Verizon Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This was the most awkward interview / hiring processes I have ever dealt with. I applied to a position and made it through two interviews with the organization. However, at my third interview, the representative cut my interview short after realizing that although I had significant experience related to the job position, I did not have the specific degree they were seeking. After that interview, I never heard back from another representative. It was a complete waste of their time and my time to make it through 2 interviews only to be rejected for an odd technicality.

Interview Questions

• How would you address individual differences within a team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First was a HR round which was not difficult then came the tech interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by the recruiter. The initial was just to get to know each other and then schedule an onsite interview. They flew me to Irving for the onsite interview. Everything was great. It was strange that they didn't ask me to do anything coding during the interview. Just show that you have experience and be confident then you should be fine.

Negotiation

HR called me and offered me the position with detail benefits.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

It was pretty much about behavioral questions and also them asking you what technical skills you have. Trick question " where do you see Verizon going in 5 years"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Mayaguez, PR) in September 2012.

Interview

It was quite fast paced !

Interview Questions

• When they pulled the good cop/bad cop routine on me i.e. the first interviewer would ask Soft skill questions and the second would ask the hard technical ones.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first experience so I did not negotiate and waited on their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial Interview from the HR Rep, they then said I would be contacted by the hiring manager. The second (and final) interview was over skype. They asked questions about my resume for the first half, the second half were riddles that I had to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon (Reston, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was initially approached by a recruiter who had trawled my details from linkedIn. He setup a phone screen with the hiring manager, who didn't ask any technical questions, just biographical. I was invited for a in person interview, was interviewed by the hiring manager, and one technical member of staff who didn't know enough about my field to ask any challenging questions.

The hiring manager called the next day to offer me the position.

The background/references/drug test took SIX weeks to perform.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation was permitted, was a take it or leave it setup.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Calcutta (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

aptitude test followed by a group discussion round.the short listed students were asked to appear for a technical interview the very next day.students who cleared the tech intrvw were then asked to give a hr intervw.hr round was the last and final round but an elimination round which i failed to clear.

Interview Questions

• technical interview was good covering many subjects like operating system,data structure,computer organisation,java & c.   Answer Question