Verizon

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ashburn, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Easy. Four interviews (three on phone and one in person). Phone interviews covered general questions., No curve ball question. The only thing that irked me was that they do not have any on-boarding process.. took me 3 days to get ID. Manager had to come every morning to get me through security gate.

Interview Question – Don't remember exact question... it was on Agile methodology.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation really.. my company mentioned the rate and I just accepted it (hey! I needed a job)

Very Easy Interview

Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1 interview with hiring manager. It was a great conversation without all the standard phone interview questions. We knew I was a good fit by the end of our conversation. I appreciated the fresh/normal approach.

Negotiation Details – Very little wiggle room.

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – At the time I interviewed, Hughes Telematics was being acquired by Verizon. I met with several key managers from different areas of the company. After some confusion of "who" was suppose to be on the interview agenda as I sat in a conference room waiting for someone to come in, the HR recruiter came in and made small talk. One manager could not make it so I was asked to come back to meet with him and 2 additional managers that same week. Everyone I met with was very nice and no one asked trick questions just to see how I would respond. However, I feel the top manager (VP) liked my background and was determined to make a job offer that week. I feel this affected how the other managers conducted the interview. When I went back to meet with the other managers, the VP came in and made me the offer on the spot. He also wanted me to start the next week but I could not do that. I felt uneasy about the overall speed of the interview process but accepted the job anyway.

Interview Question – Can you start next week?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were willing to meet my salary expectations (within reason) with no qualms. I would think this has changed now that they are part of Verizon.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – The interview is a structured interview ,usually with 3 people ,two of them ask questions for half the interview and then change up. You definitely need Par stories for this type of interview

Interview Question – Be honest don't lie or embellish but make sure you know what they are looking for so when they ask you what you can do for them you have an answer   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon in October 2009.

Interview Details – Current process involves submitting application on line. Background check, drug test, and in person interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Questions will vary based on position applying to. Most involve "tell us about a time when you....." questions relating to the position. Be prepared with examples of work experience stories.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, salary was offered and accepted. Advancement in salary is annually based on performance.

Tampa, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2009.

Interview Details – Behavioral and situational interviews. Always have complete answers with a situation, action, and result. Be positive, always have a positive answer. Do not mention about vacations, time off, pay that is completely decided by HR. Do not mention past bad experiences with previous employers. Always have an experience do not just not answer the question it counts against you.

Interview Question – If a member of your team is not participating in their portion of a project, what would you do?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees and interview candidates.