Verizon Network Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I had 3 interviews for the same position. The hiring process is somewhat lenghty. The first two interview were done by HR specialists who ask you general question about how you would react in different situation. The third interview was done by the engineering team and ask more questions related to the jobs itself. Such as experience and reasons for chosing the field.

Interview Questions

• One the questions I was asked was what I like least about my field. This very hard to answer because you don't want to let them know you might not enjoy an aspect of the job that you are applying for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Richardson, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and received an email from the HR department and scheduled a phone interview. Then I received another email in the following week for an invitation to their Super Day Interview that lasts for 5-6hours. In the Super Day Interview, they introduced themselves, gave us a tour, and did a 2 on 1 technical interview and a behavioral HR interview. The technical interview was more of fitting you into a culture or interest of a project. There was about 30 candidates per SuperDay Interview, It was kind of fun to talk to other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What do you see in Verizon's technology, 3 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got called back 11 days after the Super Day interview. They gave me an offer and benefits/eligibility as an intern. They also gave me a month to accept the offer.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online at verizon.com/jobs/campus. Received an email from recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. Discussed college education, short/long term goals, and some work experience on resume. Then, they flew me out to Dallas (which was awesome) for two more interviews, put in me in a hotel for the night, and flew me back the next morning. One interview was a second behavioral interview, the other was more technical. For the technical interview, my interviewer explicitly stated he was going off-script, so YMMV. No trick questions or coding tests.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you react/what did you do and what was the outcome? Discuss a time when you stepped into a leadership role. Talk about your experience with coding languages and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

Had a better offer with a different company.

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Various offerings: Phone interview and/or face to face. Standarized Process

Negotiation

They made an offer and I accepted. It was fair

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

How do you influence routes using BGP, EIGRP, OSPF

Interview Questions

• How does a PC know how to send a packet to its default gateway?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon in July 2011.

Interview

My previous position had been eliminated and I was offered a job with my current group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was allowed to keep my current salary despite being higher than all the other engineers

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabang (Philippines)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (Alabang (Philippines)) in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring process starts when you apply online. Then when you are selected, they would call you up and they will ask basic questions like where did you graduate, what course did you take in college, etc. After that they would arrange for an initial interview which is fairly easy.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (London, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter. all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none