Verizon

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Verizon in August 2009.

Interview Details – One interview, but with set questions that require multi-part answers. Be well prepared. You will need to pass the HR interview and then an interview with the individuals for whom you will actually work. The hiring process takes many months so you must be patient. If you are doing technical work, you must be current.

Interview Question – There is nothing too difficult but you must have the background to perform the work. Be ready with answers to questions such as what has been your greatest career challenge, how did you meet it, provide an answer in 3 parts, etc. If you know someone at VZ, contact them first to get a briefing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I took what was offered.

Very Easy Interview

Irving, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – I did not interview, was given the job based on my performance.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – I had numerous jobs within Verizon (started when the company was GTE). The hiring process was completed by managers. I was able to share my strengths and weaknesses, ask questions and provide my previous experiences. The people in this company are very company minded. The management in this company are experienced and provide opportunities for all people of color and culture.

Interview Question – How can you make a difference in this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate. Advice I would give others is to be prepared to negotiate and sell yourself and your abilities

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in October 2008.

Interview Details – Suprisingly ad hoc for such a large company. Most people seem to have been promoted after 30-35 years with the company, based on the waiting game. Not overly impressed with this organization. Reactive, not dynamic. Defintely need some younger blood.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been unable to accomplish one of your objectives at work ?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had a negative experience with a manager or co-worker ?   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!