Verizon

2.6

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview with recruiter
    Interview with HR
    Interview with Hiring Team
    Very Long Process over a few months... was never contacted after final interview. This was one of the more drawn out processes. 1 month in between 1st and 2nd interview at least.

Interview Questions
    • What data analysis in your previous job experience would be applicable to this job. Tell me about a time questions. The questions were all the same for every candidate. The interviewer was reading off of a prompt. They wanted an extreme, borderline excessive amount of detail within the answers.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon.

I did not interview, was given the job based on my performance.

No negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in March 2013.

I applied online and got contacted by the recruiter. The initial was just to get to know each other and then schedule an onsite interview. They flew me to Irving for the onsite interview. Everything was great. It was strange that they didn't ask me to do anything coding during the interview. Just show that you have experience and be confident then you should be fine.

HR called me and offered me the position with detail benefits.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in December 2012.

The hiring process was long and tedious. There was a change in the recruiters. It took several months to find out if I received the offer. The Manager was swamped with projects.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you can immediately help move the offering to the next level.   Answer Question
    No, the salary was provided upfront.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon.

Phone Interview: Questions on OOP, .NET, SQL. Concentration on web page performance and scripting languages.

Interview Questions
    • Find the largest palindrome made from the product of two 2-digit numbers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon in October 2011.

Verizon Contacted me 1 week ago after my online submission for a Customer Service position in sales. I completed a hour and a half online Assessment, after the assessment I was contacted two days later for an appointment to complete another assessment as well as a Rep simulator. Both tests I was considered qualified my next step was to have a Structured Interview (face to face interview). During this interview I was asked a series of Customer Service Questions in which I had to give my response. Later that Afternoon I received an email I did not qualify for the position. In my opinion I did a great job. I have been in the Customer Service field for 5-10 years and I enjoy interacting with customers. I also worked for the Internal Revenue Service for a few years and was appalled that I have what it takes to review and adjust millions of taxpayers records, however do not have the skill to answer the phones at Verizon. I found the interviewers to be friendly.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon in April 2011.

Asked a lot of team situations. They asked a lot of communicative questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with an unruly partner   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in July 2010.

Group testing is the first steps in getting a interviewing. Once you pass the test (typical a,b,c, test) you will take a phone battery test. Taking recorded calls and completing the task. If success for you will be set up for a one on one interview with mangers. Interview will be more in the lines of what would you do in the case of example A.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • Do you feel comfortable offering services and products?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

Very short interview as it's recommended from a friend. Basic technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Every question is expected and not hard to my recall.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

It was an external hiring with other group although I was a contractor. I had applied on an external site. Recruiter contacted me and hooked me up with the hiring manager. As we were working in two different buildings across the street, interview was scheduled in the cafeteria. Manager, once convinced asked his senior member to do technical screen on phone. I was then contacted by HR with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was streamlined .. Hiring manager talked to me in person and then asked senior member to do technical screening.   Answer Question
    Knowing the band of the positions and being aware of the salary range for each band will help in negotiation. Should ask for sign on bonus.