Verizon

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

Interview Details – I first met a recruiter at a job conference. This was follow up with a phone interview. Next, they flew me to HQ and I interviewed with about 5 people individually then a panel to discuss the pre-assignment that was provided to me as part of the interview process.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions were technical questions that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A week later they informed me that they would like to offer me the positions and providing me with salary and compensation details. I was young and was just excited that an offer was made. No real negotiating, with the exception that I ask if I could provide them with an answer by the end of the week.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, it was not a difficult interview process. A quick phone screen by a recruiter, then a 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager, and then a half-day interview with two managers and a director. They were each 1:1 interviews, there was no game playing or 'typical interview questions'. The direction of the company was conveyed quickly, and the value that I could bring to the table was also apparent. One of the easier interview processes I have encountered.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, there was negotiation for salary, sign-on bonus, and vacation. This was all handled through a third party recruiter who isn't as dialed in to the company as one would hope. He said things like "You'll get free FiOS", when it was actually just the TV portion that was free, not phone or internet. Also did not mention that 401k matching was dependent on a 3-year vesting period with the company.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!