Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Consumer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Structured Panel Interview after a series of tests. It was actually fairly simple to go through. The tests were standard typing and math. There was also a comprehension as well as personality quiz followed by a mock call situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a difficult project and how you overcame any obstacles.   Answer Question

IT Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Questions were very technical. They were expecting some coding background and they are very heavy test automation. Sat in front of a panel of three people where each had a technical or behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision to not take an action?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

They did not contact me despite high qualifications other than sales. I filled out a 1 hour survey. The questions were ambiguous so you need to pay good attention.

Interview Questions

• There are very detailed survey questions online about how you handle interactions.   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had to provide my resume and cover letter to staffing agency who funneled items to management and then I secured the interview. A few phone interviews and a in-person interview -- with my future direct supervisor and then with a panel of individuals in the department.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do to create a successful social media strategy? Q: Tell me about your experiences and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was submitted - no real negotiation.

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Nice analytical questions were asked to test the ability to come up with solutions. It was followed by a drill of subject questions in database and Service oriented architecture. Specifically, was also asked about RFID

Interview Questions

• How many squares could be there in a n*N dimension square   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Resume and profile on Verizon website was started two years prior to my hire. Interview began with phone screen from the hiring manager, spoke with three engineers, and finally the director. Offer was extended within one month.

Interview Questions

• Standard "do you know your stuff" technology questions, no trick ones.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter a few days after applying online. Said I would be a great fit and really hyped me up. I was scheduled for an in person interview with hiring manager, then 2 phone interviews; a second with a different person in HR, who asked an hour and a half worth of behavior based questions, followed by an interview with a different would-be team member. 2 weeks later I was scheduled for 2 more phone interviews, one with a VP of marketing and one with a different would-be team member. The entire process took 2 months (no exaggeration), and after a lot of follow up they ended up hiring someone internally.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I was referred to the manager by a friend of mine who was a current employee. I got a call within a couple of days to set up a meeting. The day of the interview I went to the store to meet the manager. There were no customers, the interview was held on the sales floor. It was straight-forward, he asked about my sales experience and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking to customers?   1 Answer

Bilingual Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Applied thr beginning of june through indeed. Got email asking to submit the formal application with resume, got a call a couple days after that to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, got scheduled for the assessment, for the following day, after the assessment they told me I passed, then scheduled a face to face interview. Then came the waiting, got a call about a week later to make me the offer. Then came the drug check and background with ACheck. Make sure dates of previous employment are correct. I start on July 28th :)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deal with many tasks at once, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The interviewer will go through a list of mandatory questions from HR. There is little time for you to ask your own questions. The interview style is friendly but formal.

Interview Questions

• Describer a time when you dealt with a problematic employee.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a challenging situation or deadline.   Answer Question