Verizon

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.7

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I had applied online. I then had a follow up phone interview with basic retail questions and waited for a couple of weeks and did not get the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Applied for the job, got an email to schedule a phone interview, completed phone interview, scheduled face to face interview Talked to them about my work history and my personal history and how it applied to the job i was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

I had at least 4 phone interviews. Questions were focused on past work experience and knowledge of technology.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about technology; since I worked in a different field, I would need to learn this information following hire, so did poorly on these questions.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in October 2012.

Applied online - over a month later received an email to schedule for an initial phone interview.
    1 week later got called by the store manager for a 1 on 1 interview.
    1 more week later got a call for a 3rd interview over the phone.
    It's been over 2 weeks and haven't heard back.
    The process seemed disorganized and they leave you hanging for long periods of time.
    Whole process can take well over a month, is stressful, and upsetting when you don't hear back - not even a "position has been filled" email.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 10 year plan with the company - threw me off guard because I hadn't really though that far ahead.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Applied online got a call to set up a phone interview the week after. After passing the phone interview I was scheduled to 1 academic test and 1 language proficiency test the week after the phone interview. I passed both tests and got a call from recruitment to set up a personal interview with the store manager. Went to the interview, lots of situational questions..what would you do if....all related to sells. I asked the manager whats the next step after passing a phone interview, skills test, personal interview he said I needed to wait from 1 to 2 weeks to get a call from HR to set up another interview with them and that would determine wether I would get hired or not. At that point I was kinda over it the extensive process for just a sales position.
    Never got a call or e-mail from them. I got a different job now just putting it out there.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Verizon in July 2012.

pretty standard interview. look online for basic interview questions and answers and tweak them to fit your employment history and situation. The interviewer wasn't the most friendly person, but look at it from their perspective, they probably do hundreds of these a month.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Situation Questions are the main part of the questions. As long as you will think you will be fine! The difference between a normal person and a sales rep is your ability to deal with a situation

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in August 2011.

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview about a week after filling out the online application. The interview took about 45 minutes and consisted of mostly information about the job, salary, training schedule, benefits, and a few situational questions. I was then set up with a second phone interview for the following friday with the same person. She asked me a lot of situational questions during this interview, and it took about 45 minutes as well. She told me that I would be set up with an in person interview with a manager at a store and that I should hear something within the next couple of days. The store manager called me about 20 minutes later to do the face to face interview on monday. I was very happy with the manager's prompt response.

I went to the store and didn't get the greatest vibe in the world from the people that work there. Everyone seemed kind of uptight. I was greeted by two managers and taken back to a small office. They seemed somewhat nervous but very professional. I was also nervous since this was my first job interview in almost 5 years. They asked me a series of situational questions that seemed pretty easy to answer. They only really stumped me with one, but after thinking for a little bit, I feel that I gave an awesome answer. At one point, they asked me a question and left the room for a minute or two, then came back to get my response. I was told that Verizon is tougher to get into than Harvard Law School. I find that kind of cheesy, considering none of the people working at that store would probably make it into Harvard Law School. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would hear back from them in 1-2 weeks about the final interview (4 interviews for a retail sales jobs seems excessive, but apparently the application process is really competitive). I was feeling pretty confident about the whole thing.

Two weeks passed and I hadn't heard anything. I sent the manager an e-mail and he responded within about 30 minutes to let me know that they would be making a decision the following evening, and he would let me know once a decision was made. I quickly responded with a short "thank you" message. Another two weeks had passed and I had not heard anything, so I sent another e-mail and never got a response. After about a week, I sent one last e-mail and finally he got back with me. He appologized for not getting back with me, and told me that he had turned it over to HR and thought that they would be in touch. He informed me that my interview went well, but they decided to hire someone that had been in cellular sales for five years.

I can understand their decision to hire someone else, but I really don't understand why it was so tough to get a response after my first face to face interview. It blew me away that the manager told me that he would do one thing, but didn't follow through and even ignored one of my e-mails. It has been a long time since I have had a job interview, so I don't know whether or not this is common practice with interviews, but I think a company should always stay in touch with their applicants, especially if they have gone through 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a situation in which your original method of selling didn't work, how you changed your approach, and what the outcome of that situation was.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon in April 2011.

They will have you apply online and if you pass the personality test and resume screening, you will receive a phone call from Verizon HR to schedule a phone interview with the HR representative. They will then email you a few PDF files that you should read and understand perfectly because he/she will quiz you on it.

If you make it past the HR screening you will be scheduled to do a 1:1 interview with the manager of the store you applied for. The interviewer will ask you the normal fare of questions ranging from how have you dealt with a difficult customer to why you enjoy sales. The big qualifying question (I believe) is why you should work for Verizon Wireless. The best answer to this question should be that you feel that you could be a great asset to this company and that you and Verizon can make a bunch of money together. Do NOT be afraid to be candid and honest with the interviewer. If money is a big motivation factor for you job, tell them. This is actually something that they look for and typically means that a salesperson is being very productive.

You may have to interview in several locations. I did. So be prepared for a second interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite part about sales?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you? (Final question)   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in January 2011.

Just asked basic info about how to sale... give basic process.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of great customer service you provided.   Answer Question
    unable to negotiate pay .. or they said that..but found out later i could have.. the pay sucks.. don't settle hr will tell you they can't do anything per union contract.. if they want you .. they will.