Verizon Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Verizon in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interviewer was very polite. Read all the information they give you in the pre interview email. I took my own notes on how I interpreted the company credo. I took notes on the things said in the company video. Think of a stressful situation you had a work and how you worked through it. Study the information on the product information they send you. Do a little more research on the product on your own. I know it sounds nerdy but I took notes on the credo, the product and answered questions the other people on here posted that they might ask, I printed all of it out and had it in front of me during the interview so I wouldn't get nervous and forget. I wish I could do that for all interviews. I can't stress how much it helped me and made me less nervous knowing that I had something to refer to during the interview. She told me that I will be moving on to the next round of hiring and I am waiting to hear from the local office on when my face to face interview will be and hopefully and offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was very unprofessional. Given a schedule of interview times to choose from. I chose one then received an email that time wasn't good for interviewer. Scheduled for the day they suggested but the time that worked best for me. Then, it was stated that time didn't work for them and they gave me a time that wasn't even an option.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you understand the schedule.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a tip from a buddy that there store had a position open so I applied for the position around June 7th. Got a email to set up a phone screening 2 days later. Interview was pretty easy they ask basic personality questions and asked a few situational questions since I had experience at t mobile. Recruiter said she would give me a call in the next few days. Received a call back from my recruiter around June 20th to set up a panel interview with all the managers in the district lol. At first it was intimidating but I've interviewed one on one with vzw managers in the past and I think the panel interview was good because if one manager doesn't feel you're a good match for the store there's still 8 other managers that might think you are. Interview went well I answered the questions promptly and I think my wireless experience really helped. Instead of selling a phone or item they asked me to sell to a customer as if I was a T-Mobile employee and after that as if I was a Verizon employee. Here, selling the benefits is what they are looking for and knowing the Verizon plans and products really help so do some research before hand. Shook hands with all the managers as I left and they said I should hear for them in about 7 days. That interview was on Thursday and reading through the interview reviews on here a lot of ppl got a call within a few days with the offer call, so when Monday came around and didn't recieve a call, I decided that I was gonna give the recruiter a call to see if the position was still open or if there were any more positions available. I planned to call by Wednesday but that Tuesday I got a call from the recruiter telling me they had good news and that they were going to call with the details, which was ultimately the job offer. I was excited and even though it's not the store I applied for, one of the other managers wanted to me to work with them and I accepted. I've been trying to get to get in vzw for about 5 years because this is the best company to work for in this industry so even though it wasn't the original store I wanted it's still a good opportunity to get your foot in the door

Interview Questions

• Besides the basic "why do you want to work here" questions the one that threw me off was "how hot is the sun."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate because they offered me the wage I asked for

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an initial phone screening that took about 45 minutes. It was difficult to clearly hear and understand some of the questions being asked because the interviewer mumbled through the script quickly. It felt very rehearsed, although I am sure the person reads from a script and then types the answer into the computer.

Interview Questions

• The usual...strengths and weaknesses type of questions   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I had applied online. I then had a follow up phone interview with basic retail questions and waited for a couple of weeks and did not get the job.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied for the job, got an email to schedule a phone interview, completed phone interview, scheduled face to face interview Talked to them about my work history and my personal history and how it applied to the job i was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Grand Junction, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had at least 4 phone interviews. Questions were focused on past work experience and knowledge of technology.

Interview Questions

• Questions about technology; since I worked in a different field, I would need to learn this information following hire, so did poorly on these questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Youngstown, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online - over a month later received an email to schedule for an initial phone interview.
    1 week later got called by the store manager for a 1 on 1 interview.
    1 more week later got a call for a 3rd interview over the phone.
    It's been over 2 weeks and haven't heard back.
    The process seemed disorganized and they leave you hanging for long periods of time.
    Whole process can take well over a month, is stressful, and upsetting when you don't hear back - not even a "position has been filled" email.

Interview Questions

• What is your 10 year plan with the company - threw me off guard because I hadn't really though that far ahead.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online got a call to set up a phone interview the week after. After passing the phone interview I was scheduled to 1 academic test and 1 language proficiency test the week after the phone interview. I passed both tests and got a call from recruitment to set up a personal interview with the store manager. Went to the interview, lots of situational questions..what would you do if....all related to sells. I asked the manager whats the next step after passing a phone interview, skills test, personal interview he said I needed to wait from 1 to 2 weeks to get a call from HR to set up another interview with them and that would determine wether I would get hired or not. At that point I was kinda over it the extensive process for just a sales position.
    Never got a call or e-mail from them. I got a different job now just putting it out there.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at Verizon (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

pretty standard interview. look online for basic interview questions and answers and tweak them to fit your employment history and situation. The interviewer wasn't the most friendly person, but look at it from their perspective, they probably do hundreds of these a month.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for verizon?   1 Answer