Verizon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in December 2013.

Interview Details – Has three rounds of interview. First round to check your coding skills, Second round to Validate your skills earned through your experience and Third one is the Managerial Round. Much questions were focused on Scala, Play framework. The Second round of interview was focused on the knowledge of implementation.

Interview Question – Data structure implementation in Java.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate happens between the Employer and the Contracting company

Call Center Manager Interview

Call Center Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Interview Details – Standard situation, action and results interview. Very helpful to provide data whenever possible. Education is important with some hiring execs while experience is also valued. If you have a leave behind or examples of documentation

Negotiation Details – It was fair

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Verizon in December 2010.

Interview Details – There is a 4 step testing process, if all tests passed then you will get a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The first test is a basic knowledge test including english and math questions.

Interview Question – tests   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Initial screening call with recruiter, then no contact for 3 weeks. Got a phone interview to present a business plan. Then in person interview with hiring manager and one level above.

Interview Question – I wish they had asked about my technical background in telecom because it was so critical to the position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Technician Interview

Customer Service Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online, within a week I was able to set up my assessment tested I needed. Took them and passed them, next I was called by scheduling department for manager interview. Interview was in STAR format with about 7 questions or so. Passed it. Felt really good about everything, the manager made it seem like he liked me, so figured I was in. Next day received email indicating I passed interview, and haven't heard nothing since. Have applied for other position, but no word yet.

Interview Question – Question were like other from phone companies, so I knew what to aspect.   Answer Question

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Fiber Customer Support Analyst
Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Interview Details – About 72 hours after I submitted my resume and application I was contacted by a recruiter to discuss the position in question. We had a brief phone interview and proceeded to schedule a test for basic skills and networking knowledge. I was later able to schedule a structured interview with two people asking me questions about experience pertaining to how I handle difficult situations and their outcomes.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult Co worker and the steps you took to get the job done and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Marketing Support Analyst Interview

Marketing Support Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Interview with recruiter
Interview with HR
Interview with Hiring Team
Very Long Process over a few months... was never contacted after final interview. This was one of the more drawn out processes. 1 month in between 1st and 2nd interview at least.

Interview Question – What data analysis in your previous job experience would be applicable to this job. Tell me about a time questions. The questions were all the same for every candidate. The interviewer was reading off of a prompt. They wanted an extreme, borderline excessive amount of detail within the answers.   Answer Question

Specialist - Installation and Maintenance Interview

Specialist - Installation and Maintenance
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – If you go through a contractor agency, you may be lucky if it turns permanent with the company. You will probably go through a technical screening interview first. If you pass, the next interview will be a standardized one.

Interview Question – You will probably be asked about a difficult situation in a position where you went above and beyond to work around it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase - I was hired as a contractor turned employee.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dublin, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Got position through a temp-to-hire agency once I graduated from college. All I had to do, mainly, was show up and do the job. Show that I had the ability to do the work, which was to resolve customer's cellular issues and so in a polite and professional manner. Also demonstrated my abilities to work with various computer programs.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just showed them I could do the job after working there as a temp-to-hire for 2-3 months.

Affiliate Engineer Interview

Affiliate Engineer
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was one on one. Verizon uses a behavioral interview mixed with a typical structural interview. The interview starts out structural but then switches to behavioral about a quarter of the way into the process. I have had three interviews for higher level management. The higher level of employment the more behavioral the interview becomes.

Interview Question – What to do with a specific situation. "Give me an example of when you needed to get others to accept your ideas in order to complete specific project."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.