Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details – I knew people that were already working in this same position, so i was able to get my resume in quick. I met with 2 managers, one was the training manager the other was in charge of sales. We hit off because I have experience in both fields and although it was a 2 vs 1 interview I was able to hold my own. Questions were like: tell me about a time when you... Give me an example of ... And the typical... what is your biggest opportunity... What is biggest strength...

I passed that initial interview so they set up a phone interview with someone from HR. That interview lasted about 40 minutes and the questions were very similar. It also went very well. I suggest that you prepare yourself with notes before you interview on the phone.

3rd interview was again over the phone with the AE sales manager because I decided to go for the sales position. He was a bit more intense this time. He asked me about my experiences when visiting the company stores. Because i already worked full time, i was only able to visit 4 stores, his tone changed and He became a bit irritated and told me that clearly I was not interested in this job at all and that he was not interested in someone that did not have interest in researching the company. It was over just like that. Wow...

So my biggest advice is: try to go to as many company stores as you can, walk inside, ask questions so you have an idea of the differences between them. This will help you for sure.

Funny: I heard that hiring manager is no longer there...

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience in the company store? What was the ambiance like? Did you meet the store manager?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 managers, not a very structured process. The managers were interviewing other candidates as well as performing their job duties. The interviews were just trying to get to know the candidate not too many in depth questions. They were more focused on the questions that you had for them than the questions they had for you.

Interview Question – What do you do with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Pensacola, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2011.

Interview Details – Plenty of situational questions. How you overcome challenges to sales.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you had to overcome a road block from a customer who was not interested in your product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty set in range for base....

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, I took part in a very conversational telephone interview. Roughly 30 minutes thereafter, I received a call from the hiring manager to schedule a face to face 2 days later.
Face to face occurred Saturday morning and was very pleasant and conversational. Questions revolved around motivations and previous experiences regarding cold calls, difficult customers and planning activities of the week.

Interview Question – Tell me at time you've dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hr interview, phone interview, face to face interview, panel interview in another state

Interview Question – Overall interview was conversational   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Poor Pay

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview is based on past work experience and situational questions "Tell me about a time when ......"

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2008.

Interview Details – Face to face interview just to get a sense of how you react to different situations. Experience

Interview Questions

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!