Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for Verizon about a year ago through their website, when I was a senior at my university. I got a call from HR for a quick phone screen to see what I was doing in school and what I had experience with, and then I was emailed a week or two later for an in-person interview on my campus. This second interview was filled with behavioral questions from HR, and a few technical questions (generic technical questions like defining terms) from the managers. They sent me an email a couple of days after for one more interview--this time, to see what I had experience with (again) and how I interacted with the team.

Interview Questions

• The only "difficult" question I can remember was to define polymorphism and inheritance.   Answer Question

I had another offer that was with my past company when I was working as an intern.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting agency, had phone interview with them the following week. Not sure that went that well (behavioral).
    Was told to apply online for all positions I was interested in and that they were having on campus interviews the following weeks (was asked for availability).
    Applied for some jobs online, got one rejections. I don't know about the others, but the on-site dates have passed...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Has three rounds of interview. First round to check your coding skills, Second round to Validate your skills earned through your experience and Third one is the Managerial Round. Much questions were focused on Scala, Play framework. The Second round of interview was focused on the knowledge of implementation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate happens between the Employer and the Contracting company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• how to eliminate junk data from being persisted in database   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Two rounds of interviews was held. First round was a phone interview round and they tested my behavioral qualities in that round. It was a pretty standard interview. For second round they gave me options for 1:1 all day interview. they flew me to new jersey headquarters. Interview was pretty basic stuff. They tested my programming skills. Overall it was a pretty good experience

Interview Questions

• They asked me some designing questions and some general programming questions !!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Very short interview as it's recommended from a friend. Basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Every question is expected and not hard to my recall.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Through a recruiter, met with team of 4 people. Very professional while decently casual. Asked questions and presented engineering problems to work through - complicated but not insanely so.
    Outright stated that they were a Serious Work Environment, long hours were expected and all sorts of no-nonsense points. While this turned off my interest, the candor was most excellent.

Interview Questions

• Here's a data grid - how would you arrange the display?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Warren, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Too many technical environment question, technically you got to be strong

Interview Questions

• How does Processor works and whats the load capacity means?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One initial test followed by a tech round and hr round tech round was mainly on the subject I was interested in and hr was on whether I was ready to relocate ,about domains I was interested to work on

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon (Bhopal (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

there were two rounds hr and technical . in hr they asked general questions like why this company l why software field etc. in technical they asked questions from computer networks (in detail) . Also to some students theyy asked about socket programming and some general coding questions