Verizon Wireless Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

Basic sales abilities are evaluated by the interviewer asking behavioral questions. Verizon was looking from within the company along with outside candidates which prolonged the interview process and delayed response time.

Interview Questions

• What types of technology and Verizon based products do you use daily?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers, not a very structured process. The managers were interviewing other candidates as well as performing their job duties. The interviews were just trying to get to know the candidate not too many in depth questions. They were more focused on the questions that you had for them than the questions they had for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The average questions of how and what you plan to do out of the gate, what you think are the most important tasks and strategies to employee working as a sole person or on a team. How to upsell a client and how to break into a new account or industry vertical, all close to on the ground tactics and high level strategy. Keep an open mind, know that each person that you interview with will have a different way to interview and goals or information that they are seeking, so things will change depending on the person you are meeting, the role, if they have a lot of applicants, if you are on a short list or a filler candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at doing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Pensacola, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Plenty of situational questions. How you overcome challenges to sales.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to overcome a road block from a customer who was not interested in your product.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty set in range for base....

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2011.

Interview

Initially, I took part in a very conversational telephone interview. Roughly 30 minutes thereafter, I received a call from the hiring manager to schedule a face to face 2 days later.
    Face to face occurred Saturday morning and was very pleasant and conversational. Questions revolved around motivations and previous experiences regarding cold calls, difficult customers and planning activities of the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me at time you've dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2010.

Interview

Hr interview, phone interview, face to face interview, panel interview in another state

Interview Questions

• Overall interview was conversational   1 Answer

Poor Pay

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

I knew people that were already working in this same position, so i was able to get my resume in quick. I met with 2 managers, one was the training manager the other was in charge of sales. We hit off because I have experience in both fields and although it was a 2 vs 1 interview I was able to hold my own. Questions were like: tell me about a time when you... Give me an example of ... And the typical... what is your biggest opportunity... What is biggest strength...

I passed that initial interview so they set up a phone interview with someone from HR. That interview lasted about 40 minutes and the questions were very similar. It also went very well. I suggest that you prepare yourself with notes before you interview on the phone.

3rd interview was again over the phone with the AE sales manager because I decided to go for the sales position. He was a bit more intense this time. He asked me about my experiences when visiting the company stores. Because i already worked full time, i was only able to visit 4 stores, his tone changed and He became a bit irritated and told me that clearly I was not interested in this job at all and that he was not interested in someone that did not have interest in researching the company. It was over just like that. Wow...

So my biggest advice is: try to go to as many company stores as you can, walk inside, ask questions so you have an idea of the differences between them. This will help you for sure.

Funny: I heard that hiring manager is no longer there...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the company store? What was the ambiance like? Did you meet the store manager?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2009.

Interview

Interview is based on past work experience and situational questions "Tell me about a time when ......"

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2008.

Interview

Face to face interview just to get a sense of how you react to different situations. Experience