Verizon

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

I first met a recruiter at a job conference. This was follow up with a phone interview. Next, they flew me to HQ and I interviewed with about 5 people individually then a panel to discuss the pre-assignment that was provided to me as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult questions were technical questions that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question
A week later they informed me that they would like to offer me the positions and providing me with salary and compensation details. I was young and was just excited that an offer was made. No real negotiating, with the exception that I ask if I could provide them with an answer by the end of the week.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

Overall, it was not a difficult interview process. A quick phone screen by a recruiter, then a 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager, and then a half-day interview with two managers and a director. They were each 1:1 interviews, there was no game playing or 'typical interview questions'. The direction of the company was conveyed quickly, and the value that I could bring to the table was also apparent. One of the easier interview processes I have encountered.

Interview Questions
    Yes, there was negotiation for salary, sign-on bonus, and vacation. This was all handled through a third party recruiter who isn't as dialed in to the company as one would hope. He said things like "You'll get free FiOS", when it was actually just the TV portion that was free, not phone or internet. Also did not mention that 401k matching was dependent on a 3-year vesting period with the company.