Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied for Verizon about a year ago through their website, when I was a senior at my university. I got a call from HR for a quick phone screen to see what I was doing in school and what I had experience with, and then I was emailed a week or two later for an in-person interview on my campus. This second interview was filled with behavioral questions from HR, and a few technical questions (generic technical questions like defining terms) from the managers. They sent me an email a couple of days after for one more interview--this time, to see what I had experience with (again) and how I interacted with the team.

Interview Questions
  • The only "difficult" question I can remember was to define polymorphism and inheritance.   Answer Question

I had another offer that was with my past company when I was working as an intern.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Software Engineer Interview

It was over 16 years ago. Back then, I had interviewed with each one in the group, and then with the group

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Contacted by recruiting agency, had phone interview with them the following week. Not sure that went that well (behavioral).
    Was told to apply online for all positions I was interested in and that they were having on campus interviews the following weeks (was asked for availability).
    Applied for some jobs online, got one rejections. I don't know about the others, but the on-site dates have passed...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in December 2013.

Has three rounds of interview. First round to check your coding skills, Second round to Validate your skills earned through your experience and Third one is the Managerial Round. Much questions were focused on Scala, Play framework. The Second round of interview was focused on the knowledge of implementation.

Negotiate happens between the Employer and the Contracting company

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon.

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • how to eliminate junk data from being persisted in database   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon in October 2012.

Interview process was very smooth. Two rounds of interviews was held. First round was a phone interview round and they tested my behavioral qualities in that round. It was a pretty standard interview. For second round they gave me options for 1:1 all day interview. they flew me to new jersey headquarters. Interview was pretty basic stuff. They tested my programming skills. Overall it was a pretty good experience

Interview Questions
    • They asked me some designing questions and some general programming questions !!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

Very short interview as it's recommended from a friend. Basic technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Every question is expected and not hard to my recall.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in March 2009.

Through a recruiter, met with team of 4 people. Very professional while decently casual. Asked questions and presented engineering problems to work through - complicated but not insanely so.
    Outright stated that they were a Serious Work Environment, long hours were expected and all sorts of no-nonsense points. While this turned off my interest, the candor was most excellent.

Interview Questions
    • Here's a data grid - how would you arrange the display?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in January 2009.

Too many technical environment question, technically you got to be strong

Interview Questions
    • How does Processor works and whats the load capacity means?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon.

was good

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer was kind. asked basic computer science and java questions   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!