Verizon Interview Questions

2.9

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in October 2011.

A test with basic question about networking. Then a phone interview to determine the language skill over the phone. Finally, a 2 week training that if you fail you are immediately fired.

Interview Questions
    • Questions in regards to fiber specific to verizon network   Answer Question
    They offered me a salary and benefits, I told them I had to think about it and the next phone call they offered me more money.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon in March 2013.

You first interview with a recruiter over the phone, then you go in and usually interview with two managers face to face. They will then do a background check, which they farm out to a private company. All the questions are pretty boilerplate. Just have a good answer to why you want to work at Verizon.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Someone from human resources contacted me in response to an application. They emailed me about an open house. I couldn't make the open house so they scheduled me for a phone interview on September 2nd. I passed the phone interview so I went in for an assessment on September 4th. The exam was a bit challenging but I passed and was scheduled for a final interview with a supervisor on September 9th. The supervisor was really nice. We discussed my resume and background information. Then she asked me questions about past work situations and we did role play. She typed all of my responses. I recommend you do research on the products and services that the company offers. Overall the interview went well and they said they'll call me within seven days

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had a big responsibility to do at work in a short amount of time   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Applied through a job portal and had a initial HR discussion about the role, company and benefits. A week later a telephone chat was scheduled with a director and it was quick and nothing difficult. A week later onsite interview was scheduled and had face-face with 5 interviewers. Most of the questions were on coding, design and patterns. Programming was easy and questions were mostly Fibonacci, reverse a string, palindrome type. I had nice conversation during the interview and they posed some of the challenges and problems they are facing and i could mention few of the design aspects and patterns which could solve the problem. Overall it was a nice experience. I am still waiting for the response.

Health and Wellness Coordinator Interview

I applied online for the position which was posted on a well known career website. I received a call about 2 weeks later from one of the representatives at the corporate site. Since my supervisor was located in Virginia, I was only interview via phone and was hired 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would perform with limited supervision. After I took the position I realized that it meant I would only have contact with my supervisor and other co-workers via email and phone.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Contacted directly by an internal recruiter from my resume which was posted online, set up call to discuss position, business unit and process. Had another phone interview a week or so later and scheduled in person meeting with local contacts. In person interview after that with several members of the local team. No reply or response until finally saying they were going another direction.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in February 2010.

pretty hard the company is very picky about who they choose to work there but it is very hard to get fired once you are on you are there

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Very rigorous interview process. HR is driving it to be 100% behavioral-based. Questions have been standardized for each job title. Recruiters are overloaded and very slow to respond. So are the HR Business Partners.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked four separate times if EVRYTHING on my application was truthful. And then they came back and compared what I told them with what was on my application and what the background check showed, even for very minor discrepancies. Not unusual to have to provide a W2.   Answer Question
    There is limited room to negotiate. I had very high leverage and only got an additional $5k/year + $10k signing bonus.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in May 2012.

I was placed into Verizon through Disys, a horrible contracting company. My contact at Verizon wanted to hire me as a FTE right away, but his management made him go through a very scummy contracting company. I was treated well by Verizon and terribly by Disys. The interview process was bizarre: I was asked no technical questions at all. They tried to convert me to an employee (at a rank ABOVE even MTS-4) but neither my boss, nor his, nor even his above him the director, was allowed to hire anyone. I ended up in a lead position and then two years after I was brought on, senior management freaked out and fired all IT contractors and a huge number of regular employees, even from groups that were growing and profitable like mine. We were in the middle of a release, and I was their lead and their defacto release manager. My director was told he could keep me, but they went behind his back and fired every single contractor, reneging on their word to him. I could have walked at that point, but I had friends on the team, so I put in 120 hours in the remaining 8 days (including a holiday) trying to get the release into shape and making sure everything was covered. I was doing the job of three people there, and everyone was devastated. I got a nice going-away party etc etc etc. Upper management are fools for treating creative staff like interchangeable parts; the layoff culture there is poisonous. That even my director was not dealt with honestly by upper management gives me no confidence in them whatsoever. That said, everyone I worked with at Verizon on my immediate team, and management to the first three levels above me, were all great people. But everything above them is a madhouse. They keep making fewer people do more and more work, and it doesn't hold together. The technical debt is staggering.

Interview Questions
    • The oddest question was whether I understood that they were a big company. They did not ask actual programming questions. I wish they had: the overseas elements were very very bad programmers, and us onshore people were constantly having to mop up after them.   View Answer
    I negotiated for higher pay, which Verizon were quick to say yes to. However, Disys docked me for health care I didn't receive, even including overtime (but charged Verizon the full amount), so it didn't work out very well. Contract work is being misused here by both parties, and the government needs to crack down on it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was 2 phone interviews the first one were trying to get to know about me and why I wanted to work for the company. The second interview I was given situational scenerios and asked to give examples on how I resolved the issues.

Interview Questions

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!