Verizon

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.9

Solutions Specialist/Retail Sales Interview

The interview process to get into Verizon is pretty intensive and long, but thats only because they invest a lot in their employees immediately. The whole process lasted about a month, maybe a little longer. You start with a phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour and included some sales roll play. Then you interview with the manager and assistant manager at the store. Theres also some sales roll play in this step but their more or less looking at your personality rather than sales skills. After that, you have an interview with a DM, mine was by phone and it was more him telling me about the company than an interview. You then get a background check amd drug test...if all is good you start training. The process was a pain but understandable for all the benefits and training received as soon as you start. Verizon really invests in their employees and wants to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to do a sales roll play in my phone interview.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Your hourly rate is set and you earn commission on top of that.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Applied to their website. Got a behavioral phone call in the following month. Second round invitation to Basking Ridge, NJ where they flew me out. 1 behavioral interview and 1 technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you faced a challenge with teammates and how you overcame them.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Had phone interview with an agent from a recruiting firm within 2 weeks applying online and later went to an HQ for two in person interviews, one business/technical and one HR.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

This was the most awkward interview / hiring processes I have ever dealt with. I applied to a position and made it through two interviews with the organization. However, at my third interview, the representative cut my interview short after realizing that although I had significant experience related to the job position, I did not have the specific degree they were seeking. After that interview, I never heard back from another representative. It was a complete waste of their time and my time to make it through 2 interviews only to be rejected for an odd technicality.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address individual differences within a team?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

They called for a short phone interview. It seemed more just to make sure that I qualified for the interview on site. They then scheduled an on-site interview one week later and there had me meet with two team managers and have thirty minute interviews with them. After the interview they gave a tour of their facilities and then it was done. They called me two business days later saying they would have an offer to me by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. Helped to know a lot about the company and the industry.   Answer Question
    They were slow to get back to any questions I had. They would tell me that they would get back to me on a certain day and it would always be two days later than that.

Engineer A Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

General questions were asked about my previous experiences. I was asked how much was i expecting in terms of compensation. I was asked if I had any experience with the products they used in data circuit provisioning and activation.

Verizon Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon.

More than one interview, usually one with an HR representative and another with more technical leadership team members.

The focus are to find candidates that are willing to learn, with the right attitude, and flexible on moving. Its not so much about technical expertise.

Questions are focused on leadership experience , overcoming challenges, and ability tp work and adapt to new teams.

Interview Questions
    Program salary not negotiable, although highly competitive. But, opportunity is awesome.

Financial Analyst Interview

it may take several interviews (phone or one on one) and some managers will also have the team interview to see if you would be a good fit for the team

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

I applied online. I didn't get a call until a month later from a recruiter. I've spent 30 minutes speaking to their recruiter. I then went in to speak to an HR person for another 40 minutes. She then told me they haven't figured out the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • just went through my resume, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

I was invited to SuperDay interview with Verizon.
    It lasted about 4-5 hours. They had two overview presentations of their company.
    Their technical questions were very unexpected because they were most likely behaviral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual.
      What did you least like about your previous job?

Answer Question