Verizon

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Contacted directly by an internal recruiter from my resume which was posted online, set up call to discuss position, business unit and process. Had another phone interview a week or so later and scheduled in person meeting with local contacts. In person interview after that with several members of the local team. No reply or response until finally saying they were going another direction.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Very rigorous interview process. HR is driving it to be 100% behavioral-based. Questions have been standardized for each job title. Recruiters are overloaded and very slow to respond. So are the HR Business Partners.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked four separate times if EVRYTHING on my application was truthful. And then they came back and compared what I told them with what was on my application and what the background check showed, even for very minor discrepancies. Not unusual to have to provide a W2.   Answer Question
    There is limited room to negotiate. I had very high leverage and only got an additional $5k/year + $10k signing bonus.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was 2 phone interviews the first one were trying to get to know about me and why I wanted to work for the company. The second interview I was given situational scenerios and asked to give examples on how I resolved the issues.

Customer Service Representative Verizon Call Center Interview

I applied for the position on a Thursday, received an email to have a preliminary interview which was the following Monday, it went great and was asked to take the assessment test Wednesday, after test, I had a f2f interview which went great, received a call the same night stating they wanted to offer me the job. Waiting for the background and Drug Screening. I know they will return without a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to be in 3 or 4 years?

What if questions....

Selling Wireless info

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

First there is a phone interview where you will be asked about your back round and general questions about selling. You will always go over your resume at this time and talk about your sales experience. Be ready to describe situations where you were successful in making a sale.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you change someones mind during a sale?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Multiple managers during interview. Very interesting to know what kind of questions they have for you. It takes up to an hour to interview if not more. Everyone seems very professional and take their time to go through the entire hiring process.

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

1st phone interview went well. Next interview scheduled for this friday - exactly 30 days after initial interview. It went extremely well and I feel that I will be given an offer at my next interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

I applied online. Three weeks later I received an email for a phone interview with their internal recruiter. Just went through my resume, why I left each job. The recruiter asked me how much I was making.

Interview Questions
    • None, the interview was very dry. They probably just scheduled the call to get my resume off their desk.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

First they requested a phone interview, then requested an on site interview. I went to attend the on site interview and was told it was changed to a phone interview without prior notification. I completed another phone interview on-site which seemed particularly odd. The 2nd interviewer was confused as well and was caught off guard when I mentioned the situation. Nothing came of this application.

However, I applied again. They again requested a phone interview, then requested an on site interview which I had received a confirmation email for containing time, location, and name of the assigned interviewer. I had made arrangements at my job of the time to leave work in time to make it to my interview. The morning of my interview while I was at work my cell phone kept ringing non-stop. Whoever was calling would not bother to leave a voice-mail. I finally was able to get excused to answer my phone, thinking it must be some type of family emergency situation based on the persistent calling. However, it was another interviewer from Verizon stating they were calling to complete my phone interview. I advised them that was already done & I was scheduled for an on site interview that afternoon. They advised that my on site interview was changed to a phone interview and they were calling to complete it. I advised them that was not an appropriate time, that I could complete the interview at the originally scheduled time. They agreed. I completed the 2nd phone interview again, where they gave me an offer right then for shifts outside of my availability as noted on my application. I declined due to availability, wage being less than I was already making, & the persistent unprofessional-ism of the recruiting process. "If this is how HR works just for on-boarding, how bad are they when you're employed?", were my thoughts. I would like to work for this company, but the HR recruiting at this particular location is quite rough.

Interview Questions

Availability, wage, professional efficiency of the HR recruiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

battery exam; math, alpha and numeric matching, similar to Military entrance exam, then 1on1 interview; drug testing; medical exam, background checks, then Final Offer. Once you pass the initial exams, it's just basic corporate procedures, just as in any big company.

Interview Questions
    • None...just listen carefully to questions and think before you answer   Answer Question
    Use your experiences and show how it can benefit the company so you can negotiate a higher starting pay