Verizon

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Solutions Specialist/Retail Sales Interview

The interview process to get into Verizon is pretty intensive and long, but thats only because they invest a lot in their employees immediately. The whole process lasted about a month, maybe a little longer. You start with a phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour and included some sales roll play. Then you interview with the manager and assistant manager at the store. Theres also some sales roll play in this step but their more or less looking at your personality rather than sales skills. After that, you have an interview with a DM, mine was by phone and it was more him telling me about the company than an interview. You then get a background check amd drug test...if all is good you start training. The process was a pain but understandable for all the benefits and training received as soon as you start. Verizon really invests in their employees and wants to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to do a sales roll play in my phone interview.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Your hourly rate is set and you earn commission on top of that.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Applied to their website. Got a behavioral phone call in the following month. Second round invitation to Basking Ridge, NJ where they flew me out. 1 behavioral interview and 1 technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you faced a challenge with teammates and how you overcame them.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

SOC Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon.

Total 3 rounds
    1 technical
    2 HR
    3 Online test for Grammar

Not so difficult to crack, its an average and simple interview process.I have cleared all the rounds, but still they are saying its on hold.

Interview Questions
    • I have cleared all the rounds, but still they are saying its on hold.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Had phone interview with an agent from a recruiting firm within 2 weeks applying online and later went to an HQ for two in person interviews, one business/technical and one HR.

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in November 2014.

I applied online November 12 and got an email from a recruiter the following telling me he likes my background and will like to move me for to next level of the interview but i had to answer some questions via email.

I got another email 30 mins after answering his questions with a link to take the three part assessment test. which was quite easy but time consuming.

I got a call the following week requesting for a face2face interview which was a panel of two. They just want to know your problem solving skills.

I got an email the following day saying my status on the interview was qualified and a recruiter will call me if i'm selected. I got a call from the recruiter the following week asking me questions about my previous employer and education.

They are really thorough with their background check. Every information on resume should be true.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work on a project which you had no prior training for?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, got the maximum pay

Affiliate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabang (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabang (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in July 2013.

Initial Phone Interview with HR about details and will provide location if invited for personal interview, Initial testing involving technical knowledge. 3 rounds of panel interview consist of at least 2 person including technical and behavioural question involving your past experiences with a series of question that were sometimes scripted. After evaluation, interview with the higher management will be schedule and determine if you will pass towards job offer. After being successfully selected, HR interview will be again being conducted for the job offer and being introduced together with the benefits. After confirmation, there will be a third party who will conduct background check for the previous employees and will be given a schedule of medical examination. After completion of the background check and medical exam, first date will be communicated through email with an HR officer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult conflict you handled effectively   Answer Question

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Received a phone call about a month after applying from a recruiter in Nebraska and gave her all my info. After going back and fourth on the phone for a few days, I was passed off to a recruiter in Texas where I had to provide all my info. over again plus how I could fit into the role. We finally scheduled the on-site interview. When I arrived for the interview it started out mostly conversational about what role they are trying to fill and how my experience and background could fit. It lasted about 30 minutes and then I was handed a general IT security test to complete within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Analyze this raw payload data and tell us what the attacker tried to do and when.   Answer Question
    The recruiter asked where I wanted to be salary wise. I told her and she came back a couple days later with an offer very close to what I wanted plus bonus, which I wasn't expecting. I didn't need to negotiate any further.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Applied online and received call about three days later to set up interview. Did a skill and personality test was not difficult. Then had one on one interview. Usually questions strength and weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations

Engineer A Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

General questions were asked about my previous experiences. I was asked how much was i expecting in terms of compensation. I was asked if I had any experience with the products they used in data circuit provisioning and activation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

They called for a short phone interview. It seemed more just to make sure that I qualified for the interview on site. They then scheduled an on-site interview one week later and there had me meet with two team managers and have thirty minute interviews with them. After the interview they gave a tour of their facilities and then it was done. They called me two business days later saying they would have an offer to me by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. Helped to know a lot about the company and the industry.   Answer Question
    They were slow to get back to any questions I had. They would tell me that they would get back to me on a certain day and it would always be two days later than that.