Verizon Sales Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

There is no hiring assessment or testing just a phone screen and an interview with the hiring manager, and potentially a peer interview. There is a drug test and background check for your previous employers, drivers license, ability to bond the new employee, and verification of any college degrees held.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were very basic. Nothing difficult or unexpected nor particularly germane to the position. There had been many sales people in a turnstile and several sales managers and sales people were recently hired. Only a couple of people were there more than one year.   Answer Question
They don't negotiate. If you try, they will pull the offer. They will offer you a salary and bonus, or a salary and commission structure. I was told I would be on a 6 month ramp, but after three months was put on quota and the comp plan changed so that everything I had been working on was no longer eligible for commission. The comp plan eligible products were changed frequently making it difficult to sell, close, install and bill customers.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

Several educational and skill tests

No negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Very long process, about 4 months. Numerous interviews, first with Regional Sales Manager, then with Director, then with VP, with Engineering Mgr, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2008.

They conducted a structured interview which consisted of situational questions where you were asked to explain how you would respond to various business environments/conditions/situations. There was a variety of categories and at the end you were offered the chance to add any additional commentary/details you felt would be helpful in determining your ability to perform the job you interviewed for.

Very easy

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in July 2008.

Interview process consisted of initial interview with hiring manager. This was followed on a separate day with interviews with two of his peers from a different organizational silo. All of this was followed by an HR phone interview where I was asked questions for a half hour and then presented with an offer.

I thought this was strange. What was the point in wasting our time with a bunch of behavioral interview questions when the hiring decision had already been made?

I had 48 hours from the time of the offer to take a drug test.

This was a managerial position, and at the time of the offer, I had not had an opportunity to meet any of the individuals I would be managing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

1:1 interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!