Verizon

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – Battery of Tests and two personal interviews

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult direct questions concerning availability to long term travel and or off shift work requirements   View Answer

Negotiation Details – CBA work so all benefits are per the terms of the current contract

Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in February 2010.

Interview Details – UTB test then a Network Interview

Interview Question – What are the ports used for Email   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was quick. You had to decide the position on the spot.

Very Easy Interview

Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details – must pass written test to get accepted to fill out an application. Once you pass the exam, you'll be notified when a position becomes available. The hire ever 7 years or so. Then you have to take a physical and drug screening once called upon. And Last pass a physical ta\st a plant school, such as pool climbing, which last about 3 weeks..

Interview Question – Plant School   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technician

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty quick and short. It was a phone interview that I had while I was on my lunch break. They asked me questions about what I already put on my resume and application. Then I was told what the pay would be and if I agreed to the requirements for the position. After I agreed they said they would send me some paperwork that I had to fill out and send back.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an increase from the base salary for my school credits

Silver Spring, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in June 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received an email to schedual a test date. You are able to schedual online. Once I confirmed my date, I was invited to take a test which consisted of Math, Reading, Spelling and personality. These are used to filter out unwanted candidates. The testing is very easy, compare it to a ged test or 10th grade education. I had a total of 3 interviews. The one on one , they asked about my expectations and what I could do for Verizon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Be honest about everything. You can negotiate salary if you have experience that is rare.

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details – a lot of testing is involved. if you don't pass pole climbing you are terminated. the same goes with all of the other job training. you aren't a real employee until you pass all schools and tests. I don't know how they interview now because it's been so long.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer.   View Answer

Technician

Interview Details – Depending on what job you apply for there is a test for that position. mines was the field and talent tests.
the tests where taking at testing site with a monitor. Tests are pretty simple and if you have experience in the field then its a breeze.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!