Verizon

Updated Jul 3, 2014

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Initial screening call with recruiter, then no contact for 3 weeks. Got a phone interview to present a business plan. Then in person interview with hiring manager and one level above.

Interview Questions
  • I wish they had asked about my technical background in telecom because it was so critical to the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

HR recruiter was well organized and followed up with me even when it was still in process. Hiring manager was efficient and met with me then had me interview with the Area VP. They are in the process of rebuilding so they had high energy and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Typical question on hitting quota and managing clients   Answer Question
    Good, I asked for more than they typically pay and they made it work

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

All communications with the Recruiter was great & clean. This was a role I had done successfully in my career for another company, that is why I had been contacted.

My research was to mindmap the Verizon 10K as foundation, then comb website, PR reports, and public you tube videos to be able to recognize and understand the strategy.

During panel interviews usually the hiring manager leads the discussion since they are making the key decision. It started that way and started well. Eventually the visiting exec mgr wants to take the lead in the discussion and begins discrediting two of my successful former roles. In my mind I paused and immediately thought.... how rude the exec mgr is to do this to a manager under himself & do I wish to work for this exec manager as a 1 up senario. @ about minute 25 I decided I did not wish to work for this telecom that was strategically stepping in a new direction and not treating new talent well. I felt sorry for the recruier because she had done a great job.

For me, this telecom is off my list. Since this senario, I have had 4 positive experiences with other company's as each opportunity is reaching a final interview. My summary is, if I don't like the 1up relationship and how they treat people then I am out and will move my sales skills elswhere.

Interview Questions
    • What are you doing with your former side business?   View Answer