Verizon

Verizon Senior Consultant Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

I applied on the Verizon Careers site and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. She reviewed my resume and my LinkedIn and forwarded me to the hiring manager, who I had two interviews with. I had an interview with his manager (an Executive Director) after that and was told it was likely I would receive an offer. It took a very long time to receive an offer but once I had it in hand, the process went fairly quickly after that.

Interview Questions
  • Give some examples of difficult negotiations you've undertaken.   Answer Question
They didn't budge at all on base pay - it was the Gypsy curse all over again; I got exactly what I 'wanted.' That is to say, the exact amount I asked for, decremented by the bonus they expect I'll get. They came up in a few other areas, though.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

A few days after applying online I was emailed by an internal recruiter requesting a phone screen. We had the phone screen and I was told that the hiring manager would be in contact. I met with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask questions regarding working within a highly matrixed environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

interviewed at Verizon in March 2013.

Hiring took a long time, the interview was by phone and in person. The timeline seemed to be extened several times. The phone intrrview was the basic prescreening, and the in person covered the details of the position as well as my background and how I would fit in the group.

Interview Questions
    • What is your plan for this position in 30, 60 and 90 days.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in September 2012.

Headhunter found me in LinkedIn. Took about 4 weeks to get through the screening process. Pretty sure about half of this was due to holidays. I came in twice. First time I met with and HR Rep for background and the with my future boss and one othet director. When I returned I met with the HR rep and two other directors. Got an offer the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Having not formally interviewed in about 10 years, every question seemed difficult to me. The best thing I did was line up my resume against the job description to identify some potential gaps they may identify and look for the big selling points they saw.   Answer Question
    Tried for more money. However offer was already generous and it did not succeed. However I was glad that I tried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon in July 2012.

This position is hand picked as individuals are risen through the organization to become the next leaders within the company

Interview Questions
    • Goals: What are you short term, intermediate and long term goal   Answer Question