Verizon

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – First was a HR round which was not difficult then came the tech interview

Mayaguez, PR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Verizon in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was quite fast paced !

Interview Question – When they pulled the good cop/bad cop routine on me i.e. the first interviewer would ask Soft skill questions and the second would ask the hard technical ones.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was my first experience so I did not negotiate and waited on their offer.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Interview from the HR Rep, they then said I would be contacted by the hiring manager. The second (and final) interview was over skype. They asked questions about my resume for the first half, the second half were riddles that I had to answer.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Verizon in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty much about behavioral questions and also them asking you what technical skills you have. Trick question " where do you see Verizon going in 5 years"

Interview Question – where do you see Verizon going in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially approached by a recruiter who had trawled my details from linkedIn. He setup a phone screen with the hiring manager, who didn't ask any technical questions, just biographical. I was invited for a in person interview, was interviewed by the hiring manager, and one technical member of staff who didn't know enough about my field to ask any challenging questions.

The hiring manager called the next day to offer me the position.

The background/references/drug test took SIX weeks to perform.

Interview Question – What is your name?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negation was permitted, was a take it or leave it setup.

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in November 2012.

Interview Details – aptitude test followed by a group discussion round.the short listed students were asked to appear for a technical interview the very next day.students who cleared the tech intrvw were then asked to give a hr intervw.hr round was the last and final round but an elimination round which i failed to clear.

Interview Question – technical interview was good covering many subjects like operating system,data structure,computer organisation,java & c.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees and interview candidates.