Verizon

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.9

Collections Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Not a good system...several calls to and from recruiter, phone interview, group interview testing at facility, weeks later job offer depending you pass all requirements , BIG hassel .gettong all the info they require, no comunication then 2 days before start date they call you. After starting rush to reverify info because it got lost.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Took about 4 months. Behavioral Questions. Straightforward. Three Interviews. Received an offer and accepted. Wasn't too bad at all. Good company. I would say just have your resume prepared and know why you would want to work there. They are a little random in giving out internships but just apply to many positions and you will be fine,

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview was with two people, one present and one over the phone. Asked all the standard interview questions. I interviewed at a different location than the one that I was eventually hired at. I thought I was applying for a position at Verizon Wireless and ended up working for Verizon Telecom. I didn't realize that they were basically two different companies.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you changed about your previous place of employment/how did you overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    basically was offered less than I was making at previous employer but with commission. Very soon after being hired I was maxed out at the top pay for my position.

Programmer Interview

as usual. just the usual stuff. inerview went well and it was pretty basic and i answered all the questions. ver y easy and u can crack it. asked questions about div and doms and basic javascript questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Long and arduous. You do a phone interview and then go to headquarters and take a test and then if you pass you have an in person interview and they call you later to offer you a job but the fun doesn't stop there ! So you go take the standard urine test and then get ready for a third person "background screening" company to get involved. You pass the criminal background and then you're asked for current pay stubs and w2 form from all your last employers along with a copy of your high school diploma (no matter how many years ago it may have been) they basically treat you as if you are a liar even if you supply references and past employers contact information. Not to mention the invasion of privacy by making you send person information to a third party screening company. All this for a position that pays less than the middle class median salary (far less) I'd recommend not even wasting your time. I can only imagine how they treat customers if they treat their employees this way. Pretty crazy.

Interview Questions

Extreme background check invasion of privacy turned me off

Operations Manager Interview

Interview is situational interview questions they will ask about your training education and work experiences then go into situational questions. It's a panel interview where they ask standard questions to every applicant. You must pass general aptitude tests prior to receiving an interview

Interview Questions
    • General situational questions. Tell me about a time when ........   Answer Question
    Offer based on associate pay scale and pretty standardized

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

I had 3 interviews for the same position. The hiring process is somewhat lenghty. The first two interview were done by HR specialists who ask you general question about how you would react in different situation. The third interview was done by the engineering team and ask more questions related to the jobs itself. Such as experience and reasons for chosing the field.

Interview Questions
    • One the questions I was asked was what I like least about my field. This very hard to answer because you don't want to let them know you might not enjoy an aspect of the job that you are applying for.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

2 phone interviews. 2 tests for skills. 4 interviews with supervisors. Major background check. Strange interview questions. Faxed 10 years of taxes to them so so that I could complete the application process. Testing was easy. Talk about how comfortable with change, computers (software), and people you are and you should do well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any hostility or conflicts with a co-worker?   View Answer
    No salary negotiation. I know someone interviewed recently and the starting salary was like 28,000

RF Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Initial communication was via phone call. i then had to fly down for an interview. standard RF interview questions. they paid for the flight, car rental and hotel. im worried the pay is kinda low.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Most jobs are filled by people who the hiring manager already knows. If you should get an interview, be prepared for questions that may have nothing to do with the job. The hiring manager will ask situational questions from a template that could be used for many other positions.