Verizon

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.9

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Take a seven part assessment that lasts 2 hours. I finished the assessment in one hour. I was able to take the assessment at home. Then I was scheduled for a face to face structured interview. This is the toughest part because they use a booklet and read out of it as if they are administering an exam. It made me so nervous I did terrible. They do role playing and you have to sell the customer the product from XYZ company. They give you a pen and pad to write down the information for the XYZ company. The interview isn't personable at all. I don't think they even care about your personality. If you have call center or phone sales experience then this is the perfect job for you.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions where behavioral and you can't use your own experiences. They give you an example and you have to tell them how you would react to it. Concentrates on sales and customer retention.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Phone call from recruiter. Phone with hiring manager and other PMs. Entire process took about 2 or 3 weeks. I applied online and was called the next day.
    However there was no communication after that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I applied for a position on a Wednesday. Two days later I received a call from a recruiter. We didn't actually speak until the following Monday. After my phone interview, I was scheduled for a face to face interview the next Monday. The face to face interview took about 45 minutes. I was asked why I decided to apply to Verizon and some personal questions as well as critical thinking questions. Once the interview was over I was told I qualified for the assessment. It was scheduled for the next day. The assessment took about an hour or so. It is a seven part assessment, anyone with basic common sense should be able to pass. Once I finished, I was told I passed and scheduled the final interview the same day. The final interview was with the Director and a Supervisor. I was asked some critical thinking questions that needed to be answered on the STAR format. After that I was asked to sell a random electronic device. After the interview was over, I was brought back to the front desk where I waited about ten minutes. I was then told I was being offered the position! The overall process was great. Everyone I met with were very nice and laidback.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Gave my resume in colg career fair. Got their mail after few days to apply for the positon. Went to basking ridge for the interview.Over all process was smooth.2 rounds of interview were conducted. One technical and one HR. Nothing technical or too technical about it. They just asked questions regarding my project. The interviewers were very friendly while asking questions.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I had applied online. I then had a follow up phone interview with basic retail questions and waited for a couple of weeks and did not get the job.

Collections Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Not a good system...several calls to and from recruiter, phone interview, group interview testing at facility, weeks later job offer depending you pass all requirements , BIG hassel .gettong all the info they require, no comunication then 2 days before start date they call you. After starting rush to reverify info because it got lost.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Took about 4 months. Behavioral Questions. Straightforward. Three Interviews. Received an offer and accepted. Wasn't too bad at all. Good company. I would say just have your resume prepared and know why you would want to work there. They are a little random in giving out internships but just apply to many positions and you will be fine,

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Long and arduous. You do a phone interview and then go to headquarters and take a test and then if you pass you have an in person interview and they call you later to offer you a job but the fun doesn't stop there ! So you go take the standard urine test and then get ready for a third person "background screening" company to get involved. You pass the criminal background and then you're asked for current pay stubs and w2 form from all your last employers along with a copy of your high school diploma (no matter how many years ago it may have been) they basically treat you as if you are a liar even if you supply references and past employers contact information. Not to mention the invasion of privacy by making you send person information to a third party screening company. All this for a position that pays less than the middle class median salary (far less) I'd recommend not even wasting your time. I can only imagine how they treat customers if they treat their employees this way. Pretty crazy.

Interview Questions

Extreme background check invasion of privacy turned me off

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview was with two people, one present and one over the phone. Asked all the standard interview questions. I interviewed at a different location than the one that I was eventually hired at. I thought I was applying for a position at Verizon Wireless and ended up working for Verizon Telecom. I didn't realize that they were basically two different companies.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you changed about your previous place of employment/how did you overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    basically was offered less than I was making at previous employer but with commission. Very soon after being hired I was maxed out at the top pay for my position.

Programmer Interview

as usual. just the usual stuff. inerview went well and it was pretty basic and i answered all the questions. ver y easy and u can crack it. asked questions about div and doms and basic javascript questions.