Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon.

Group activity and two 1-1 interviews in one superday. Not very technical at all, just intense being in a room with other applicants. Everyone is incredibly nice, overall not a bad interview process at all.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon.

5 hour day, two interviews, group project, presentation. The one interview was with an HR guy, basic HR questions. Second was a "technical" interview but I guess they really were more concerned with what you wanted to do and liked since I got no real technical questions at all. The group project was one of those, there are 16 items and you are shipwrecked, rank them yourself and then come together as a group to rank them again. Just remember to not be hostile and talk over people, but make sure you have ideas and make it known when you don't agree.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon.

I was recruited by a former HR director. I submitted my Resume and cover letter. I was called in for a one on one with my potential manager and then called to a one on one with his director.

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

I applied online. Within a couple weeks I got was emailed back to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was pretty standard, mainly HR questions.
    From there, I was invited to a Super Day event at their HQ in Texas where I was set up with 2 interviews, one business related, and another HR related.
    Business interview mainly focused on your resume and projects you have worked on.

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon in March 2015.

The interview process was very swift for me. I was emailed to do an assessment after I applied. Mind you, I applied in December 2014, did not receive email until end of Feb 2015. After, I completed assessment, which is about 2 hrs long. I got a call from their recruiter saying I passed and that I will get a phone call in about 2 days to schedule f2f interview. I got the call the very next day, I am thinking this is really prompt, I like this. I went in for my f2f 2 days later and did the interview. Its is a structural interview and role playing is involved. However, the 2 gentleman I interviewed with were very nice and relaxing. The interview process lasted 45 min this f2f occurred on a Thursday. That following Tuesday, I received an email saying I qualified on the interview and that I will be contacted by a member of their team if I am the selected candidate. That's where I was confused, If I am the selected candidate? ok.... so that was 3 days ago to the date. I don't have any information to Verizon, as everything you get is through and auto email or has no call back information. As of right now, I have been waiting for a call..... with my fingers crossed. I really would like to work for them, but I'm not sure, as I usually hear from them within 2 days, but we will see....

Experience Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon.

After applying online you will receive a call from a recruiter of verizon. There were two phone interviews done with the recruiter; the first was mainly about me and my experience. The second was more company focused, to see if your a good fit with the company. Once you pass phone interviews they will schedule an in store interview with the manger. The in store interview is just a role play followed up with a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asks about you and the company,s credo.

In store interview was role playing

Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in March 2015.

The interview process was very straight forward and professional--they really catered to all of the inters that were visiting during that super day. You will have two one-on-one behavioral interviews and a group interview to assess how well you work with others. You will also be given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • You should be able to say why you want to work for Verizon, as well as be good at answering behavioral interview questions about past situations you have been in   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in March 2015.

The interview process was typical until we got to compensation. Working in 10+ different companies I have never had to prove my income that I provided to the recruiter. At Verizon they have a third-party that does background check including income verification for your current employer. They use other third-party source(work something?). To make a long story short my base compensation is more than just salary and the third-party verifier was only able to verify my base salary. I provided information to the verifier and Verizon to substantiate the additional income. However, since Verizon doesn't offer that type of income source they don't count it as income and now my compensation number I provide is off by several thousand dollars. Worse the recruiters do everything by email and there is no one to discuss this to arrive at a mutual agreement/understanding toward resolving the issue.

All of this is after receiving an offer letter and a verbal agreement to accept the position. So my note to anyone is to check for successful closure on the drug test and the background check(above) before providing your notice to your current employer. Otherwise, you could potentially not have a job that you thought you had.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were straight forward and nothing unexpected for the position.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon.

Quick, Specific. Asked specific questions pertaining to the support role. I was looking for more of a business role, just the wrong job for me. I would give a thumbs up to the overall process. Contacted within a week of applying, simple process.

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Take a seven part assessment that lasts 2 hours. I finished the assessment in one hour. I was able to take the assessment at home. Then I was scheduled for a face to face structured interview. This is the toughest part because they use a booklet and read out of it as if they are administering an exam. It made me so nervous I did terrible. They do role playing and you have to sell the customer the product from XYZ company. They give you a pen and pad to write down the information for the XYZ company. The interview isn't personable at all. I don't think they even care about your personality. If you have call center or phone sales experience then this is the perfect job for you.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions where behavioral and you can't use your own experiences. They give you an example and you have to tell them how you would react to it. Concentrates on sales and customer retention.   View Answer