Verizon Sales Consultant Interview Questions

3.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Multiple steps to get hired. First you have to know the correct code before you can do the initial tests. It's helpful if you know someone who works at the company cause the code is only in major newpaper ads. Take a written test as well a data entry test on your skills. Next is a phone interview and finally they schedule you for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
Doesn't apply. The position was under contract thru the union.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in January 2013.

You start off filling out just a simple employment questionnaire on their website. General questions about your employment history were asked in this step, nothing too detailed. Once your basic credentials were approved, you were emailed an actual application to fill out on their site to submit along with your resume. After that, if your application/resume meets their requirements, you are to fill out another questionnaire that gathers more knowledge about your integrity as a person and your aptitude in general. Once that is completed and accepted, you are then sent to a testing session at a local site, usually a hotel. If you pass the testing, you are set up for an interview, only after you pass a satisfactory drug screening analysis. The interview process is a two step process depending on the time the company has to hire their new employees. If the company is pressed for hiring time, they will only interview you once and if they like you, you will be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get a customer to trust you when every other representative has said the same thing and you don't know how to fix their problem?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. They offered a competitive salary and I quickly accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in March 2012.

First I was contacted by HR to discuss the job and set up an over the phone interview date. Phone interview was about 40 mins. Interviewer asked a serious of questions, mostly about previous sales experience. At the end of the phone interview I was told that it went well and would be contacted with a schedule for testing. Was contacted next day with 3 choices for testing dates/sites. Testing took about 2.5 hours, but was pretty easy. The test included mostly common sense questions, some math and some mock over the phone call center scenarios. Once testing was completed I immediately found out if I passed or failed. I passed! Next is the slower part of the process, waiting for an interview. Because I was coming from out of state, I interviewed with everyone (Director, Manager and 2 Supervisors) on the same day. I had a panel interview and then a more intimate one on one interview with the direct hiring supervisor. The interviews went great. Then the bad news...I get a phone call that Verizon would love to hire me, however, they cannot at the moment because a new hiring freeze has gone into affect. Now the real waiting begins. Days, weeks, then eventually months go by and they still cannot hire me. Finally 8mths later I get the call. Of course I had to decline as I already accepted a position with another company.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you willing to start from the bottom with so much management Experience   Answer Question

Declined because there was a major delay in the hiring process because of a hiring freeze. By the time I was finally offered the job, I had already accepted a position with another company.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in December 2010.

There is a 4 step testing process, if all tests passed then you will get a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The first test is a basic knowledge test including english and math questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon in June 2010.

panel interview

Interview Questions
    • how did you handle a conflict that you had with another workmate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in November 2009.

Very good process very quick to get to an offer

pretty much this is what you get - so take it or leave it

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

The interviewing process is fair. It is done by a series of tests andif you pass the test and the background check, you get the job. They don't waste your time.

They used a salary/experience grid and based on your work history, they have a set pay. Because it is a sales job and I have sales experience, I was offered the max...even though I didn't have a college degree.

Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Verizon in January 2010.

It was the Five Star interview. I do believe they are no longer using this process, however. What ever the interview process currently is, It will be structured questions each applicant is asked in order to ensure consistency.