Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Consumer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in November 2011.

Interview

Very long and tedious. Initial application was submitted online. Followed that with an IQ test and a personality test. Following that was a test of on the job skills. Then was the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult work situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Aptitude Test followed by a group discussion. Then a one on one technical interview and finally an HR interview. Asked me about my family..Why verizon..will i accept another offer and so on.

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Long and tedious. First there were 2 HR screeners, neither of which had any comprehension of the skills needed for the position. Neither knew or cared about my professional credential PMP. However when I actually met with the hiring manager and his boss, both were impressed and actually offered me a different position in another division. At a level equal to the original hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a hostile sub-contractor   1 Answer

Negotiation

Kept my requests to a minimal. Salary level and projected advancement opportunities. Also requested they pay for two conferences I wanted to attend, one if which I am an officer of.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel interview and one on one interview with the manager I would be working for. It was intense. they use a lot of proprietary systems so it was hard to research processes.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

They showed up at my campus and I handed my resume to a recruiter. A week later they wanted an interview in their Orlando location. Before the traditional interview, they did a phone interview asking to review my resume.

Interview Questions

• Which extracurricular activities that you participate in do you believe will help you be successful in this job?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I don't remember much because this happened few years back but I remember it being fair and practical. Technical interview involving troubleshooting and Cisco commands.Phone interview first followed by in person interview.

Interview Questions

• CCNA questions, troubleshooting and basic Cisco commands.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Straight to the point. Didnt last very long. I was told to prepare for the interview. They called and asked a few questions pertaining to my resume. They also asked about background and drug screening if I would be ok with it.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasnt one

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Greensboro, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Took an online assessment. Got an email saying that i have meet minimal requirements and would like to schedule a face to face interview. Went to the interview a few on 08/05/15. Had one interview with recruiter and a panel interview with the dm and 3 other store managers. Still waiting to hear back

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical sales/customer service type of interview... They asked about how you'd deal with an irate customer, previous sales scenarios and a few basic HR related questions. The first two interviews I had were over the phone, and then I had an in person interview in one of the stores. After the face to face interview they reached out to me with a job offer 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had to deal with a very difficult/angry customer. What did you do to diffuse the situation? Did the customer leave pleased with the service they received from you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I first interviewed in a job fair, very informal. I was called a few months later and interviewed with 2 different managers and eventually the director. The process was a standard as they come with a panel of 2 managers first, and the final interview was with the director.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about experience and customer scenarios, very basic   Answer Question