Verizon Interview Questions in Irving, TX

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.5

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

45 min human resource and 45 min technical interview. Pretty straightforward. There were no difficult questions. The staff was really friendly. They did seem to have some timing issues with the super day though.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see IT in 5 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interview with recruiter Interview with HR Interview with Hiring Team Very Long Process over a few months... was never contacted after final interview. This was one of the more drawn out processes. 1 month in between 1st and 2nd interview at least.

Interview Questions

• What data analysis in your previous job experience would be applicable to this job. Tell me about a time questions. The questions were all the same for every candidate. The interviewer was reading off of a prompt. They wanted an extreme, borderline excessive amount of detail within the answers.   Answer Question

College Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Basic personality and easy IT questions. The interview was honestly not a difficult one by any means, they were more concerned about finding a large number of candidates than they were about finding the best.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviews are very good. Very detailed and intensive. Hiring Managers play a very crucial role. Long interview sessions. Questions about different design/ tool aspects. Details of each project and issues/ challenges faced. However recruitment process is very slow.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX).

Interview

I did not interview, was given the job based on my performance.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by the recruiter. The initial was just to get to know each other and then schedule an onsite interview. They flew me to Irving for the onsite interview. Everything was great. It was strange that they didn't ask me to do anything coding during the interview. Just show that you have experience and be confident then you should be fine.

Negotiation

HR called me and offered me the position with detail benefits.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was long and tedious. There was a change in the recruiters. It took several months to find out if I received the offer. The Manager was swamped with projects.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you can immediately help move the offering to the next level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, the salary was provided upfront.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX).

Interview

Phone Interview: Questions on OOP, .NET, SQL. Concentration on web page performance and scripting languages.

Interview Questions

• Find the largest palindrome made from the product of two 2-digit numbers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Verizon Contacted me 1 week ago after my online submission for a Customer Service position in sales. I completed a hour and a half online Assessment, after the assessment I was contacted two days later for an appointment to complete another assessment as well as a Rep simulator. Both tests I was considered qualified my next step was to have a Structured Interview (face to face interview). During this interview I was asked a series of Customer Service Questions in which I had to give my response. Later that Afternoon I received an email I did not qualify for the position. In my opinion I did a great job. I have been in the Customer Service field for 5-10 years and I enjoy interacting with customers. I also worked for the Internal Revenue Service for a few years and was appalled that I have what it takes to review and adjust millions of taxpayers records, however do not have the skill to answer the phones at Verizon. I found the interviewers to be friendly.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

First I had an interview over the phone and submitted my application and resume with a recommendation from two current GTE employees. About a week following submission of the application and resume with recommendations, I was notified in writing that I was hired and was asked where I would prefer to work, Texas or Florida. I selected Texas since I knew a former co-worker who had recently gotten hired there and moved to Texas. After the acceptance letter was validated, they called and set me up for placement interviews. The first placement interview I had, GTE flew me to Dallas / Fort Worth Texas and I met with a Director at a very nice hotel where they provided my stay for 3 days. The director came to the hotel and we met in the lobby and talked. We hit it off great and it was a very informal and fully stress-free interview. This director already had my co-worker on his team and he was happy to add me to the team. He and I are also alumni at the same college, Ohio University.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in managing other people in the work place? Describe your experience with this.   1 Answer