Verizon

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

I didn't realize, but I had already been chosen by the recruiting agency based on my resume. I had the significant experience in the IT industry working as part of a Finance team that they were looking for. Interview was 15 minutes to explain and discuss logistics of the job to me.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon.

Normal for sales why should I hire you, what can you bring to the company, do you work well under pressure. Asked about my past jobs and how I handled different situations, Told them about my work abroud and working with people who didnt speak english.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if someone said no and how would you over come it   Answer Question
    he said he would pay me x and I said sure.

Solutions Specialist Interview

3 step interview, HR, Store Manager, District Manager. Each level is a lot of the same questions just worded differently. Make sure you go over the companies creedo. Use that to your advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Standard sales questions, tell my about a time questions.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist/Retail Sales Interview

The interview process to get into Verizon is pretty intensive and long, but thats only because they invest a lot in their employees immediately. The whole process lasted about a month, maybe a little longer. You start with a phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour and included some sales roll play. Then you interview with the manager and assistant manager at the store. Theres also some sales roll play in this step but their more or less looking at your personality rather than sales skills. After that, you have an interview with a DM, mine was by phone and it was more him telling me about the company than an interview. You then get a background check amd drug test...if all is good you start training. The process was a pain but understandable for all the benefits and training received as soon as you start. Verizon really invests in their employees and wants to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to do a sales roll play in my phone interview.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Your hourly rate is set and you earn commission on top of that.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Multiple interviews, including role playing test calls. Initial meeting was just for completing forms and questioners. Second meeting was role playing on the phone with live employees at remote locations posing as customers, and a short one-on-one interview. Results are mailed to you informing you that either you have not been offered a position or telling you when and where to report for "training".

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were oriented towards how you would overcome customer's objections, such as "I have a cell phone & don't need a landline"   View Answer
    No negotiating. Set corporate/union negotiated salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in January 2015.

Applied online and about a week later received an email Congratulating me on making it to schedule a phone interview. It also included some company information. 1 day later I had my phone interview around 5 pm. The interviewer was kind and it lasted about 45 minutes. He asked questions about describing the role, my goals, why verizon, a time I had to choose between difficult priorities. At the end I asked good questions that had him relate to me. He then scheduled me to com in the next day to take the assessment. Don't worry too much about the "fish question" just pay attention and you'll be fine. They said the test could take up to three hours it was 7 sections and included typing speed, logic, multitasking, data entry. I was the first to finish and they said they would call to tell us if we passed. Got the call I passed one hour later and someone would call me to schedule the face to face later. I got that call and scheduled for a day later. I waited for about 10 min in lobby and then my interviewer and I went into a room. She told me there were some levels of progression but when you start out you don't get a great shift 2pm-11pm and in a call center they work most holidays and weekends. Understandable. Interview include a few short basic questions like my precious jobs, difficult customer, and priorities, what I felt was the most difficult thing about the position? Then we had timed role-play where I had to convince her purchasing Verizon products. Ended on a good note with great rapport. I applied for another Verizon position and was about to do my phone interview when he said he couldn't because I already got the other position. Someone should call me with an offer.

Interview Questions

Shift/Salary..Was offered a more promising position with a pay difference of $8k

Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

star method of interviewing prep for that and you might get in. star method practice the situation task action response scenario and you will be a winner a test is mandatory call a utb test.

Interview Questions
    • Run down the star questions and have responses to them   Answer Question
    union job

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

This was a very quick process. I applied for the job on a Tuesday morning, had a phone interview that afternoon. Then, I was instructed that I would be sent an email for a video interview through Montage. Was quite interesting. I was asked three basic questions (tell us about a time when...). Then, the following Friday I was contacted to schedule a Skype interview (since I live about 600 miles away from their headquarters). I scheduled my interview for two weeks later on a Friday. In the Skype interview I was asked scenario based questions (tell me about a time when you had to work in a group, tell me about a time you had to work on something with little time, etc.). They also asked about my prior experience and if I was knowledgeable in SAP, Excel, and Access.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with an uncooperative co-worker   View Answer

I had another offer with a company close to home for $10,000 more.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Applied for the job, got an email to schedule a phone interview, completed phone interview, scheduled face to face interview Talked to them about my work history and my personal history and how it applied to the job i was applying for.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Applied to their website. Got a behavioral phone call in the following month. Second round invitation to Basking Ridge, NJ where they flew me out. 1 behavioral interview and 1 technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you faced a challenge with teammates and how you overcame them.   Answer Question
    No negotiations