Verizon

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.9

Programmer Interview

as usual. just the usual stuff. inerview went well and it was pretty basic and i answered all the questions. ver y easy and u can crack it. asked questions about div and doms and basic javascript questions.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview was with two people, one present and one over the phone. Asked all the standard interview questions. I interviewed at a different location than the one that I was eventually hired at. I thought I was applying for a position at Verizon Wireless and ended up working for Verizon Telecom. I didn't realize that they were basically two different companies.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you changed about your previous place of employment/how did you overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    basically was offered less than I was making at previous employer but with commission. Very soon after being hired I was maxed out at the top pay for my position.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview is situational interview questions they will ask about your training education and work experiences then go into situational questions. It's a panel interview where they ask standard questions to every applicant. You must pass general aptitude tests prior to receiving an interview

Interview Questions
    • General situational questions. Tell me about a time when ........   Answer Question
    Offer based on associate pay scale and pretty standardized

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

I had 3 interviews for the same position. The hiring process is somewhat lenghty. The first two interview were done by HR specialists who ask you general question about how you would react in different situation. The third interview was done by the engineering team and ask more questions related to the jobs itself. Such as experience and reasons for chosing the field.

Interview Questions
    • One the questions I was asked was what I like least about my field. This very hard to answer because you don't want to let them know you might not enjoy an aspect of the job that you are applying for.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

2 phone interviews. 2 tests for skills. 4 interviews with supervisors. Major background check. Strange interview questions. Faxed 10 years of taxes to them so so that I could complete the application process. Testing was easy. Talk about how comfortable with change, computers (software), and people you are and you should do well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any hostility or conflicts with a co-worker?   View Answer
    No salary negotiation. I know someone interviewed recently and the starting salary was like 28,000

RF Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Initial communication was via phone call. i then had to fly down for an interview. standard RF interview questions. they paid for the flight, car rental and hotel. im worried the pay is kinda low.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Long and arduous. You do a phone interview and then go to headquarters and take a test and then if you pass you have an in person interview and they call you later to offer you a job but the fun doesn't stop there ! So you go take the standard urine test and then get ready for a third person "background screening" company to get involved. You pass the criminal background and then you're asked for current pay stubs and w2 form from all your last employers along with a copy of your high school diploma (no matter how many years ago it may have been) they basically treat you as if you are a liar even if you supply references and past employers contact information. Not to mention the invasion of privacy by making you send person information to a third party screening company. All this for a position that pays less than the middle class median salary (far less) I'd recommend not even wasting your time. I can only imagine how they treat customers if they treat their employees this way. Pretty crazy.

Interview Questions

Extreme background check invasion of privacy turned me off

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Most jobs are filled by people who the hiring manager already knows. If you should get an interview, be prepared for questions that may have nothing to do with the job. The hiring manager will ask situational questions from a template that could be used for many other positions.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

I didn't realize, but I had already been chosen by the recruiting agency based on my resume. I had the significant experience in the IT industry working as part of a Finance team that they were looking for. Interview was 15 minutes to explain and discuss logistics of the job to me.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon.

Normal for sales why should I hire you, what can you bring to the company, do you work well under pressure. Asked about my past jobs and how I handled different situations, Told them about my work abroud and working with people who didnt speak english.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if someone said no and how would you over come it   Answer Question
    he said he would pay me x and I said sure.