Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.9

Brand Ambassador Interview

The interview process was very simple, I applied online and heard back within two weeks. The interview was a phone interview, and the interviewer just asked of my previous experience in marketing and a few questions in regards to my outgoing personality.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was if I knew about the new Verizon products   Answer Question

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

I applied online and in two weeks I got a email about signing up for some initial testing. The first test was like the SAT or an IQ test. There is also a personality test that's within it. Then if you pass that you take a computer knowledge test, which has questions similar to the A+ exam. Then I was called the next day to set up a "structured interview", which was basically a face-to-face interview. They told me a recruiter would call me, but they never did. The structured interview involved two people reading questions out of a booklet and writting down your answers. They then score your answers to determine if you pass.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a customer was angry, how you handled it and what the result.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied for Verizon about a year ago through their website, when I was a senior at my university. I got a call from HR for a quick phone screen to see what I was doing in school and what I had experience with, and then I was emailed a week or two later for an in-person interview on my campus. This second interview was filled with behavioral questions from HR, and a few technical questions (generic technical questions like defining terms) from the managers. They sent me an email a couple of days after for one more interview--this time, to see what I had experience with (again) and how I interacted with the team.

Interview Questions
    • The only "difficult" question I can remember was to define polymorphism and inheritance.   Answer Question

I had another offer that was with my past company when I was working as an intern.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

1 round phone interview, followed by an onsite super day

Interview Questions
    • nothing special, just ask something like "tell me an experience when one of your teammate is hard to cooperate with"   Answer Question

Voice Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

I had two phone interviews which went very well. The interviewers were the head of the team. They asked about my VoIP and network experience along with my linux and BASH exprrience in detail. This turned out to be a false job. They stated they were cut on budget and could no longer hire but would keep in touch but they had been and still are hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all relevent and below expectation,   View Answer
    The position was removed due to budget as soon as I accepted yet they are still advertising.

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

About 72 hours after I submitted my resume and application I was contacted by a recruiter to discuss the position in question. We had a brief phone interview and proceeded to schedule a test for basic skills and networking knowledge. I was later able to schedule a structured interview with two people asking me questions about experience pertaining to how I handle difficult situations and their outcomes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult Co worker and the steps you took to get the job done and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nevada, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nevada, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later on a Saturday. I was then scheduled for a phone interview that following Monday which lasted about 15 minutes. After I completed a personality assessment and sent some references, two days later I was scheduled for my skype interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I told them I would think about it. I was called by a local rep who went over some of my concerns and then I decided to call and schedule my third interview which is tomorrow morning. Wondering what all I will have to do in this one?

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your last job?   View Answer

Fiber Network Field Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Filled out the app. on line and received a response back in about a week. For a test scheduling. Which was about two months in between. The test was administrated at a monitored site, the first test is general knowledge and math and reading and reasoning questions, if you pass this test you will be allowed to take another test depending on what position you applied for. if you pass this test you will be scheduled for an interview about a month later. interview by two employees. you must pass pole climbing class. didn't pass the interview, I was told they were looking for key phrase during the interview...guess I didn't say the correct thing.

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with a irate customer? and how do you explain the difficult set up to a customer   View Answer

Consultant - Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Verizon.

I was referred to this job by people who knew me well and people whose opinion the hiring manager trusted, so that was a good start. I had a quick phone interview and then set up serial 1:1 interviews. Had 6 interviews on two different days before I received an offer over the phone, One was technical, which lasted about 30 minutes. Then was joined by another interviewer who asked a couple of question on resume, and then I met two more directors, before getting a second invitation to meet a couple more team members. Most of the other rounds seemed behavioral/gauging fit type interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Draw out a capital budgeting plan and calculate given a scenario and explain the scenario/sensitivity analysis effect of changes in underlying factors in real world.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Senior Provisioner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon.

I was contacted by a friend that had been called by a recruiter. The recruiter met me at a local restaurant and set up the interview with Verizon. I was brought on as a contractor, and hired 7 months later.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of technical questions, to which I did not know the answers.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, all contractors were brought on at the same rate.