Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Contract Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon in October 2013.

The hiring manager's lower level employee sent me an Outlook meeting request for an interview less than 1 hour before the start time. There were two lower level employee's of the hiring manager that interviewed me by phone. They asked for a presentation. They asked about experience, accomplishments and what I would do differently in my career.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in September 2013.

I showed up 15 minutes early and NO ONE greeted me. The security guard called the personnel rep I was supposed to interview with, she was unavailable. I waited for 30 minutes and she never showed. I got a voicemail from her a couple of hours later with a lame apology. She asked me to drive the 25 miles back out the next day for another interview. I declined. Why work for a company when they obviously don't care enough about the interview process to even show up?

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Multiple steps to get hired. First you have to know the correct code before you can do the initial tests. It's helpful if you know someone who works at the company cause the code is only in major newpaper ads. Take a written test as well a data entry test on your skills. Next is a phone interview and finally they schedule you for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    Doesn't apply. The position was under contract thru the union.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in January 2013.

You start off filling out just a simple employment questionnaire on their website. General questions about your employment history were asked in this step, nothing too detailed. Once your basic credentials were approved, you were emailed an actual application to fill out on their site to submit along with your resume. After that, if your application/resume meets their requirements, you are to fill out another questionnaire that gathers more knowledge about your integrity as a person and your aptitude in general. Once that is completed and accepted, you are then sent to a testing session at a local site, usually a hotel. If you pass the testing, you are set up for an interview, only after you pass a satisfactory drug screening analysis. The interview process is a two step process depending on the time the company has to hire their new employees. If the company is pressed for hiring time, they will only interview you once and if they like you, you will be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get a customer to trust you when every other representative has said the same thing and you don't know how to fix their problem?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. They offered a competitive salary and I quickly accepted.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

I first met a recruiter at a job conference. This was follow up with a phone interview. Next, they flew me to HQ and I interviewed with about 5 people individually then a panel to discuss the pre-assignment that was provided to me as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were technical questions that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question
    A week later they informed me that they would like to offer me the positions and providing me with salary and compensation details. I was young and was just excited that an offer was made. No real negotiating, with the exception that I ask if I could provide them with an answer by the end of the week.

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

1:1 interview

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

Several educational and skill tests

No negotiation

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in September 2013.

Internal movement is VP mandated, employees are not consulted.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I have not been interviewed for any position.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in November 2010.

I applied online for a Engineering Position and several months later i was contacted by email to set up a phone interview a week later. I took the phone interview and the first part was mostly character questions and then the technical part was very indepth. I was a bit suprised by how indepth it was seeing that it was in entry level position. I answered at least 15 technical questions and then the interview thanked me for my time and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between WAN and LAN networks and how they would affect wireless communication networks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

The interview process was in four parts, the most difficult was the skills assessment test which was online. The phone interview was informative and the in person interview consisted of two separate interviews with Situation, Actions and Results type questions and sitting with an associate of the company for 30 minutes to see what the job entails.
    Everyone there was very nice, but they promised me they would call me in two days, it's been three weeks and I haven't heard back from the company. I left 3 messages and 3 emails contacting the HR department with no return call.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were faced with a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you found a reporting error and what steps you took to correct it. What were the results of your actions?   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!