Verizon Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.6

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Multiple interviews, including role playing test calls. Initial meeting was just for completing forms and questioners. Second meeting was role playing on the phone with live employees at remote locations posing as customers, and a short one-on-one interview. Results are mailed to you informing you that either you have not been offered a position or telling you when and where to report for "training".

Interview Questions

• Most questions were oriented towards how you would overcome customer's objections, such as "I have a cell phone & don't need a landline"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Set corporate/union negotiated salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

Multiple steps to get hired. First you have to know the correct code before you can do the initial tests. It's helpful if you know someone who works at the company cause the code is only in major newpaper ads. Take a written test as well a data entry test on your skills. Next is a phone interview and finally they schedule you for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Doesn't apply. The position was under contract thru the union.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

met with 2 people went well. discussed my background, my previous employment, school, previous responsibiities and what my goals were. I answered truthfully. It was more like a informal coversatino more than anything else. The first one went better compared to the second. Some behavioral questions, but mainly about background and goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

You start off filling out just a simple employment questionnaire on their website. General questions about your employment history were asked in this step, nothing too detailed. Once your basic credentials were approved, you were emailed an actual application to fill out on their site to submit along with your resume. After that, if your application/resume meets their requirements, you are to fill out another questionnaire that gathers more knowledge about your integrity as a person and your aptitude in general. Once that is completed and accepted, you are then sent to a testing session at a local site, usually a hotel. If you pass the testing, you are set up for an interview, only after you pass a satisfactory drug screening analysis. The interview process is a two step process depending on the time the company has to hire their new employees. If the company is pressed for hiring time, they will only interview you once and if they like you, you will be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a customer to trust you when every other representative has said the same thing and you don't know how to fix their problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They offered a competitive salary and I quickly accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Salisbury, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

First I was contacted by HR to discuss the job and set up an over the phone interview date. Phone interview was about 40 mins. Interviewer asked a serious of questions, mostly about previous sales experience. At the end of the phone interview I was told that it went well and would be contacted with a schedule for testing. Was contacted next day with 3 choices for testing dates/sites. Testing took about 2.5 hours, but was pretty easy. The test included mostly common sense questions, some math and some mock over the phone call center scenarios. Once testing was completed I immediately found out if I passed or failed. I passed! Next is the slower part of the process, waiting for an interview. Because I was coming from out of state, I interviewed with everyone (Director, Manager and 2 Supervisors) on the same day. I had a panel interview and then a more intimate one on one interview with the direct hiring supervisor. The interviews went great. Then the bad news...I get a phone call that Verizon would love to hire me, however, they cannot at the moment because a new hiring freeze has gone into affect. Now the real waiting begins. Days, weeks, then eventually months go by and they still cannot hire me. Finally 8mths later I get the call. Of course I had to decline as I already accepted a position with another company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you willing to start from the bottom with so much management Experience   Answer Question

Declined because there was a major delay in the hiring process because of a hiring freeze. By the time I was finally offered the job, I had already accepted a position with another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Norfolk, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

several tests and you have to pass to get to the next step/ or know someone to get in/just be very compliant and ready to give your life for verizon

Interview Questions

• main questions were on customer service and sales   1 Answer

Negotiation

the told you what the money is and take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verizon (Long Beach, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

You need drug testing, skills and aptitude testing, and then an interview. Verizon uses behavioral questions. Tell us about a time when… How did you handle it? What did you do? Basically situation action result.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when… How did you handle it? What did you do? Basically situation action result.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in December 2010.

Interview

There is a 4 step testing process, if all tests passed then you will get a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The first test is a basic knowledge test including english and math questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

panel interview

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a conflict that you had with another workmate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Seattle, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

Very good process very quick to get to an offer

Negotiation

pretty much this is what you get - so take it or leave it