Verizon Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

battery exam; math, alpha and numeric matching, similar to Military entrance exam, then 1on1 interview; drug testing; medical exam, background checks, then Final Offer. Once you pass the initial exams, it's just basic corporate procedures, just as in any big company.

Interview Questions
    • None...just listen carefully to questions and think before you answer   Answer Question
    Use your experiences and show how it can benefit the company so you can negotiate a higher starting pay

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon in February 2010.

entry test , secondary test then interview after second interview had drug test after that then you have a 1 on1 interview with and outside agency . once hired I had 3 weeks school training then 3 months riding with someone in the field . then your thrown to the wolves

unable to negotiate

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

I applied on the Verizon Careers site and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. She reviewed my resume and my LinkedIn and forwarded me to the hiring manager, who I had two interviews with. I had an interview with his manager (an Executive Director) after that and was told it was likely I would receive an offer. It took a very long time to receive an offer but once I had it in hand, the process went fairly quickly after that.

Interview Questions
    • Give some examples of difficult negotiations you've undertaken.   Answer Question
    They didn't budge at all on base pay - it was the Gypsy curse all over again; I got exactly what I 'wanted.' That is to say, the exact amount I asked for, decremented by the bonus they expect I'll get. They came up in a few other areas, though.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in February 2014.

Was recruited online, went through a phone interview and an interview at HQ that I was flown in for. Questions were easy, general questions you would be asked.

Interview Questions

It was below my skill set. I called my recruiter and asked if she could help me find something where I could bring more value to the company and have lost contact with her ever since.

Consultant - Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Verizon.

I was referred to this job by people who knew me well and people whose opinion the hiring manager trusted, so that was a good start. I had a quick phone interview and then set up serial 1:1 interviews. Had 6 interviews on two different days before I received an offer over the phone, One was technical, which lasted about 30 minutes. Then was joined by another interviewer who asked a couple of question on resume, and then I met two more directors, before getting a second invitation to meet a couple more team members. Most of the other rounds seemed behavioral/gauging fit type interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Draw out a capital budgeting plan and calculate given a scenario and explain the scenario/sensitivity analysis effect of changes in underlying factors in real world.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Real Estate Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in February 2014.

GOt back to me within a month to conduct a phone interview. Interviewed with a third party that handles Verizons interviews. Said to check back with her in 4-5 weeks to see if they were letting people know that they have advanced in the process. Never heard anything back so I don't think I continued in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a group project that you worked on, how did it go, what challenges it you face, ect.?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Behavioral Based and Skype

They were very inflexible

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2013.

I filled out an interview online which I found from a job finding website. About a week later I was contacted by a recruiter, who was outsourced for Verizon (did not actually work for Verizon). She asked if I was available to phone interview in the next couple weeks. We set up a date to interview. The questions were what is to be expected. Why did you choose HR, why Verizon, what is your GPA, how did you manage a difficult situation, etc. About 2-3 weeks later I was contacted by another recruiter asking if I could interview face to face on a specific date. I agreed and was told someone would reach out to me. a few days before the interview no one reached out to me and I was told I was no longer chosen for a face to face interview with no explanation as to why. Seemed very odd to me seeing as though they offered the interview and basically took it away.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions. I would say make sure to research the company before hand because they definitely ask why you would want to work there and what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2013.

Emailed and asked for an interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

The hiring process was extremely fair as you took an exam and those who passed were hired - it had nothing to do with anything other than the exam.

Interview Questions
    • The test was similar to an IQ test in a way, it was not very technical or too difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!