Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Consumer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Structured Panel Interview after a series of tests. It was actually fairly simple to go through. The tests were standard typing and math. There was also a comprehension as well as personality quiz followed by a mock call situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a difficult project and how you overcame any obstacles.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (Dubuque, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Short interview, quick to get back to me. Slow with starting training. I found the position online, the recruiter got back to me quickly with an accurate description of pay and benefits. I responded a couple weeks later, but still got an interview quickly. Interview was short and simple. Looked up company's credo and mission to prepare, they want a competitive and outgoing personality. Professional appearance and attire is a MUST. Spend time on resume, they liked obvious effort.

Interview Questions

• Experience with technology, customer service experience, ability with sales   Answer Question

Content Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon (Hilliard, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen and then in-person at the Hilliard office. I interviewed with two managers who took turns asking questions. I was able to show work samples from past projects. We had some free time for general discussion. I asked questions about the role and typical workday.

IT Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Questions were very technical. They were expecting some coding background and they are very heavy test automation. Sat in front of a panel of three people where each had a technical or behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision to not take an action?   Answer Question

Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Two to three interviews with different levels of management and an HR person. Most questions are behavioral and some are personality based. The purpose of the questions are to find situations that you have had a direct impact on improving. Extra pressure is put on you in response to your questions to see how you react to being challenged and and put on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you two of your colleagues had a disagreement or argument and you were able to help bring about a peaceful resolution.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2011.

Interview

Conversation about my expectations about my professional life, my former Jobs, my education, etc. HR recruiter analyzed and commented each point fo my CV, and asked me to talk a little about my each previous experiences. He asked me to write a letter in English and another in Portuguese, and passed me to another level (Technical)

Interview Questions

• Do you have worked with Cloud Computing Before?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Generally a first round pre-screen with HR. Then typically one or two rounds of interviews with a Manager and Director in the group. The initial screen is generally a walk me through your resume interview with a few probing questions. Nothing too intense. The most rigorous portion of the interview will be the 1:1 with the Associate Director or Manager. Most of the interview questions are situational. The follow up with the Director will be a formality but just a second check to make sure you are professional and articulate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were tell us about a time when... structure. An example would be something like, tell me about a time when you were presented with a task with unclear instructions. What did you do? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Structured interview process based on work experiences using the SAR (Situation, Action Result) answering method. Typically will have 1-2 people interviewing you in person or by phone if you are in the same city.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above an beyond your typical functions and or duties to get a desired result?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this particular position?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

They did not contact me despite high qualifications other than sales. I filled out a 1 hour survey. The questions were ambiguous so you need to pay good attention.

Interview Questions

• There are very detailed survey questions online about how you handle interactions.   Answer Question

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I met one on one with my interviewer where he reviewed resume and discussed qualifications. we talked about my past experience and discussed my background and college education. The interview was very casual and I believe it was a sizing up of my personality and my professionalism. I asked a few questions as well about the position and the company, such as the management style and corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• How proficient were my computer skills?   1 Answer
    • What are my strengths and attributes?   1 Answer