Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted for a phone interview about two months later. The phone interview was with an HR recruiter and about 30 minutes. A week later, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the store manager at the actual store location. The interview was about 45 minutes. I was informed that it could take several weeks to hear back. I did not get a reply for two months. The interviews themselves were fine, but the length of the process was very long, especially considering this is an entry-level position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of interview, three of them are behavioral and two of them are technical. Got informed that the job is closed before last interview with hr manager and transferred to a new department in same day.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

5 hour day, two interviews, group project, presentation. The one interview was with an HR guy, basic HR questions. Second was a "technical" interview but I guess they really were more concerned with what you wanted to do and liked since I got no real technical questions at all. The group project was one of those, there are 16 items and you are shipwrecked, rank them yourself and then come together as a group to rank them again. Just remember to not be hostile and talk over people, but make sure you have ideas and make it known when you don't agree.

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed for automation engineer with 1 or 0 years experience. Not clear about their expectations, HR and interviewers have different versions and expectation about the job role. Interview dates and time were not properly set up. Not clear about what skills they are looking for in a candidate. Not clear about the role, team members and job description. Not clear about the technologies they are using. Didn't get chance to meet rest of the team members. They provided a job id though which was very generic. called for on-sight first and cancelled the phone interview they set up for next day. Do not waste time unless you are sure its worth attending the interview.

Interview Questions

• program to count and remove the duplicates and remove the duplicates in a file   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Group activity and two 1-1 interviews in one superday. Not very technical at all, just intense being in a room with other applicants. Everyone is incredibly nice, overall not a bad interview process at all.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited by a former HR director. I submitted my Resume and cover letter. I was called in for a one on one with my potential manager and then called to a one on one with his director.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I applied online. Within a couple weeks I got was emailed back to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard, mainly HR questions. From there, I was invited to a Super Day event at their HQ in Texas where I was set up with 2 interviews, one business related, and another HR related. Business interview mainly focused on your resume and projects you have worked on.

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Newport News, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very swift for me. I was emailed to do an assessment after I applied. Mind you, I applied in December 2014, did not receive email until end of Feb 2015. After, I completed assessment, which is about 2 hrs long. I got a call from their recruiter saying I passed and that I will get a phone call in about 2 days to schedule f2f interview. I got the call the very next day, I am thinking this is really prompt, I like this. I went in for my f2f 2 days later and did the interview. Its is a structural interview and role playing is involved. However, the 2 gentleman I interviewed with were very nice and relaxing. The interview process lasted 45 min this f2f occurred on a Thursday. That following Tuesday, I received an email saying I qualified on the interview and that I will be contacted by a member of their team if I am the selected candidate. That's where I was confused, If I am the selected candidate? ok.... so that was 3 days ago to the date. I don't have any information to Verizon, as everything you get is through and auto email or has no call back information. As of right now, I have been waiting for a call..... with my fingers crossed. I really would like to work for them, but I'm not sure, as I usually hear from them within 2 days, but we will see....

Interview Questions

• What is something that you can use to improve your job?   21 Answers

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

After applying online you will receive a call from a recruiter of verizon. There were two phone interviews done with the recruiter; the first was mainly about me and my experience. The second was more company focused, to see if your a good fit with the company. Once you pass phone interviews they will schedule an in store interview with the manger. The in store interview is just a role play followed up with a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asks about you and the company,s credo. In store interview was role playing   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I applied for a position on a Wednesday. Two days later I received a call from a recruiter. We didn't actually speak until the following Monday. After my phone interview, I was scheduled for a face to face interview the next Monday. The face to face interview took about 45 minutes. I was asked why I decided to apply to Verizon and some personal questions as well as critical thinking questions. Once the interview was over I was told I qualified for the assessment. It was scheduled for the next day. The assessment took about an hour or so. It is a seven part assessment, anyone with basic common sense should be able to pass. Once I finished, I was told I passed and scheduled the final interview the same day. The final interview was with the Director and a Supervisor. I was asked some critical thinking questions that needed to be answered on the STAR format. After that I was asked to sell a random electronic device. After the interview was over, I was brought back to the front desk where I waited about ten minutes. I was then told I was being offered the position! The overall process was great. Everyone I met with were very nice and laidback.