Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The interviewer will go through a list of mandatory questions from HR. There is little time for you to ask your own questions. The interview style is friendly but formal.

Interview Questions

• Describer a time when you dealt with a problematic employee.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a challenging situation or deadline.   Answer Question

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied online. The first interview was done on the telephone. Basic questions were asked about things such as your work and education history. MAKE SURE you have accurate info on that because they will double check. I received a call a few days later to come into the store for an interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience from previous work history and how it relates to the job you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Phone interview first very easy normal questions. After completing the phone interview they offer you a computer test. After the test you will have a face to face interview with one of the floor managers.

Facility Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Newark, NJ).

Interview

There was no interview. Took and passed the test next thing was a start date that was about 3 weeks out. Once at the work location there was an orientation and the next day we were in training for 5 - 7 weeks.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Savannah, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

A few weeks after applying, I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was informed that I would be contacted by a store manager to schedule an in person interview. I was called within 3 days. They wanted an interview the next day, but I was going to be out of town. We scheduledo the interview for the following Saturday. After the interview, I was told I might be called to schedule a creative exercise. I was called within 2 days and scheduled the creative exercise for that Saturday. At every step thus far I have received excellent feedback and approval for the position. After that, I was told that the general manager and district manager may want to speak with me briefly. I received a call from the district manager within 3 days. I was told that I should hear from the general manager in a day or two and that I should be starting soon. That was a week ago. I left a message for the district manager and still haven't heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing I've had to do in life so far?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was very unprofessional. Given a schedule of interview times to choose from. I chose one then received an email that time wasn't good for interviewer. Scheduled for the day they suggested but the time that worked best for me. Then, it was stated that time didn't work for them and they gave me a time that wasn't even an option.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you understand the schedule.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a tip from a buddy that there store had a position open so I applied for the position around June 7th. Got a email to set up a phone screening 2 days later. Interview was pretty easy they ask basic personality questions and asked a few situational questions since I had experience at t mobile. Recruiter said she would give me a call in the next few days. Received a call back from my recruiter around June 20th to set up a panel interview with all the managers in the district lol. At first it was intimidating but I've interviewed one on one with vzw managers in the past and I think the panel interview was good because if one manager doesn't feel you're a good match for the store there's still 8 other managers that might think you are. Interview went well I answered the questions promptly and I think my wireless experience really helped. Instead of selling a phone or item they asked me to sell to a customer as if I was a T-Mobile employee and after that as if I was a Verizon employee. Here, selling the benefits is what they are looking for and knowing the Verizon plans and products really help so do some research before hand. Shook hands with all the managers as I left and they said I should hear for them in about 7 days. That interview was on Thursday and reading through the interview reviews on here a lot of ppl got a call within a few days with the offer call, so when Monday came around and didn't recieve a call, I decided that I was gonna give the recruiter a call to see if the position was still open or if there were any more positions available. I planned to call by Wednesday but that Tuesday I got a call from the recruiter telling me they had good news and that they were going to call with the details, which was ultimately the job offer. I was excited and even though it's not the store I applied for, one of the other managers wanted to me to work with them and I accepted. I've been trying to get to get in vzw for about 5 years because this is the best company to work for in this industry so even though it wasn't the original store I wanted it's still a good opportunity to get your foot in the door

Interview Questions

• Besides the basic "why do you want to work here" questions the one that threw me off was "how hot is the sun."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate because they offered me the wage I asked for

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

applied, did online assessment, phone interview, and then group interview with GM of several stores. The group interview was the worst part and I felt like I was treated rudely. I was intervewed by some of the rudest mangers I've ever met. I was excited about my interview but honestly after it Im more happy that I won't get a call back

Interview Questions

• I was grilled and basically treated like I can't sale, even though I come from a sales background and even though the recruiter and phone interview was good, the group panel interview I went through is enough to make me never want to apply to Verizon again, I can't believe how rude those so called GMs were. I'll never want to work for someone like that.   Answer Question
    • What are you motivated by?   1 Answer

Network Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (Durham, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview with me and 3 technical skills reviewers. I dialed into a phone bridge and was asked questions about network security topics. This included questions about firewalls, routing protocols, intrusion detection and more. A few days later I was asked to make an on-site visit where I had a second interview which was as technical as the phone interview if not more. I found out a few days later that I was not selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• Technical network security questions followed by standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Verizon in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interviewer was very polite. Read all the information they give you in the pre interview email. I took my own notes on how I interpreted the company credo. I took notes on the things said in the company video. Think of a stressful situation you had a work and how you worked through it. Study the information on the product information they send you. Do a little more research on the product on your own. I know it sounds nerdy but I took notes on the credo, the product and answered questions the other people on here posted that they might ask, I printed all of it out and had it in front of me during the interview so I wouldn't get nervous and forget. I wish I could do that for all interviews. I can't stress how much it helped me and made me less nervous knowing that I had something to refer to during the interview. She told me that I will be moving on to the next round of hiring and I am waiting to hear from the local office on when my face to face interview will be and hopefully and offer.