Verizon

2.9

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Applied in May - recruiter reached out to me via e-mail in September. By this point I was performing a similar job for TWC, albeit with less advanced troubleshooting responsibilities (and more selling :x) Recruiter scheduled a phone interview, which was basically an explanation of the duties of the job and agreeing to take online tests. These tests measured your morals, multitasking, math, typing speed, customer service, as well as networking (the most difficult.) Within five days of successfully completing these tests, I was contacted by a scheduling dept to lock in an in-person interview. This interview was at the work location in Syracuse. Consisted of standardized situational behavior questions from a workbook, administered by two (presumably) supervisors/managers. I answered each question with CAR (Cause, Action, & Resolution.) Interview was on a Friday, Monday afternoon I received a job offer with awesome hourly pay (raise to max position pay in 6 months!) Took a drug screen within the required 48 hour window, by the next Monday I heard back that all my pre-employment requirements were met. Can't wait to start this job, the pay is tremendous (benefits are supposed to be great, too.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used complex analysis to solve a problem   View Answer
    No negotiation, offered one level below max pay due to my experience, roughly 2.5 times more than I've ever made, when I reach max pay I'll be making 70,000 a year before overtime

Desktop Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

phone interview..waiting for call back. first call with was a hiring manager. explained the company and roles that would be done. next is a panel interview with a few employees and will use the star format

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Applied through a job portal and had a initial HR discussion about the role, company and benefits. A week later a telephone chat was scheduled with a director and it was quick and nothing difficult. A week later onsite interview was scheduled and had face-face with 5 interviewers. Most of the questions were on coding, design and patterns. Programming was easy and questions were mostly Fibonacci, reverse a string, palindrome type. I had nice conversation during the interview and they posed some of the challenges and problems they are facing and i could mention few of the design aspects and patterns which could solve the problem. Overall it was a nice experience in interview.
    Result: Rejected me, It was a bit of SHOCK for me as I did very good in interviews and could not recall what went wrong.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Nine weeks from initial contact from (internal) recruiter to job offer. Two phone interviews, followed by three (yes, three!) rounds of follow up interviews. I brought some example work products that were specific and relevant to the job.

In addition to standard background verification, Verizon requires drug screening. It was the first time I've had to pee in a cup for a job. :-) FYI, you have a very short timeframe to get the drug screen done after an offer is made. So avoid poppy seed muffins or bagels, LOL.

Although I did not run into any problems, applicants apparently should be extremely careful when filling out the official employment application because I was told that small discrepancies can throw up time consuming internal red flags. I think it's because Verizon has a background investigation team separate from the recruitment team, and the BI team manages the research vendor (A-Check America).

Overall, a very thorough process - if not a little nerve racking in terms of time for the candidate. :-)

Interview Questions
    • Explain an extremely technical product offered by Verizon in way that the general public can understand.   Answer Question
    There was some room for negotiation when the offer came, although there was a (relatively small) discrepancy between what we agreed on verbally and what the written offer said. Be clear on what your minimum requirements are up front.

Call Center Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Applied online, received e-mail to set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview the following week, passed and moved forward to take the assessment, which is 90minutes minimum to 3hrs. Depending on individual. Mine took about 2hrs, as I struggled with the fish scenario questions. I manage to pass the test, and I was interviewed in person by a group of supervisors immediately after the test. Then I was set up to be interviewed with HR manager who told me I'm hired pending on my background check. Received a call from HR about a month later than my background check cleared and they want me to start work in 2weeks with a flat pay of $28000/year.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your time. Not difficult, but to me it was unexpected.   View Answer

The process took too long, and secured another job with competitive pay and no night and Sunday work while I was waiting.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Someone from human resources contacted me in response to an application. They emailed me about an open house. I couldn't make the open house so they scheduled me for a phone interview on September 2nd. I passed the phone interview so I went in for an assessment on September 4th. The exam was a bit challenging but I passed and was scheduled for a final interview with a supervisor on September 9th. The supervisor was really nice. We discussed my resume and background information. Then she asked me questions about past work situations and we did role play. She typed all of my responses. I recommend you do research on the products and services that the company offers. Overall the interview went well and they said they'll call me within seven days

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had a big responsibility to do at work in a short amount of time   View Answer

Representative Sales/Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

There are assessments that you have to answer before they contact you for a phone interview.I did a phone interview that lasted about 45 mins.They gave me an a PDF overview of action item to go over and study before the interview. Also they sent me a PDF over an overlook of the position; they want you to have a good/full understanding of what that entails. They asked what stood out to me about the Cerdo of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing was the hardest part because during the character of the role player was one that was not interested in the product.   View Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

The process started with a staffing agency contacting me about the opportunity with newly formed group Verizon Labs. There was no phone screen, instead they asked to come to their Palo Alto office for 2 hrs of onsite interview. I went onsite and in the first hour two product managers interviewed me about my projects, how do I handle difficult employees who don't show up to meetings etc. They didn't seem prepared as they were reading my resume during the interview. Second person came late and didn't seem prepared as well. They asked some technical questions about browser cookies and single sign-on. After that the coordinator came back and said the next person had an emergency meeting somewhere and had to leave so that was the end of the interview.

Did not get a picture of what they were looking for. They did not get into detail technical discussion even after me asking if they wanted to get into details of my projects. It looked like a very disorganized and haphazard way to build a team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

This was a very straightforward process. I met with Verizon at a career fair, and they set up an appointment for an interview that same day. It was a very warm interview, and it was more of a conversation and getting to know the people in the company rather than a cold interview with robotic questions

Interview Questions
    There is no option for this, but I have not accepted the offer yet as I am still going through other interviews. The offer is pending

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Had phone interview with 3rd party talent search firm. The woman had no personality and was very condescending. I came away from the interview not wanting anything to do with Verizon. If this is how they treat a person as a candidate, working there must suck the life out of you. I was amazed at the personal questions the woman said were required by Verizon and felt thoroughly violated after getting off the call.

Interview Questions
    • What was the structure of the 401k plan at my last employer and how much did I participate?   View Answer