Verizon Technician Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Jamaica, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Over the phone, easy and fast, basic questions on what you would do in hazardous situation. How are you qualified for position. How many years you have in customer service........

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

star method of interviewing prep for that and you might get in. star method practice the situation task action response scenario and you will be a winner a test is mandatory call a utb test.

Interview Questions

• Run down the star questions and have responses to them   Answer Question

Negotiation

union job

Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Battery of Tests and two personal interviews

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult direct questions concerning availability to long term travel and or off shift work requirements   1 Answer

Negotiation

CBA work so all benefits are per the terms of the current contract

Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

must pass written test to get accepted to fill out an application. Once you pass the exam, you'll be notified when a position becomes available. The hire ever 7 years or so. Then you have to take a physical and drug screening once called upon. And Last pass a physical ta\st a plant school, such as pool climbing, which last about 3 weeks..

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick and short. It was a phone interview that I had while I was on my lunch break. They asked me questions about what I already put on my resume and application. Then I was told what the pay would be and if I agreed to the requirements for the position. After I agreed they said they would send me some paperwork that I had to fill out and send back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given an increase from the base salary for my school credits

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon in February 2010.

Interview

UTB test then a Network Interview

Interview Questions

• What are the ports used for Email   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was quick. You had to decide the position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email to schedual a test date. You are able to schedual online. Once I confirmed my date, I was invited to take a test which consisted of Math, Reading, Spelling and personality. These are used to filter out unwanted candidates. The testing is very easy, compare it to a ged test or 10th grade education. I had a total of 3 interviews. The one on one , they asked about my expectations and what I could do for Verizon.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from Verizon? How can we help you expand your career.   Answer Question
    • What skills and goals can you bring to Verizon?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest about everything. You can negotiate salary if you have experience that is rare.

Technician Interview

Interview

It was quite quick. The questions were simple and very straight forward. Mostly technical questions about telecommunications and networking. TCP/IP, WAN, data communications. The awesome interviewer mostly asked operational questions too, which were not all that hard. Also questions on how to handle incident and customer service. The second interview is handled by one of the technician it self.

Technician Interview

Interview

a lot of testing is involved. if you don't pass pole climbing you are terminated. the same goes with all of the other job training. you aren't a real employee until you pass all schools and tests. I don't know how they interview now because it's been so long.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Depending on what job you apply for there is a test for that position. mines was the field and talent tests. the tests where taking at testing site with a monitor. Tests are pretty simple and if you have experience in the field then its a breeze.