Verizon

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

Interview Details – There is no hiring assessment or testing just a phone screen and an interview with the hiring manager, and potentially a peer interview. There is a drug test and background check for your previous employers, drivers license, ability to bond the new employee, and verification of any college degrees held.

Interview Question – Questions were very basic. Nothing difficult or unexpected nor particularly germane to the position. There had been many sales people in a turnstile and several sales managers and sales people were recently hired. Only a couple of people were there more than one year.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate. If you try, they will pull the offer. They will offer you a salary and bonus, or a salary and commission structure. I was told I would be on a 6 month ramp, but after three months was put on quota and the comp plan changed so that everything I had been working on was no longer eligible for commission. The comp plan eligible products were changed frequently making it difficult to sell, close, install and bill customers.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

Interview Details – Several educational and skill tests

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Very long process, about 4 months. Numerous interviews, first with Regional Sales Manager, then with Director, then with VP, with Engineering Mgr, etc.

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2008.

Interview Details – They conducted a structured interview which consisted of situational questions where you were asked to explain how you would respond to various business environments/conditions/situations. There was a variety of categories and at the end you were offered the chance to add any additional commentary/details you felt would be helpful in determining your ability to perform the job you interviewed for.

Interview Question – What are your weekest areas and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in July 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of initial interview with hiring manager. This was followed on a separate day with interviews with two of his peers from a different organizational silo. All of this was followed by an HR phone interview where I was asked questions for a half hour and then presented with an offer.

I thought this was strange. What was the point in wasting our time with a bunch of behavioral interview questions when the hiring decision had already been made?

I had 48 hours from the time of the offer to take a drug test.

This was a managerial position, and at the time of the offer, I had not had an opportunity to meet any of the individuals I would be managing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview

Interview Question – what drives you?   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!