Verizon

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

There was one face to face interview. Questions asked were either situational or behavioral. I was told immediately of next steps and was I was pleased those steps were followed exactly.. I did not receive a job offer but I don't feel that I was as prepared as I should have been. It was my first interview in years and I was more nervous and clueless than I realized going in. Lesson learned: research different types of situational questions and come up with a few examples. The same example kept popping up in my head and I use it too much.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach learning a new area/subject? Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. How do you motivate others? Tell me about a time you worked on multiple assignments or a project with changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon.

At the time I interviewed, Hughes Telematics was being acquired by Verizon. I met with several key managers from different areas of the company. After some confusion of "who" was suppose to be on the interview agenda as I sat in a conference room waiting for someone to come in, the HR recruiter came in and made small talk. One manager could not make it so I was asked to come back to meet with him and 2 additional managers that same week. Everyone I met with was very nice and no one asked trick questions just to see how I would respond. However, I feel the top manager (VP) liked my background and was determined to make a job offer that week. I feel this affected how the other managers conducted the interview. When I went back to meet with the other managers, the VP came in and made me the offer on the spot. He also wanted me to start the next week but I could not do that. I felt uneasy about the overall speed of the interview process but accepted the job anyway.

Interview Questions
    They were willing to meet my salary expectations (within reason) with no qualms. I would think this has changed now that they are part of Verizon.

Project Manager Interview

The interview is a structured interview ,usually with 3 people ,two of them ask questions for half the interview and then change up. You definitely need Par stories for this type of interview

Interview Questions
    • Be honest don't lie or embellish but make sure you know what they are looking for so when they ask you what you can do for them you have an answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Easy. Four interviews (three on phone and one in person). Phone interviews covered general questions., No curve ball question. The only thing that irked me was that they do not have any on-boarding process.. took me 3 days to get ID. Manager had to come every morning to get me through security gate.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember exact question... it was on Agile methodology.   Answer Question
    no negotiation really.. my company mentioned the rate and I just accepted it (hey! I needed a job)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon in November 2011.

1 interview with hiring manager. It was a great conversation without all the standard phone interview questions. We knew I was a good fit by the end of our conversation. I appreciated the fresh/normal approach.

Very little wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon in October 2009.

Current process involves submitting application on line. Background check, drug test, and in person interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will vary based on position applying to. Most involve "tell us about a time when you....." questions relating to the position. Be prepared with examples of work experience stories.   Answer Question
    None, salary was offered and accepted. Advancement in salary is annually based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon in September 2009.

Behavioral and situational interviews. Always have complete answers with a situation, action, and result. Be positive, always have a positive answer. Do not mention about vacations, time off, pay that is completely decided by HR. Do not mention past bad experiences with previous employers. Always have an experience do not just not answer the question it counts against you.

Interview Questions
    • If a member of your team is not participating in their portion of a project, what would you do?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Four time interview process, 1st was a face-to-face by Talent Acquisition team in Japan, 2nd was a video-conference by hiring manager based in Belgium, 3rd was a teleconference by future colleague based in Australia, lastly face-to-face by the service manager in Japan.