Verizon Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Senior Analyst - Commissions Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Once I applied I received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter. During the phone interview the questions asked were over your resume and why you wanted to work at Verizon. During the call the recruiter advised me which job to apply for even though it was not the position I wanted. After a week I received an email to setup an onsite interview with two managers. The interview was a one on one with each manager and they went over the job position, your resume, and situational job issues. After the one on one interviews I emailed both of the managers 3 weeks later just to be told I was not moving further and that was it. From the interview it appeared that I was well over qualified even though the position required a 4 year degree, MBA, and/or CPA.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of questions were set up as a "what did you do during _____ situation."   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Face to face with the basic scenario questions involved. More specifically questions were asked about my resume. This was not the usual off the street interview as I was a contractor for some time prior. If my resume was not stellar there may have been more questions. In addition, my previous visibility made me a strong candidate for a placement that had to be made quickly. This company has been evolving to stay competitive in the economy so things may be quite different now. Overall, I would say there are no "tricks" during the interview as they do not want to waste your time or theirs. They are looking for good candidates.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question. Speaking about yourself can be tricky. Qualify or quantify your answers when describing results you yielded.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in March 2013.

I applied online and got contacted by the recruiter. The initial was just to get to know each other and then schedule an onsite interview. They flew me to Irving for the onsite interview. Everything was great. It was strange that they didn't ask me to do anything coding during the interview. Just show that you have experience and be confident then you should be fine.

HR called me and offered me the position with detail benefits.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2013.

Met an HR person at a networking event. Then applied online. After I applied online, a outsourced recruiter working for Verizon called me and told me to apply for a position. After I applied I was interviewed on the phone. The interviewer did not feel i was a fit for his division and said he was going to "pass my resume around"... That was the end.

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon.

The requirements for this job was a phone interview by the recruiter, followed by 3 tests. No other interview was necessary, the hiring was based on who could pass the tests. One test was a 'battery' test similar to the SAT: Simple math with formulas give, reading comprehension, and matching similes, etc. The second test was based on networking and internet knowledge. The third test was a role playing test with a phone headset and a mock up of a ticketing system.

Interview Questions
    • The networking test was the most difficult to pass.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon in February 2014.

I had applied in November of 2013 and received a reply only in February 2014 from the firm that handles their interview process. It was a general HR round where in the recruiter tried to assess my strengths and weakness. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you have worked as a team and displayed leadership qualities   View Answer

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

Hypocritical and unprofessional at best.

I filled out a tedious assessment and submitted an application online. 2 weeks later, a talent agent sent me an initial interest email to schedule a phone interview with him exactly 4 weeks from the email. On the interview, I blew him away (wasn't hard to do), so he scheduled me a phone interview with a HR rep. 1 week later. During this interview, I blew her away too (again, easy). She emphasized questions about how to deal with difficult customers, if that helps you out. Because I was applying for a Spanish bilingual position, she scheduled a Spanish phone interview. The next day, I got the call, and this is where it gets interesting: my proficiency in the language was FAR better than the woman interviewing me. It was to the point of embarrassing. Long story short, I blew that person away, too.

So then, one day after the phone interview, I got a call by a store manager in proximity to where I live. She scheduled an in-person interview with her and another store manager/asst. mgr in proximity to me.

Two weeks from that call was the interview. I dressed and groomed to impress, got in the mindset, arrived early, etc. Throughout the interview process, the questions they threw at me were simple, not too out of the ordinary. Again, they focused on difficult customers, angry people, etc. At the end of it all, one of the mgr's said "Don't stress, we'll call you in 2 weeks or less to tell you the news!" I shook hands, etc, I left and that was it.

OK, 3 weeks passed, not 2, and instead of their supposed 'call', I got an email saying that my position has "been put on hold". I called the HR Rep (because she told me to call her should I have any questions), and I explained the email to her. She said "Oh, they meant to tell you you didn't get the job! They sent you the wrong email!"

WTF, guys. As if it wasn't bad enough that your Spanish speaking interviewer can only speak at a high school level? I could take that woman's job in a heartbeat...

I waited THREE months to try getting some silly phone sales job, only to be left hanging. On top of that, they did NOT call me, unlike they promised, to tell me the good or bad news. Amazing!

One way or another, these faults in their company will hurt the business overall, if it hasn't been already.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the company 5 years from now?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest moment when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

I had at least 4 phone interviews. Questions were focused on past work experience and knowledge of technology.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about technology; since I worked in a different field, I would need to learn this information following hire, so did poorly on these questions.   View Answer

Distinguished Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

10-20 phone screening + 1 hr interview with a director or two

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in November 2011.

1 interview with hiring manager. It was a great conversation without all the standard phone interview questions. We knew I was a good fit by the end of our conversation. I appreciated the fresh/normal approach.

Very little wiggle room.