Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

applied, did online assessment, phone interview, and then group interview with GM of several stores. The group interview was the worst part and I felt like I was treated rudely. I was intervewed by some of the rudest mangers I've ever met. I was excited about my interview but honestly after it Im more happy that I won't get a call back

Interview Questions

• I was grilled and basically treated like I can't sale, even though I come from a sales background and even though the recruiter and phone interview was good, the group panel interview I went through is enough to make me never want to apply to Verizon again, I can't believe how rude those so called GMs were. I'll never want to work for someone like that.   Answer Question
    • What are you motivated by?   1 Answer

Network Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (Durham, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview with me and 3 technical skills reviewers. I dialed into a phone bridge and was asked questions about network security topics. This included questions about firewalls, routing protocols, intrusion detection and more. A few days later I was asked to make an on-site visit where I had a second interview which was as technical as the phone interview if not more. I found out a few days later that I was not selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• Technical network security questions followed by standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews and 4 in-person interviews. Despite being told that I excelled during the interview, no affirmative information was given, even when I asked when to expect to hear back. It took 3 months to get an offer and they were not flexible about the salary at all, so don't expect them to budge with whatever they offer to you.

Interview Questions

• They read verbatim from a script when asking interview questions. They are very generic and assess your past work history.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

Written exam and HR interview. The interview was a two-part process that was done over a 2 to 3 week period. The lengthiest piece of the process was the background check. The do check all references and skill sets.The written exam was more to the job skill set than IQ.

Chat Tech Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Elgin, IL).

Interview

The interviews and assessment are really straight forward especially if you have previous interview/customer service experience. The hiring process is kind of long due to the thorough background check. Be sure to be as proactive as possible, and also stay in contact with your HR Rep through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is open development? Name a time when... Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate. I was actually offered more than expected

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Had to do a video montage online where I had to do five 1-3 minute video recordings answering various behavioral questions. Only one chance per video, no re-submissions. Afterwards was contacted for a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Easy interview.. But hiring manager is not someone with whom i would want to work with..He was asking questions and screaming me in that process..as if I was his employee already..He was not even ready to listen to my explanation since he has some pre-conceived answer.. He is not knowledgable either and i for sure don't want to work with one such manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult.. You can answer all those questions if you have 1 year of experience..   Answer Question

Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Manteca, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online 4/13/15 then got an E-mail from a recruiter to take an online assessment 4/24/15 after the assessment the recruiter had called 4/28/15 to do over the phone interview/questionnaire of my skills. Then recruiter forwarded my stuff to HR so they could set me up with a f2f interview with the hiring manager which was 5/8/15. I had the f2f it seemed to go well a few days after interview 5/13/15 I received an email saying that my interview was QUALIFIED. I touched bases with the recruiter 5/14/15 and she said that they were finishing up interviews and the hiring manager should be picking 2 candidates soon and if I was chosen I would receive a call from HR. It has been 7 business days since my interview and I haven't heard anything so I guess I am out of the running for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through Linked in and was contacted by the recruiter. The whole process took 3 weeks. The first round was a phone screening interview for 45 minutes. The questions were mainly based on my resume. After that they scheduled on-site interview which had 4 rounds. The recruiting co-coordinator had messed up the schedule and I had to wait for 30-40 mins for the interview to start. Each round had a coding problem and a design problem.

Interview Questions

• Design and write the classes and methods to implement Elevator system in a building   Answer Question
    • Fibonacci, write a program to create a deck of cards and distribute the cards to 5 players.   Answer Question
    • Write a program to return the largest possible number from a given array of integers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (North Charleston, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview about 20 mins some behavior questions and going over resume. Second interview was about two days later and it was a 45 mins phone interview several questions going over resume and more behavioral questions and last face to face interview was about one hour doing role playing interviewer was the customer and we are the agent. Fairly easy. Everyone was very nice and they even offered me more pay due to experience in the customer service role. I was pleased.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was a drastic change at work and how did u handle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate they offered me more.