Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Solutions Specialist/Retail Sales Interview

Interview

The interview process to get into Verizon is pretty intensive and long, but thats only because they invest a lot in their employees immediately. The whole process lasted about a month, maybe a little longer. You start with a phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour and included some sales roll play. Then you interview with the manager and assistant manager at the store. Theres also some sales roll play in this step but their more or less looking at your personality rather than sales skills. After that, you have an interview with a DM, mine was by phone and it was more him telling me about the company than an interview. You then get a background check amd drug test...if all is good you start training. The process was a pain but understandable for all the benefits and training received as soon as you start. Verizon really invests in their employees and wants to succeed.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting to do a sales roll play in my phone interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Your hourly rate is set and you earn commission on top of that.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

This was a very quick process. I applied for the job on a Tuesday morning, had a phone interview that afternoon. Then, I was instructed that I would be sent an email for a video interview through Montage. Was quite interesting. I was asked three basic questions (tell us about a time when...). Then, the following Friday I was contacted to schedule a Skype interview (since I live about 600 miles away from their headquarters). I scheduled my interview for two weeks later on a Friday. In the Skype interview I was asked scenario based questions (tell me about a time when you had to work in a group, tell me about a time you had to work on something with little time, etc.). They also asked about my prior experience and if I was knowledgeable in SAP, Excel, and Access.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with an uncooperative co-worker   1 Answer

I had another offer with a company close to home for $10,000 more.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied for the job, got an email to schedule a phone interview, completed phone interview, scheduled face to face interview Talked to them about my work history and my personal history and how it applied to the job i was applying for.

Customer Care Interview

Interview

know you job, study and be confidant. The jod is hard but worth the time. Go to web link know the product becasue they will treach you everything else. And I can not say enough be confidant with your answers to any and all questions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied to their website. Got a behavioral phone call in the following month. Second round invitation to Basking Ridge, NJ where they flew me out. 1 behavioral interview and 1 technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you faced a challenge with teammates and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This was the most awkward interview / hiring processes I have ever dealt with. I applied to a position and made it through two interviews with the organization. However, at my third interview, the representative cut my interview short after realizing that although I had significant experience related to the job position, I did not have the specific degree they were seeking. After that interview, I never heard back from another representative. It was a complete waste of their time and my time to make it through 2 interviews only to be rejected for an odd technicality.

Interview Questions

• How would you address individual differences within a team?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Had phone interview with an agent from a recruiting firm within 2 weeks applying online and later went to an HQ for two in person interviews, one business/technical and one HR.

Customer Service Representative Charlotte, Nc Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Horrible HR!!! Applied, received an email to schedule a phone interview 3 weeks later. The recruiter MISSED my interview 3 times!! Scheduled my interview with another recruiter and he was a complete jerk from Wilmington NC, he asked basic questions n resume review. I Wasn't even applying for that location. He Lied and said I would hear back within a week that they had to pick candidates from phone interviews. why even waste my time!? horrible experience. I need to be in HR so I can sit on my rear n read from a script!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for verizon?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

They called for a short phone interview. It seemed more just to make sure that I qualified for the interview on site. They then scheduled an on-site interview one week later and there had me meet with two team managers and have thirty minute interviews with them. After the interview they gave a tour of their facilities and then it was done. They called me two business days later saying they would have an offer to me by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. Helped to know a lot about the company and the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were slow to get back to any questions I had. They would tell me that they would get back to me on a certain day and it would always be two days later than that.

Engineer A Network Engineer Interview

Interview

General questions were asked about my previous experiences. I was asked how much was i expecting in terms of compensation. I was asked if I had any experience with the products they used in data circuit provisioning and activation.