Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Consumer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Structured Panel Interview after a series of tests. It was actually fairly simple to go through. The tests were standard typing and math. There was also a comprehension as well as personality quiz followed by a mock call situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a difficult project and how you overcame any obstacles.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel interview and one on one interview with the manager I would be working for. It was intense. they use a lot of proprietary systems so it was hard to research processes.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I don't remember much because this happened few years back but I remember it being fair and practical. Technical interview involving troubleshooting and Cisco commands.Phone interview first followed by in person interview.

Interview Questions

• CCNA questions, troubleshooting and basic Cisco commands.   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I first interviewed in a job fair, very informal. I was called a few months later and interviewed with 2 different managers and eventually the director. The process was a standard as they come with a panel of 2 managers first, and the final interview was with the director.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about experience and customer scenarios, very basic   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

star question format asking questions about past customer experiances and how to handle them. they ask about 5 questions in the interview process. be prepared with a resume and an action plan to get the job you want

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

The hiring process was such BS I was sent an email from my college that they had an opening so I decided to check it out when I got to what I thought was an interview they explained that it was an externship so I applied I received a phone interview within a week then it took another two weeks for me to have a face to face interview with the manager I thought the interview went pretty well they told me I would hear back from them and if not reach out so two weeks went by I didn't hear anything so it reached out to the recruit she told me that I would hear back from them soon another week went by and I emailed her again to inquire it was then that she told me I would not be recieving an offer .Such a Bs job you have to have tons of experience for a job that trains you anyway ?? I don't understand I had 5years plus retail experience anyway over all I had a bad experience with these guys and feel like they pretty much wasted my time .I also forgot that the position i applied for was not the position they interviewed for . I think they have people selected already and just do this big ad that there hiring to make it look good on paper that here hiring but really there not

Interview Questions

• Questions like tell me about a time What do you like to do to relax ? Why did you leave your last job ? Why Verizon ? Why should we choose you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Killeen, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I actually walked into the Verizon store looking to switch back over to them from Sprint. One of the sales reps asked who I worked for and I told him I worked for sprint but I'm currently unemployed, the store manager overhead me and asked if I had a resume. I went home and brought it back same day. He then set up an interview for 2 days later. The interview was more of him talking. I think he asked me 2 questions, and the job was offered to me on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Sat down with upper management and talked about my skills and abilities and also talked about expectations for the role of retail sales representative then demonstrated a mock sales experience with a "customer" who was looking to get a smartphone and some accessories with it.

Interview Questions

• Do you see this as a job or career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gaylord, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Gaylord, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with several behavioral based questions and then some role playing. Once completed, I was selected for a face to face interview. The interviewer was late to our appointment due to a business emergency, but apologized for any inconvenience. He was very friendly and professional. We did some more behavior based questions and role playing on the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your exceeded the expectations of your coworkers and their response.   Answer Question

IT Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Questions were very technical. They were expecting some coding background and they are very heavy test automation. Sat in front of a panel of three people where each had a technical or behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision to not take an action?   Answer Question