Verizon

Average Difficulty
496 candidate interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – The interviewing process is fair. It is done by a series of tests andif you pass the test and the background check, you get the job. They don't waste your time.

Negotiation Details – They used a salary/experience grid and based on your work history, they have a set pay. Because it is a sales job and I have sales experience, I was offered the max...even though I didn't have a college degree.

Retal Sales Representative Interview

Retal Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Applied on their website about a month ago. Got a random email from them last week, asking to set up a phone interview. Took 1st phone interview yesterday. Basic questions about background, prior work history, why I want to work with Verizon, my strengths, etc. Pretty standard initial screening.

Had my 2nd phone interview today. Again, we went over my background, prior work history and such. And then the interviewer provided about 3-4 situations where I had to ''describe a prior work experience where ...'' Questions were 1) a time when you needed to learn something you didn't already know to help a customer 2) a time where I was pressured for time and meeting a deadline and how i responded 3) a time where an important project dictated my pay and how I handled it 4) a time when dealing with an irate customer

Answered all of them based on legit, real world experiences from my jobs. Question #3 was the last question she asked me. After I finished explaining, the interview ended rather abruptly. She then asked if I was still interested, which of course i answered, 'yes'. She then told me that there were 2 open positions at different locations, both within my range and that a manager from one of those locations will reach out to me for a 3rd, face to face interview within the next few days. I guess it could go either way; either she figured I was suitable or she was tired of listening to me, haha. I felt confident up until the abrupt ending, but we'll see what happens in the next few days

Both interviews lasted about 40min.

Legal Analyst Interview

Legal Analyst

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – I was first called by someone in the HR department to schedule a short phone interview. During the phone interview, we discussed my resume and she stated she would provide a summary of that to the hiring manager. Then the hiring manager called and scheduled an in person interview. That interview lasted about 1 hour and was full of questions.

Interview Question – Have you ever done something wrong and not caught it in time? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – Thirty minute interview over the phone. A few weeks later, they flew me out to their headquarters for a second round interview. The second round consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Name a few industry trends you have observed and tell me how you think Verizon is positioned to address each trend in the future.   Answer Question

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Corporate Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Took months to get this done.

Interview Question – Technology based questions. They want there sales people to be more technical than the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short

IT Entry Interview

IT Entry

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – The in person interview was two part with a behavioral and technical interview. The behavioral was conducted by a HR manager while the technical portion was conducted by IT professionals within the company. They asked general questions to start the interview, and then dove into the details to gauge your experiences, and your depth of knowledge.

The interviews lasted 1 hour total. The interviewers were friendly, and have patience as your think of a good answer so don't have to rush your answers. The technical questions will vary depending on what position you are interested in. ie If you are apply to a specific programming position you will asked questions about that language or specific field.

Interview Question – Why did you join Verizon? What are your specific strengths?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – a lot of testing is involved. if you don't pass pole climbing you are terminated. the same goes with all of the other job training. you aren't a real employee until you pass all schools and tests. I don't know how they interview now because it's been so long.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – Was a little bit of a mess - Slow response time to my resume, and delayed responses between interviews. Process seemed slightly off-the-cuff and bureaucratic.

Interview Question – What type of customer may need a 50 MBp/s connection vs a 15 MBp/s connection?   Answer Question

Senior Client Service Manager Interview

Senior Client Service Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – 1st contact over Linked In from a poland based recruiting firm, very professional phone inteviews (2) which concluded in a personal 1 hour marathon interview in Luxembourg.
HR Benelux is / local is very useless..... and I am polite here.

Interview Question – nothing out of te unusual
greatest achievements, weaknesses, this kind of stuff
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simply stated what I had and that the offer needed to be comparable

Electrical Engineering Internship Interview

Electrical Engineering Internship

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – I was asked for an interview after applying for the internship through my school's career center. The Interview consisted of a 45 min behavioral interview and then another 45 min technical interview. The first interview was very standard. However, the second interview consisted of me and two interviewers crammed in a small room. They took turns asking me questions. They both seemed to have a specific position in mind for me, but I wasn't interested in it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had trouble debugging a program.

Is there anything not on your resume you would like to tell us about?
  Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!