Verizon Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted twice for one position with. Once in November and then again in February through recruiters for Verizon. I had one phone interviews each per recruiter, then I was asked for a face-to-face with the hiring manager after the second. The interview went well, but I never heard back.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a project you did when you did not have Management's approval, but you felt it necessary to proceed?   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2013.

Interview Details – First I received a phone call to set up the job screening. I was good just the normal questions, why do you want to work here....why are you leaving your current employer, what do you think about our Credo etc. then once you pass that you are able to set up the first phone interview in which they will go more in depth about your job history and give you situational questions. Then if you pass that section they will schedule your for the assessment. They assessment was not difficult but you do have to pay attention to the directions and practicing your typing and multitasking skills. You receive our results the same day then they schedule you for your last phone interview. They ask you the same questions as the first interview just more I specific just to make sure your staying consistent, then once your have the last phone interview your have a 45 min face to face interview in which she ask a lot of situational and personality questions and you have to listen to some scenarios and give your opinion. Overall the hiring process can take a while but it was fun and worth it!

Interview Question – None of the questions are difficult just remember to answer in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They present you with the offer over the phone making sure to highlight e wonderful benefits they ask if you have further questions and once you agree they email you the offer to sign.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter came out to my college. Then I applied online and about 3weeks later I received a phone call to come in a take an assessment. The assessment was about 2-3hours and it was alot of mini series of test, timed testing, typing test, basic skills test. After I passed that testing I was scheduled for a 1-on-1 interview and I was not notified I received the job until like 3weeks later. I thought I didnt get it because they took so long to get back with me.

Interview Question – Alot of basic customer service questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, base salary

Very Easy Interview

Computer Science Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2011.

Interview Details – Unprofessional. 4 candidates got sent down into a small meeting room, 3 interviewers came in late.
We got assigned to 1 interviewer each, rotating after 30 minutes or so, with 1 candidate sitting in the room doing nothing. All interviewers went over their timeslot, pushing back the time we could leave by. Didnt even know what the position was because they didnt either, they were just filling in positions for a new office apparently. Some easy technical questions about CS. I told them I wasnt interested in just sitting down programming and not doing anything people-based. They were looking for exactly that, just a bunch of starting level salary programmers. Didnt get an offer (obviously, since I told them I wasn't interested in this) and am now turned off from verizon wireless even for future jobs that have a definitive career path. It just doesnt seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Question – Some obscure question about database stuff. It was a question about like a very specific shortcut you could use in some platform   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone call from recruiter with basic questions about if I was still looking for employment, how did I hear about the position, my employment background, etc.... Then 2nd phone call from human resource with some pre-screening questions. Then was asked to come in and do a skills assessment test at the location, then interviewed in-person with the recruiter one-on-one and then did a second interview with a manager one-on-one. Got a call back next day, offered position, then had to do a drug screening. TIP: Use STAR format whenever possible and give detailed, specific answers.

Interview Question – name a time in which you had a disagreement with another co worker.   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, 3 days later i recieved an email asking me to pick a day and time out of 2 days in between the hours of 9-4pm. I recieved the call answered the questions and now i have to go and take an assessment test tomorrow. Hopefully I pass. Do anyone know what the test consist of?

Interview Questions

• What software do you use on your phone?   View Answer
  • Describe a time when u had to diffuse a volatile situation and failed?   View Answer

Consultant - Fraud Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1- hour internal phone interview, STARs format - Situation, Task, Action, Results. Asking questions after the formatted questions is how you are able to give them more insight into who you are and you can get more information as to the type of manager they are. They are not really allowed to ask you questions out of format so it's up to you to ask questions to start the dialogue.

Interview Question – How have you handled dealing with an uncooperative person? Provide situation, task, action, results.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Alpharetta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

Interview Details – intial phone interview, then I was asked to come in for a one on one. It ended up being a panel interview with 2 people taking turnes asking me questions. Then they asked me if I had time to interview with 1 more person. They said it might be and hour or so befor they could meet with me. I stayed and waited about 15 minutes. Interviewed with the last person. I was offered the job a couple days later. Then she rescended the offer after she actually took a look at my application a notice that i had a pending case. She said she was sorry and she didnt see that at first. She informed me that once my case was over i can apply again.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Alpharetta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Interview Details – I get a call from a recruiter (can't really remember anything about signing up with this recruiter) to go to a 1:1 interview with Verizon Wireless in Alpharetta. I interview with one guy...really nice and he was very casual. We sit down and he not only asks me a bunch of technical questions but wants me to write our sql statements, i.e., inner and outer join statements. Then he quizzes me on unix - specifics too, like 'what editor would you pull up'; 'what steps would you take if you wanted to know this (or that)...a lot more sql statements...group by, etc. that he wanted me to write out...It was very excruciating. So, I can blame the recruiter, who did not prepare me at all. But seriously, unless I am an sql developer, why would I need to know this. I currently run sql statements and know some basics, which I told him. He also said that they are moving around people and teams to be fit people in certain roles to be compliant to SOX (or something)...didn't get the job, needless to say.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   View Answers (2)
  • If I have A, B, C and wanted to get a count on A and B, but didn't...(something like this)   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice in Alpharetta, GA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.