Verizon

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Contacted directly by an internal recruiter from my resume which was posted online, set up call to discuss position, business unit and process. Had another phone interview a week or so later and scheduled in person meeting with local contacts. In person interview after that with several members of the local team. No reply or response until finally saying they were going another direction.

Interview Questions
  • How have you dealt with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nevada, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nevada, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later on a Saturday. I was then scheduled for a phone interview that following Monday which lasted about 15 minutes. After I completed a personality assessment and sent some references, two days later I was scheduled for my skype interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I told them I would think about it. I was called by a local rep who went over some of my concerns and then I decided to call and schedule my third interview which is tomorrow morning. Wondering what all I will have to do in this one?

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your last job?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Several phone interviews, two or three 'in-person' interviews, lengthy (great vetting) process. No formal offer letter, just another step in the process. This part is pretty advanced - computer related. On boarding process continues to improve. 5 years ago, a few days of quick training, today, a full week of introductions, overviews, main systems familiarity, too much info, but at least you know where to go for help. much better today than 5+ years ago.

Interview Questions
    • They had asked for a 90-day business plan - how was I going to success.   View Answer
    Just another step in the process. actually, anti-climacteric. HR people seem to have this process down.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

They gave two telephone interviews with general questions. It was pretty standard qustions about sales. The recruiter was very nice and seems to want to help people get the job. The recruiter said there would be three interviews up front so you would know what to expect. The offer seemed to come pretty fast as oppose to waiting around for weeks. They gave the decision within two days.

Interview Questions
    • Whether you would help a customer with a problem or make a new sale. I am not sure if this twas a trick question or not.   View Answers (4)
    No negotiation. HR basically gave salary range and that was it. They did quote a "total" compensation with bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in September 2010.

I received a call to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter. Within three days I had the phone interview and from there I received an invitation to meet with the store manager. Received email job put on hold.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you included others in your decision making.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

I had two different phone interviews then I was interviewed in person by a panel of four. During the phone interviews I was asked to describe particular situations from my experience in the work force. Questions consisted of: "How did I overcome customer objections?" "What did I do to hit quotas?" "In the past, how did I solve a problem for an angry customer?" When I was being interviewed by the panel, I was asked why I was applying for Verizon, how I was going to keep a positive attitude, what makes me the person for the job?... I was informed that I was not hired as soon as I sent the follow-up email.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to achieve sales quotas and how did you do that?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan on keeping a positive attitude when business slows down?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in July 2009.

I submitted an application on the website. Around 1 week later, I was called and emailed by VZW HR about a phone interview. They called me at 8am as promised, and the interview began.

They asked me questions regarding my prior experience, as if they were checking up on my application. They asked about prior sales experience and management experience. They did not just confirm, but asked for in-depth examples of these jobs.

After about 45 mins of questioning, they forwarded me to a store manager for a follow up interview. This interview has not yet begun.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The job offers base + commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

applied online and a 3rd party recruiter contacted me within a week.

Interview Questions

Was not the right job match

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon in October 2007.

they have a 8 page interview guide where they ask you questions to try and see how you respond and what experience you have. it can be difficult or easy depending on what mood the manager is in. They can be picky, so try to be very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to sell something that you didn't know that much about?   Answer Question
    • Name an event or time in your life when you had to make a difficult decision. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    not really a negotiation. they just tell you what you will get paid.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

I applied online on 6/4 and got an email from the recruiter the same day to sch and interview. the interview was on 6/6. I passed that interview and on 6/8 had another interview with an HR rep. That went really well and she told me that she would recommend me for an in store interview. This was the longest part. This took almost 5 and half weeks. even after i called the HR rep back to confirm about the last interview. The in store interview went really well and it was 7/20. He liked me so much that he didnt even want to interview anyone else, so i got a call from the same HR rep on 7/23 with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time where you had to convince someone into purchasing an item   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation you get what they offer you. but it is a really good job with good pay