Verizon

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in December 2013.

Interview Details – Has three rounds of interview. First round to check your coding skills, Second round to Validate your skills earned through your experience and Third one is the Managerial Round. Much questions were focused on Scala, Play framework. The Second round of interview was focused on the knowledge of implementation.

Interview Question – Data structure implementation in Java.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate happens between the Employer and the Contracting company

Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very short interview as it's recommended from a friend. Basic technical questions.

Interview Question – None. Every question is expected and not hard to my recall.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – I applied for Verizon about a year ago through their website, when I was a senior at my university. I got a call from HR for a quick phone screen to see what I was doing in school and what I had experience with, and then I was emailed a week or two later for an in-person interview on my campus. This second interview was filled with behavioral questions from HR, and a few technical questions (generic technical questions like defining terms) from the managers. They sent me an email a couple of days after for one more interview--this time, to see what I had experience with (again) and how I interacted with the team.

Interview Question – The only "difficult" question I can remember was to define polymorphism and inheritance.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer that was with my past company when I was working as an intern.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiting agency, had phone interview with them the following week. Not sure that went that well (behavioral).
Was told to apply online for all positions I was interested in and that they were having on campus interviews the following weeks (was asked for availability).
Applied for some jobs online, got one rejections. I don't know about the others, but the on-site dates have passed...

Interview Question – Why Verizon?   View Answer

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – It was over 16 years ago. Back then, I had interviewed with each one in the group, and then with the group

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – how to eliminate junk data from being persisted in database   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very smooth. Two rounds of interviews was held. First round was a phone interview round and they tested my behavioral qualities in that round. It was a pretty standard interview. For second round they gave me options for 1:1 all day interview. they flew me to new jersey headquarters. Interview was pretty basic stuff. They tested my programming skills. Overall it was a pretty good experience

Interview Question – They asked me some designing questions and some general programming questions !!   Answer Question

Warren, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in January 2009.

Interview Details – Too many technical environment question, technically you got to be strong

Interview Question – How does Processor works and whats the load capacity means?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

Interview Details – Through a recruiter, met with team of 4 people. Very professional while decently casual. Asked questions and presented engineering problems to work through - complicated but not insanely so.
Outright stated that they were a Serious Work Environment, long hours were expected and all sorts of no-nonsense points. While this turned off my interest, the candor was most excellent.

Interview Question – Here's a data grid - how would you arrange the display?   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – was good

Interview Question – the interviewer was kind. asked basic computer science and java questions   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!