others, some concept definitions (I was asked to describe polymorphism), and at the end because there was still time I was asked to do a variable swap and fizzbuzz on paper. HR interview was questions about my work history, things I did and didn't like and such.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you were in a group project with somebody who was outspoken or failed to contribute, and how you dealt with it."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in November 2014.

I was initially e-mailed by a recruiter through e-mail after she saw my resume on the Grace Hopper resume database. I then filled out an application and had a preliminary interview at the conference, though I was told that they normally do this over the phone. My interviewer, who was another recruiter, asked me pretty basic questions like where I would want to work, what kind of technologies I know how and prefer to use, and about things that were on my resume. About three weeks later, they contacted me and flew me out to their office in Irving, TX for another interview through this super-interview event they were having. Here, I had two interviews: one with HR and another with two tech employees, but it wasn't all that technical. The tech interview wasn't bad, though they did grill me on everything that was on my resume and asked tons of questions about my work experience. The only technical question they asked was what my favorite thing about Android is, and that was because I had some experience in Android development. The HR interview went much better and was just like the first interview: where would I want to work, what roles would I like, etc. Another recruiter called me 5-6 days later and gave me an offer at the same location.

Overall, be prepared to talk about EVERYTHING on your resume. They are looking more at your personality and potential than they are your technical skills.

Also, if you do get accepted and you're interested, they require you to take a drug test within 48 hours after they give you your offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you had the opportunity to start your current project over again, what would you do differently and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in October 2014.

The phone interview was straight forward, they just go over you resume. After the phone interview they call you out to there HQ in basking ridge for their superday event, which is 5 hours long. You get a tour of the facility and there are 2 interviews which are 45 mins long, one with HR and another with a technical interviewer depending on which position you applied for.

Interview Questions
    • They were all straight forward, but you have to be very descriptive.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in October 2014.

After applying through college career center, I received an email within 2 weeks. I was asked to schedule an interview as soon as possible so I scheduled a phone interview few days after receiving the email. The representative was from a third party which works for Verizon hiring process. He was generally nice and very laid-back. Two weeks after my phone interview, I was notify through email that I did not advance further into the process.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was generally about the resume and basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

The process started with an email sent to me for a request for a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and it lasted for about 5 min. A month later, I received a call to come to Verizon for a face to face interview. There were two interviews at that time. One with IT professionals and one with an HR professional. Each one lasted for an hour. After that was completed, I knew of a decision a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

3 interviews, all were easy, you should be honest and able to explain what's on your resume, self confidence is very important, don't explain beyond the required information. the over all process is easy, the background check might take time, so don't panic

no negoiation

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I gave my resume to a women who came to my university to do an info session about Verizon. I had a pre-interview with a thrid party company called the Workplace group and am still waiting to do my second interview with Verizon. The interview was easy and short. I was asked behavioral questions like describe some leadership roles and why do you want to work at Verizon.