Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Finance Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The questions asked in the Interview are random and vary by Manager.
    Verizon Wireless appears to use the Star Method for interviewing but the Corporate and Wireline side of the company appears to let the Manager determine what questions are most important to them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter, set up interview and computer skills test. Came in with 10 other applicants, went in to a computer lab and took a skills test on typing, problem solving and stress test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when in the work place something didn't work the way you wanted it to, what did you, how did you handle the issue?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

A simple phone interview looking for leadership qualities. Then invited to NJ to their headquarters for a 45 min "marketing" interview and a 45 min behavioral interview...both asked the exact same behavioral questions. Got a response in less than a week.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Interview

Very quick succession of interviews including 1:1 and panel interviews. Then no response to emails, phone calls or other inquiries for 4 months. Obviously not interested in follow up to their investment in time and resources interviewing candidates.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Usually there are two phone interviews and if those go well there is an in person interview with a store manager. Interview questions ask about experience, past metrix goals and specific situation questions. Answers need to be about a specific incident, do not give a generic answer explaining what you would do in a certain situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when one of your peers did something against policy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Mayaguez, PR) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on campus and receive a call from an HR person shortly for a screening. I was ask a couple of behavioral questions and my relocation preferences. It was very short about 15 min, later on I receive an email to make a video montage answering 5 questions, one video for each (no more than 3min) and submitting them using a link they gave me and my Verizon account. I put on a suit and practice until I got a video that I felt good with. They give me 3 days to answer them.

After submitting the answers they took about a week to call me back and ask if I was able to go next week to their HQ in NJ for they "super interview day" or something like that. Unfortunately the day after the interview the flights were canceled for bad weather and the "super day" as well.
    Long story short, they end up giving me two Skype like interview the same day back to back, 50 min on the first one with 2 managers from the areas where I was most likely to work on and about 15 min with an HR representative.

They managers ask about everything on my resume, details about my previous experiences like under which development framework I worked and which tools I used how did I made use of an specific coding language and what could have improve my developing process.
    Nothing technical really.
    HR was as expected focus on behavioral like questions, situations where I had to take leadership and how did I do it.

A couple of days later I received a call with an offer. I had to take a drug test no later than 48hrs from the phone offer and answer if I accept it or not within a week.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Verizon?   Answer Question
    • What are your short/long-term plans/goals?   Answer Question
    • Please tell me a little bit about some of your past internship, work, research and/or community involvement.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to complete several tasks or projects in a short period of time? What did you do to get the work done and how did it turn out?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a team project in which you had a leadership role or responsibilities. What challenges did you face in that role?   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Mesa, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. About a week later I was called to schedule a phone interview. Completed the phone interview with the recruiter (they ask you to role-play a sale using product information that is emailed to you) and was told immediately that they were interested in scheduling an in-store interview. Questions were fairly typical but it's good to drop some stuff from the Credo (emailed to you by the recruiter). After the store interview I was called by the district manager for another phone interview. After his go-ahead (that same day) I was called to schedule a drug screening and give background check information. After the drug screening was complete I was enrolled in training.

Interview Questions

• What part of the Credo stands out most to you?   1 Answer
    • Think of a time where you went above and beyond for a customer that initially came to you with a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate payment.

Senior Member Technical Staff (Systems Engineer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Not a difficult process. Candidates goes through two interview. First one is with the associate director of the department to go about the basic qualifications needed for the job. If selected for 2nd interview candidate meets with technical lead from the department to go over in depth technical questions related to the job.

Software Engineer New Graduates Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Interview

My interview went very well all the interviewers very happy. The lady that took behavioral interview was very excited to have me on board. I got an email 2 days after interview that they liked my profile and asked me if i am still interested in position. I replied immediately with a yes and they said they will try to map a position for me. Its been 4 months now and still they are not able to map a position for me. Very disappointed with their hiring process. I don't think I would ever apply to that company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Brunswick, ME) in June 2014.

Interview

it was fairly laid back they it started somewhat formal and as the interview went along it became much more warm. it starts as the basic first phone interview where they ask questions about your past work experience and your resume. after that you have a second phone interview where they ask questions personality based questions. there is a third interview which is the final interview is where you have a one on one with a manager on site at a verizon store and it is pretty much a recap of the first two interviews mixed with them just trying to find out if they will like you or not. if you get through all of that you will have a drug screening and a background test which if you pass you have the job.

Interview Questions

• what are some of your strengths   1 Answer