Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Had to do a video montage online where I had to do five 1-3 minute video recordings answering various behavioral questions. Only one chance per video, no re-submissions. Afterwards was contacted for a phone interview.

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Interviewed with director in October 2001 to convert from contractor manager to Verizon team Engineering manager offered the training courses I had developed for engineering of the fiber optic cabling installation and development.

Interview Questions

• How long I had been in the telecommunications management and the multiple departments   1 Answer

Negotiation

it went well

IT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Had a phone interview schedule but unfortunately it collided with a midterm. I talked to the third party hiring agent that first contacted me and she was very helpful in trying to reschedule. She contacted verizon twice via email asking if there were positions available for candidates who couldn't make the initial interview. They said that they would try to create more positions but at this time it seems unlikely that they will get back to me.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Worked with a recruiter who then connected me with the hiring manager and other team members. Fairly straight forward process. Had to have a background check and drug test before I could join. The offer was as we had negotiated so completing the transaction was simple. Interviews were completed both in person and over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly about my experience and aspirations with my career. It was not an arduous interview process filled with silly, non-relevant questions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

5 hour day, two interviews, group project, presentation. The one interview was with an HR guy, basic HR questions. Second was a "technical" interview but I guess they really were more concerned with what you wanted to do and liked since I got no real technical questions at all. The group project was one of those, there are 16 items and you are shipwrecked, rank them yourself and then come together as a group to rank them again. Just remember to not be hostile and talk over people, but make sure you have ideas and make it known when you don't agree.

Senior Member Technical Staff (Systems Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Not a difficult process. Candidates goes through two interview. First one is with the associate director of the department to go about the basic qualifications needed for the job. If selected for 2nd interview candidate meets with technical lead from the department to go over in depth technical questions related to the job.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Usually there are two phone interviews and if those go well there is an in person interview with a store manager. Interview questions ask about experience, past metrix goals and specific situation questions. Answers need to be about a specific incident, do not give a generic answer explaining what you would do in a certain situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when one of your peers did something against policy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed for automation engineer with 1 or 0 years experience. Not clear about their expectations, HR and interviewers have different versions and expectation about the job role. Interview dates and time were not properly set up. Not clear about what skills they are looking for in a candidate. Not clear about the role, team members and job description. Not clear about the technologies they are using. Didn't get chance to meet rest of the team members. They provided a job id though which was very generic. called for on-sight first and cancelled the phone interview they set up for next day. Do not waste time unless you are sure its worth attending the interview.

Interview Questions

• program to count and remove the duplicates and remove the duplicates in a file   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Group activity and two 1-1 interviews in one superday. Not very technical at all, just intense being in a room with other applicants. Everyone is incredibly nice, overall not a bad interview process at all.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited by a former HR director. I submitted my Resume and cover letter. I was called in for a one on one with my potential manager and then called to a one on one with his director.