Verizon

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

The interviewer called about 2 min late (as expected) she started off introducing herself and going over the position what it includes and what the facility is like then she began the interview process. She asked your same old interview questions and at the end told me I got through the phone interview and wanted to set up the in person. I am going to in person interview next week. I got through the first part with flying colors my advice is to talk to the interviewer like a person (not a friend) not a robot and you will do fine. I still have a test and the in person interview so I'm praying it goes just as well .

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

The process started with an email sent to me for a request for a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and it lasted for about 5 min. A month later, I received a call to come to Verizon for a face to face interview. There were two interviews at that time. One with IT professionals and one with an HR professional. Each one lasted for an hour. After that was completed, I knew of a decision a week later.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

First received a phone interview, then an in person interview with Recruiting department Senior Recruiter. She was very direct and came across attacking and rude along with negative. I had to get assertive in my responses and really stand up for myself during the interview as if I was fighting verbally for the job. I didn't think I was going to get hired due to her unpleasant demeanor during the interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my hourly rate of pay. I was offered $16.00 an hour but I was able to negotiate $19.00 and hour. My advice would be to not be afraid to ask for more money as long as you can back your request up with previous experience and previous rate of pay for same type of job.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Initial screening call with recruiter, then no contact for 3 weeks. Got a phone interview to present a business plan. Then in person interview with hiring manager and one level above.

Interview Questions
    • I wish they had asked about my technical background in telecom because it was so critical to the position.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon in July 2014.

Initial interview went well. Applied for Account Mgr position and was called next day. 1st interview so far went well. General questions mainly about my past work history and a general question about my knowledge of Verizon. Do your homework inadvance getting to know enough about Verizon. Now awaiting for a response from the hiring manager to continue thru the hiring process. I'm keeping hope alive because it did go well!

Specialist - Installation and Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

If you go through a contractor agency, you may be lucky if it turns permanent with the company. You will probably go through a technical screening interview first. If you pass, the next interview will be a standardized one.

Interview Questions
    • You will probably be asked about a difficult situation in a position where you went above and beyond to work around it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase - I was hired as a contractor turned employee.

Marketing Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview with recruiter
    Interview with HR
    Interview with Hiring Team
    Very Long Process over a few months... was never contacted after final interview. This was one of the more drawn out processes. 1 month in between 1st and 2nd interview at least.

Interview Questions
    • What data analysis in your previous job experience would be applicable to this job. Tell me about a time questions. The questions were all the same for every candidate. The interviewer was reading off of a prompt. They wanted an extreme, borderline excessive amount of detail within the answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Got position through a temp-to-hire agency once I graduated from college. All I had to do, mainly, was show up and do the job. Show that I had the ability to do the work, which was to resolve customer's cellular issues and so in a polite and professional manner. Also demonstrated my abilities to work with various computer programs.

No negotiation. Just showed them I could do the job after working there as a temp-to-hire for 2-3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Applied on line, received a mail to schedule a call interview. Received notice at the end of the call I would come in for an aptitude test and she scheduled a face to face interview for after the test in case I should pass. Received a call that day and asked if we could schedule a call for the following day to speak about my interviews and offered an job offer letter contingent on my background check, resume dates and drug screen, along with proof I do not have a non compete.

Interview Questions
    • During the last intervew I was asked to critique past calls, however they were a little difficult to hear.   Answer Question
    Set Salary - no negotiation

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Multiple steps to get hired. First you have to know the correct code before you can do the initial tests. It's helpful if you know someone who works at the company cause the code is only in major newpaper ads. Take a written test as well a data entry test on your skills. Next is a phone interview and finally they schedule you for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    Doesn't apply. The position was under contract thru the union.