Verizon

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
497 candidate interviews

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was lengthy but worth it. It started with a pre-interview by the location manager then a phone interview with HR and then an interview with the DM. All were actually very hard. They asked me very hard questions and really wanted genuine answers and wanted to know that I really wanted to work for the company and wanted a career and not just a temporary job. They gave me a contigent offer. It is contigent upon a thorough background check. I was pretty nervous through the whole process but the location manager really made me comfortable by answering my phone calls through the whole process and keeping me posted about what was next. I have to say that this experience was very meticulous but worth every second. Im so happy to be working for the company. I start training in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What does the verizon credo mean to you?   View Answer
  • 900 people applied for this position. we interviewed 75. why should we pick you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered because it was what i wanted.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in August 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and was granted my first panel interview (more like a meet and greet) in one of the Verizon Wireless locations in the city. From there, I had a second panel interview with HR reps where I was so offended by some of the most pointless, idiotic questions I have ever been asked in an interview. I nearly demanded an apology from the both of them for wasting my time.

Interview Question – Name a time you submitted an idea that was rejected or failed.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for a Engineering Position and several months later i was contacted by email to set up a phone interview a week later. I took the phone interview and the first part was mostly character questions and then the technical part was very indepth. I was a bit suprised by how indepth it was seeing that it was in entry level position. I answered at least 15 technical questions and then the interview thanked me for my time and that was it.

Interview Question – Describe the difference between WAN and LAN networks and how they would affect wireless communication networks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was in four parts, the most difficult was the skills assessment test which was online. The phone interview was informative and the in person interview consisted of two separate interviews with Situation, Actions and Results type questions and sitting with an associate of the company for 30 minutes to see what the job entails.
Everyone there was very nice, but they promised me they would call me in two days, it's been three weeks and I haven't heard back from the company. I left 3 messages and 3 emails contacting the HR department with no return call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were faced with a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you found a reporting error and what steps you took to correct it. What were the results of your actions?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview

Interview Question – what drives you?   Answer Question

Hanover, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in August 2011.

Interview Details – This was undoubtedly the most arduous hiring process I have experienced. I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. I also received a company credo in the email. There were four parts to the hiring process. The first part was a phone interview. I was asked the following. Why Verizon? Where do you want to be in five years? Why are you looking to resign from your current position? What do you think about the company credo? Give an example when you convinced a customer to pick you over your competitors. Give an example when you had a change in a job and how you adapted. Give an example how you learned something online in a past job and applied it to a job. Describe the position you are applying for. The second part was to take a test at the call center. I entered a large building that read Verizon on it. There were other applicants in the waiting room. Everyone (including myself) dressed professionally. The test is unrelated to the job. It is about logic. There are some questions about fishing. For example, you have to decide how the fish will behave if a certain type of bait is used. The best advice I can give you is to take notes on the pen and paper they give you prior to taking the fish section. Also, there were some customer situations and your reactions were important like multitasking. Part three was another phone interview. These were the questions that were asked. Why are you interested in this position? Why are you planning to resign? How do you keep track of things in a job? How do you deal with a company change in the past? What is your interpretation of this job and the schedule? What do you like most and least about your previous jobs? Have you been supervised at work and how? Why you left each job? What skills you use to build rapport? How do you solve errors in a job? How would you handle a difficult customer? Give an example of when you had conflicting issues. The final part was an in person interview. What is your biggest strength? Why are you looking to leave? How would you deal with a difficult customer? Give an example how you dealt with a difficult customer. Give an example of how you sold something to a customer. What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs? What were your duties at your previous jobs? Furthermore, I had to listed to hypothetical customer calls and analyze each call. I was offered the position contingent upon passing the drug test (which I passed) and employment verification (which I failed). The offer was rescinded because I was unable to provide pay stubs or W-2 for an employer that I worked for that went out of business. I am uncertain how I was supposed to give that information if that employer no longer exists.

Interview Questions

• First phone interview:
  • Second phone interview:
  • Final in person interview:
    What is your biggest strength? Why are you looking to leave? How would you deal with a difficult customer? Give an example how you dealt with a difficult customer. Give an example of how you sold something to a customer. What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs? What were your duties at your previous jobs? Hypothetical customer calls.

Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a difficult and tedious process. 1st step- long and involved web application(may be browser issues) 2nd step-Half an hour phone interview. Third Step- A basic skills test given at a testing center. 4th step a mock customer service interview done by computer. 5th Step- In person interview with managers.

Interview Question – Did I have moving violations on my license? They perform a thorough background check and a drug test   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered me a great package and I took it!!!

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Fiber Customer Support Analyst
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in February 2013.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume. Two days later a Verizon recruiter called me asking to do a phone interview the following day. He called back the next day and we conducted the phone interview which consisted of about 30 min. of behavioral questions? (Tell me about a time when you were working with another co-worker that wasn't pulling their weight and what you did about it?) At the end of the interview he told me the interview went well and he will tell the hiring managers to proceed with the next steps. He then sent me an email with a link to setup 2 tests at a local college.

The first one was a Talent Skills Assessment which had a 60 min. time limit on it. (that test consisted of math problems and scenario questions) If you pass the first test, you then take the Computer & Internet Knowledge Test which is similar to the A+ Certification Test with a lot of networking questions and a 45 min. time limit. After the test it asked me to setup a In-Person Interview. I scheduled that for the following day.

It was a panel interview with 3 people on the other side of table with one of them being the Supervisor for the position. The panel interview was a structured interview (which is a set of questions from a booklet that they ask every person interviewing. That way it is fair and everyone gets the same questions.) They said they were hiring for 10 positions and it would be a few weeks until I heard a decision.

After 6 weeks I finally got a call offering me the position with a training start date 3 weeks away.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to complete a project with no training or concept of how it works, and how you handled the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered me the max pay rate for that position based on my previous experience.

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager
Ashburn, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in September 2013.

Interview Details – Internal movement is VP mandated, employees are not consulted.

Interview Question – Unfortunately, I have not been interviewed for any position.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in January 2013.

Interview Details – You start off filling out just a simple employment questionnaire on their website. General questions about your employment history were asked in this step, nothing too detailed. Once your basic credentials were approved, you were emailed an actual application to fill out on their site to submit along with your resume. After that, if your application/resume meets their requirements, you are to fill out another questionnaire that gathers more knowledge about your integrity as a person and your aptitude in general. Once that is completed and accepted, you are then sent to a testing session at a local site, usually a hotel. If you pass the testing, you are set up for an interview, only after you pass a satisfactory drug screening analysis. The interview process is a two step process depending on the time the company has to hire their new employees. If the company is pressed for hiring time, they will only interview you once and if they like you, you will be offered a position.

Interview Question – How do you get a customer to trust you when every other representative has said the same thing and you don't know how to fix their problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. They offered a competitive salary and I quickly accepted.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!